• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Livestream up! Polybrawl 5: Return of the Metaknight: November 27th NYC, NY

HelpR

Smash Ace
alright guys! this is definitely gonna go down, and it's time to begin hyping it as such.

There are a few important things that I need to stress, specifically:

PLEASE bring a picture ID. This is unbelievably important, if you have a school ID, a state ID of any sort, anything, it'll do. Please bring it so that you can get into the venue much easier. This is a college campus and they're letting us use their venue, so we should try to respect their rules

we also need as many setups as possible, so please post here if you plan to bring a wii or a tv. Polytek is doing what needs to be done to get extra TVs, but considering our past turnout, we definitely need more. As always, we have a incentive on setups, so if you plan to bring a TV, you'll get venue fee off, however, if you bring a tv or a wii, i'll also buy you a slice of pizza.

So, free lunch? plus getting cash back? Sounds like a sweet deal to me, and you dont even need to leave the venue to look around for food.

Tony T

Smash Ace
alright guys! this is definitely gonna go down, and it's time to begin hyping it as such.

There are a few important things that I need to stress, specifically:

PLEASE bring a picture ID. This is unbelievably important, if you have a school ID, a state ID of any sort, anything, it'll do. Please bring it so that you can get into the venue much easier. This is a college campus and they're letting us use their venue, so we should try to respect their rules

we also need as many setups as possible, so please post here if you plan to bring a wii or a tv. Polytek is doing what needs to be done to get extra TVs, but considering our past turnout, we definitely need more. As always, we have a incentive on setups, so if you plan to bring a TV, you'll get venue fee off, however, if you bring a tv or a wii, i'll also buy you a slice of pizza.

So, free lunch? plus getting cash back? Sounds like a sweet deal to me, and you dont even need to leave the venue to look around for food.
lol I'll definitely bring my full setup no worries here. Also I'll see about bringing drinks (sodas+juice etc) like I did before if there are no problems with that.

Also my PolyBrawl 5 list of people to meet/beat with Lucario/Falco blog are both on AIB and SWF. If your not on the list I will add you if you're coming.

AIB:http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=89094
SWF:http://www.smashboards.com/news/blo...-of-people-to-meetbeat-with-lucario-falco-2nd

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
lolsetupincentive

I'll bring a Wii/TV, but its not CRT, so I can't guarantee
it's non-lagginess.
Better than nothing, though.

Also, I can't WAIT for this. I missed PolyBrawl.

Allied

Smash Master
Jash want to team for this?

Snake(wario)/Toon Link

Let me know i'd really like to try it

:3

HelpR

Smash Ace
Alright, as the last 2 polybrawls, we're gonna have a livestream set up, for the viewing pleasure of all the internet. Also, as far as setups go, we currently have 5 guaranteed setups for PB5, and are currently working on getting more. We'll be setting up a twitter account for the day of the event as well, so in this phase of preparation things look very promising. Next update i'll post pictures of the venue and finalize rules, as there doesnt seem to have been any debate over the current ruleset

HelpR

Smash Ace
As far as I know, no. There is however, a starbucks literally next door to the venue and I believe there's a free wifi access point, however, not 100% sure tbh. I'll try and find out the next time I go through.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Anyone from New England heading down to this? Would love to get a ride down and back for this, since my parents will be away for the weekend.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Anti gay.. lol should I attend this or Inui's?
LOL Obviously this.

Plusses about this.

- Mad spacious
- It's in NY (You can go sight-seeing)
- Closer to LGA. (Same state)
- You get to see the wonderful Anti

And other things

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
NYC is gross? Have you fkn SMELT NJ, Lucas?

Also Low Tiers = event runs longer and if he comes into LGA, only one toll in and out.

We also have the decency to ask people if they want some mustard on their burgers and **** not just throw it on.

HelpR

Smash Ace
the answer's obvious, go to go both!

But seriously, if you plan to get here from LGA, you just have to take a bus (the Q33 from LGA), get off at 74 st and roosevelt, and take the brooklyn bound F. Get off at Jay st burough hall, and you're in front of the venue.

the venue is really easy to get to, plenty of food around, and on top of that, ITS NEW YORK. When you're done with the tournament you can always go into manhattan, go clubbing, drinking, whatever the hell you wanna do. Also, there's honestly never any tournaments here, at least none of this scale, and we hope to keep this tournament series running, so we're hoping for a big turnout this time.

Also, how do you all feel about food and drinks at the venue? We're getting ready to order drinks for the day of the tournament, and i'd like to know what you all would like to have there as refreshments.

Also might incorporate a new way of announcing tournament matches, wont go too much into details, but it may make it alot easier for people to go out to get food if it pans out properly, so i'll put that little teaser in there.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Mine. NYC is ****. It's expensive, has ridiculous tolls, is gross, and this event won't have low tiers.
THIS^ Disregarding low tiers.

NYC events are ridiculous. You spend more getting there than on tourny fees+food. It's also extremely trashy. Gross is an understatement.

I hope the event goes well though

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Ok but he wouldn't care cuz hes from TX.

It's torwards NJ its like this

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Ok but he wouldn't care cuz hes from TX.
LMAO!

Just saying. I'm def not trying to put down this event. I just think that if you talk about location only that a NJ tourny would be more desirable unless it's in Newark(the ******* of the United States).

Top Bottom