• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Livestream up! Polybrawl 5: Return of the Metaknight: November 27th NYC, NY

HelpR

Smash Ace
O.o you spend 25 dollars both way?

What the hell route are you taking that you spend 25 dollars in tolls both ways from NY to NJ and back?

I spend like 20 dollars round trip when I take my car to NJ, not including gas.

Protip: dont take the verrazano, it's a massive rip off. Take the holland into manhattan, which only charges coming into manhattan, suffer 20 min of traffic in china town, and take the brooklyn bridge. It spits you out like 10 minutes from the venue.

I'll definitely grant you parking is an unavoidable fee, but there's no way you should be spending 50 dollars in tolls going to NY and back.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I got free parking at allied house

and I think we doing public trans sooo I'm good

also isnt there like 1 toll bridge thats completely unavoidable to get into manhattan from the south (MD) it cost 8 dollars and its always ****ing jam packed

I need to get an EZ pass

Inui

Banned via Warnings
About $25 both ways, not each way.

I'm coming from central eastern NJ. You usually just go to somewhere up north and dodge the parkway or turnpike.

HelpR

Smash Ace
tkbro: There's actually 4 ways to get into NY from NJ

holland tunnel, verrazano bridge, george washington bridge, and lincoln tunnel

they all charge going into NY, but only verrazano charges both ways (because it's booty and connects brooklyn and staten island) and charges 11 dollars over 8

Holland tunnel is almost always full, but it's the closest to the venue, as it spits you out in lower manhattan.

edit: Ah, sorry Inui. Yeah, that's somewhere around what I spend when I go into jersey.

iRJi

Smash Champion
I am most likely coming to this. Anyone need a team's partner?

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
ok im winning this no more bull**** time to play serious and go all out and prob even start planking for my fans and playing gay idc anymore i have fans i needa redeem.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Good **** Bloodcross. That's a lot of help. Do you know if they charge for parking or not?

Also, does anyone that lives near Teaneck need a ride to this? I can fit 1-3 people (depends if I take my minivan or not. I don't see a reason why I wouldn't be allowed). Might have to pay a little for gas.

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
omg i wanna go to this so bad but i just realized i have plans to get it in on saturday....if those plans dont work out then imma be here. also winning mid tiers btw KTHNXBAI.

HelpR

Smash Ace
Remember everyone, if you don't have a photo ID, please let me know ASAP. I want to get you cleared with security so it won't be nearly as much of a hassle to get you in. Please help me make this run smoother >>

Also, awesome. blackanese is coming.

HelpR

Smash Ace
ally: we plan to have the event done by 11 at the latest. we're taking alot of steps to make singles start on time, so don't worry, you should be able to catch your bus.

edit: also, i need to stress this again. if you can bring a TV, please do so! it's extremely important, and makes doing the side events actually possible. If all we have is the few tvs i've bought and solicited already, it's likely we're only going to do singles and teams. I'm going to shoot for at least one side event, but if it isnt possible I won't run the event at the cost of making singles run too long.

D1

Banned via Administration
We should all go out to Dallas BBQ after the tourney's over!!!

It'll be amazing and awesome. I for one know a lot of smashers that are already down for this.

HelpR

Smash Ace
D1: the dallas BBQ near poly is a bit rough on the wait.

srsly. last time me, jtails and some friends of ours went, it was a party of 10 and we waited for nearly an hour @_@

Was still worth it. Colossal onion loaf and a half chicken ftw

Now i'm hungry >>

blackanese

Smash Lord
New York Citaaay :333 Occupation: Stripper ;]
We should just go to ihops since it's right by Poly (but I'm down for pretty much anything afterward). I just hate the "oh tournys over, let's all go home now" ._. lol

Also, no other smashers have Xbox? Like I usually get on Halo with Teevee/Tko/Gunblade/fats/kool-aid etc.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
is it going to be mid tier doubles or mid tier singles for 3rd event?

doubles would be more fun but both are fine i guess

Top Bottom