• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Light House Social and General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

finalark

SNORLAX
The only Star Wars games I've played that I really enjoyed was Knights of the Old Republic, Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy and the two Battlefront games. All of the other ones I've played I found to be pretty forgettable (and yes, this includes the SNES Star Wars games and N64 Rouge Squadron).

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
What can I say? I just really wasn't that impressed with them.

I read Storm Front a while back, and I thought it was pretty entertaining. However, I have yet to read any of the other books.
Storm Front is probably the worst of the first 3 in my opinion. And only because it feels... I dunno. There's A LOT that happens in the other books. So I guess I'm comparing it to the others.

Makes me happy that there's people out there who have read Dresden. :D

But read the other books. DO IT.

M@v

Subarashii!
Starwars games I liked:

Battlefronts are the best. Its bf2 but starwars! I like the first one better overall, but 2 is still good.

Shadows of the empire(n64). You get a freaking jetpack :D
Episode 1 podracer

Rougue squadron series

SNES empire strikes back and return of the jedi were hard as hell.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Anyone know if you still get that gold wiimote when you pre-order Skyward Sword? I looked on Gamestop's site and it didn't mention anything about it so I was wondering if all copies have it or maybe I'm too late to get the pre-order bonus.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ I've never seen it on the site, the release date isn't even out yet...

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Man I feel like I have the craziest hangover you can achieve without even drinking alcohol. Man I went to a U2 concert last night and it was amazing. It was literally a football stadium full of people with the biggest stage ever.

I can't believe I just woke up a minute ago >_<

finalark

SNORLAX
I welcome the RE:CV port though. Never played that.
I second this. I do have a Dreamcast to play it on, but every copy I find is unplayable due to how poorly the previous owners handled the disks.

It's funny, because it's not the graphics that makes RE4 look dated, it's the way it controls and moves.
I second this. I recently replayed the game and came to the conclusion that most of the challenge comes from the fact that Leon moves like a forklift. Lets not forget that you can't move while aiming, and even then the bullets don't always seem to go where your laser says they will. Oh, and you have to pause the game whenever you want to change weapons on top of that...

It's kind of strange that a game that came out only six years ago can feel so dated.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
:-/

Well, I filled that post with awesome.

Not unlike every other post I make. :awesome:

Oooh, I forgot about Jedi Academy and KotOR! :c Still haven't beaten KotOR. No computer I've ever owned can run that ****. T-T
You can pick the 2 of them up for the xbox for nothing at this stage.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Precisely, I've seen it for PS3, I was thinking about grabbing me a copy but I thought I'd get opinions first.

HERE
I have the PS3 version of it.
It's pretty fun, especially on co-op and with the move controller. I'm not that up with Resident Evil though, considering I've only played the original, and like 5 minutes of the one were you start off in the streets thats on fire, and go into a shop or something lol. You just get RE5, with PS Move support (which works well for me, especially aim wise, although it's the move button to shoot, not the trigger, which is a bit odd, and cannot be changed), and all the DLC packs on the disc. Most of the stuff needs to be unlocked via playing through the story, if not all of it, I've only really bothered with the story, but there seems to be a good amount of it, and you don't need to bother with downloading the DLC separately.

I've heard people complain about the game, but I've been enjoying it- I'd assume that it's because I'm not a huge RE fan, and I only have the original to compare it from. It is quite slow paced in term of character movement, but it's far from clunky when played with the move, the game seems quite long (I've not finished it yet, I'm nearish the end though), and it's quite action packed, although depending on your view of RE this could be a good or bad thing.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Oh man, yeah, I'm debating what I should buy. ._. So many things on sale -- 13/14 items on my wishlist are on sale today. (Go figure, my most wanted game is the only one not on sale right now.)

I didn't pay much attention to the Steam sales last year because I didn't have a computer that can actually handle games until very recently, so I don't really know how exactly these sales tend to work...I know it says the Featured Packs and Publisher's Catalogs are on sale throughout, but will other items potentially remain on sale / have a better deal later in the week, or should I just buy everything I'm interested in buying that's on sale today?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I say wait. They will most likely bring back all the deals on the last day for the same discount or at an even lower price.

Also, made a Google+ account! :)

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I say wait. They will most likely bring back all the deals on the last day for the same discount or at an even lower price.

Also, made a Google+ account! :)
The hell does wait mean?

Also, what's a Google+ or some ****?

I really need a new laptop for gaming :(
Go desktop. I regret getting a laptop so much. Desktop is easier to upgrade when the time comes. Also cheaper.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Happy Canada Day! :bee:

I think I'm going to get Recettear. I've heard good things about it, and it's five dollars or something. I kinda suck at PC gaming though.

M@v

Subarashii!
I really need a new laptop for gaming :(
What odin said. Also desktops can be infinitely more powerful than laptops. Lastly, laptops will love to overheat on you, like mine does D:

If you have the tech savy, build your own. Cheaper and can make it uber awesome. I just ordered the parts for my first home built computer yesterday :). Mad hyped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom