• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Livestream up! Polybrawl 5: Return of the Metaknight: November 27th NYC, NY

Jtails

Smash Lord
word inui stay out of the amatuer tournament.

stay where you belong! amatuer is my area!

big bad wolf

Smash Journeyman
I will prolly attend .If I do anti / some long islanders will expected to carpool with me .Helper how many wiis do you need if i go I currently own 3 and 3 copies of brawl but might be able to get more by then how many actually are needed?# wise btw what is the parking situation like ?

HelpR

Smash Ace
TBH, I don't know how many wiis we need.

usually before PB5, we have several people from my crew bringing in extra wiis, but it's never for sure how many I can get until like the night before.

Generally i'll take any wiis that people can bring, so bring as many as you're comfortable bringing, as there's always the setup incentive.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
TBH, I don't know how many wiis we need.

usually before PB5, we have several people from my crew bringing in extra wiis, but it's never for sure how many I can get until like the night before.

Generally i'll take any wiis that people can bring, so bring as many as you're comfortable bringing, as there's always the setup incentive.
Hey, you should get a mod to move this and put the Atlantic North title on it madu.

HelpR

Smash Ace
there's already a thread in tournament listings, however, it's barely getting any traffic

the tourney's 10 days away, so i just said screw it, and let it stay here. If a mod wants to delete it, that's cool, if they dont do anything to it, that's also cool.

either way, i'll ask for it to be locked when the results thread is posted the night of the tourney

Jtails

Smash Lord
everyone bring wiis and tvs. as many as possible so the event runs smoothly.

also i vote for lt singles!

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I think the AM helps the community more. It gives props to the people who try to improve and helps build players that are not that good's motivation to come back again to reach that plateau.

LT does not benefit everyone just people who would not make money otherwise ( inferno, jtails, etc ) and in major tournaments like genesis and pound would not be featured.

Do AM singles and people should be more thankful.

HelpR

Smash Ace
Personally, I'd prefer to do AM, but i'd rather hold a vote the morning of the tournament, and have a decision by halfway through doubles.

I honestly feel that anything that benefits the community the most is best, but I also feel that TOs should try their best to address what the community wants the most. IF everyone who enters the tourney wants LT or MT, i'd rather do that over amateur

There's also the fact that amateur would most likely run alot longer then LT or MT, so, though I cant really be sure, and time is a big factor here.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
ROFL @ amateur

how do you get in it

are there prizes

if you can enter singles and get in by going 2 and out, and there are prizes, I'll do that =D

Jtails

Smash Lord
lol but inui they said you or I cannot enter amatuer.

I know why you can't cause you're a singles/doubles god. but me? thats just silly :p

maybe a restriction can be set on "good" players lol. only midtier and below in amatuer bracket. or low tier.. or just triforce tier!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
That didn't answer how people get in.

If it's go 2 and out in the bracket, I'll do that to get free money. They can't just deny me entry if I go by what the requirement is to get in. >_>;

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
the requirement he already posted was everyone who places under 33rd places

I'm sure he's going to have a rule against intentionally losing so you can get into the Amatuer bracket

I'm pretty sure he atleast has the slightest grasp on peoples skill level.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Ugh, that's gay. A bracket where a n00b can win more money than people way better than him, and even if a good player loses early for real, they can't get in. :(

HelpR

Smash Ace
amateur needs to either be based on how well you did in singles, or how you are ranked in your state. If you are PRed at all, that instantly disqualifies you.

also, as far as how bad someone does in the tournament in relation to whether or not they can enter amateurs, if attendance is lower, i'll change the best possible placing that can enter amateur bracket.

HelpR

Smash Ace
Time permitting, sure, but draft crews are kinda sketchy, especially when the best 3 or 4 players in the tournament team up and everyone else is afraid to try and challenge them.

I think the way it's going it's either going to be MT or LT as the side event, but There's no point in speculation tbh, as the majority will decide.

If you guys have any other ideas for a side event, let me know, I do want some variation in the choices.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I learned of some fun game times from The MW but I'm pretty sure nobody would actually go for it

but i Learned Of Tag Team double and Lumberjack matches

HelpR

Smash Ace
oh? Just describe them. If there's any interest from players, i'll try my best to incorporate it.

Also, while I can't do a full blown 2nd side event, if it's a smaller event, it's possible we can fit it into the schedule after the first side event begins to leave open set ups.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Lemme go find the post real quick

Reserved for post finding post...lol

Tag team doubles said:
Tag team doubles.
You make a 6-8 block flat stage (Add platforms if you wish) with a 1-3 block high wall at the ends, and a one extra block behind the walls. You have two teams, let's say green and red, and one member per team fights 1v1 in the middle, while the other teammate waits on the other side of the wall. For example, red is on the left and green is on the right.

Any time the red team member goes over the left wall, either by jumping over or being knocked over, they tag out with their teammate. The waiting team member cannot jump in unless this happens. If the red player is knocked over the right wall, the 1v1 green player can jump over the wall without initiating a tag, and the waiting green player can attack the red player as long as he is beyond the wall.

The 1v1 players are not allowed to jump over the opponents wall and attack the waiting member. They can jump over the wall if they knock over the 1v1 player, and are allowed to attack both opponents. They must return to the arena if one enemy player is killed.

A death is an automatic tag, and the respawning player is required to get past their wall.

Wall infinite are limited to two repetitions.
lumberjack said:
Lumberjack is a singles match--you vs. your opponent--but with a twist! Much like WWE Lumberjack matches, where the ring is surrounded by other wrestlers whose job it is to wreck your face off if you come near them, the 1v1 match takes place between two Donkey Kongs, who stand on the edges of the stage. They can't move and get one jump, but if you come near them they will hit you. Hard.

HelpR

Smash Ace
Ok well, I just got off the phone with my friend whose helping me set up the event, and I need to stress this repeatedly:

We have 5 tvs on hand currently that can be used for the tournament, unfortunately, our regular source for tvs in the past 4 Polybrawls fell through, so we really need as many people to bring in setups as possible

If you can bring in a tv, please do so, you have no idea how much one tv can make a difference in the pace of a tournament, and remember, you get a fair chunk of change back for bringing in a TV.

So much so, that I will raise the amount of cash you get back for bringing in a tv from 5 dollars to 7 dollars off of your venue fee if you bring a tv in, for the first 8 tvs that are used in the tournament.

If you bring in a tv and a wii, you get full venue off.

Jtails

Smash Lord
Crews would be amazing! as well as Draft crews!

lol though i wouldn't get picked in a draft.

Top Bottom