• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Light House Social and General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
My laptop loves to overheat randomly.

Like I could have it on for 3-4 days straight and it will be fine.

Other days it turns itself off after an hour or 2.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
What odin said. Also desktops can be infinitely more powerful than laptops. Lastly, laptops will love to overheat on you, like mine does D:

If you have the tech savy, build your own. Cheaper and can make it uber awesome. I just ordered the parts for my first home built computer yesterday :). Mad hyped.
Well if that's the case I should get a desktop with massive processing, I just want one that's going to handle Steam without lag.

My old laptop was fine, but it kept overheating and the lag was noticiable.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
The **** man that Melee one is crazy. I read up dozens of articles of Master Hand and his use in game, but this is literally the first time I actually hear of using this trick. Every other source just said it was only possible with the debug menu or gameshark codes :/

OmegaXXII

Yes I believe so, like Sonic The Hedgehog, I always though I would face some ultimate boss after collecting all 7 emeralds .... Or the fact that the EGM posted that Sonic was playable in Melee, boy did I fall for that. :urg:

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Lol, surely you jest.

Also - I knew about both those pop fiction subjects you posted.

I figured out the flagpole one twenty years ago, lol. And the Master hand one voa Youtube.

:)

OmegaXXII

"Let's Play" videos may soon be illegal:

Full Story

It kinda sucks, it means that even a kid posting something related to a music video on you tube to making a homemade game review could possibly lose the right to vote or jail time. <_<

:phone:

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629

Full Story

It kinda sucks, it means that even a kid posting something related to a music video on you tube to making a homemade game review could possibly lose the right to vote or jail time. <_<

I'm trying to not think about it. I really don't see this passing. That's really really dumb.

For real.

That's kind of the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.

GGs, America. Your tax dollars are well-spent.
Yeah, well. :-/ Believe me, I hate this country sometimes. It's probably not any better anywhere else... ****in' tax man.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Lol, surely you jest.

Also - I knew about both those pop fiction subjects you posted.

I figured out the flagpole one twenty years ago, lol. And the Master hand one voa Youtube.

:)
I didn't even think it was possible due to an invisible "wall" at the top of the flagpole, who would've thunk that? And I assumed you'd have to use game shark to play as master hand in SSBM.

My mind was blown.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I didn't even think it was possible due to an invisible "wall" at the top of the flagpole, who would've thunk that? And I assumed you'd have to use game shark to play as master hand in SSBM.

My mind was blown.
Did you also know that you can get Mew in Red/Blue and maybe Yellow I forget without a gameshark?

OmegaXXII

Luckily I never finished mine, I'm like halfway through it right now, but I haven't played it in ages, though now that I found that out I'm going to finish it with all 151!

theeboredone

Smash Legend

Full Story

Not gonna lie, I really am annoyed by those wannabe "good" singers on youtube that make music videos of cover songs, while they are using a bunch of split screen effects on themselves playing different instruments. So I support that part 100%

But yea, I do think the bill will become more detailed...otherwise, we're gonna LOSE more money by putting more people in jail, which our tax dollars then pay for in order to support their needs while in jail >_>.

Plus it will suck if jails become over populated and we need to kick out more dangerous criminals back onto the street due to "good" behavior.

OmegaXXII

I'm trying to not think about it. I really don't see this passing. That's really really dumb.
I also hope it doesn't come to pass, they should be concentrating on real criminals or those who actually distribute and promote piracy, not a guy who's making a damn video game review. <_<

That's kind of the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.

GGs, America. Your tax dollars are well-spent.
I honestly believe if the government makes this bill come to pass it, we are gonna be expected to pay more in ****** taxes, which isn't necessary for housing people that didn't really commit real crime, it's pathetic if you ask me.

finalark

SNORLAX
What a bull**** bill. What, we're going to focus our dollars on punishing people who record themselves playing video games instead of hunting actual criminals?

If that bill passes I will punch a donkey.

finalark

SNORLAX
This is why I don't consider myself American even though I'm a citizen
I like living here, I'm not going to demote an entire country that I've enjoyed living in my entire life just because I disagree with a few of the things we've done. People act like America is the only country that passes stupid laws and makes dumb choices. At least you don't live in Australia where nearly everything is ban due to a government that thinks its people will break down and kill everyone if they watch violent movies or play violent games.

tl;dr: America isn't that bad, if you don't like it here then GTFO. Although if something happens and the country collapses on itself Canada is a pretty cool place and I would move up there in such a situation.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I think it's Singapore that has a law about not being allowed to chew gum? Lawlz....

And let's not forget the punishments and strictness of Saudi Arabia...women can't even drive on their own.

Anyways...if this bill does pass, imagine all the hacker activity that will rise up >_>

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I remember when I found out about that I instantly started a new game.
I remember when I believed the myth that Mew was under that one truck in Pokemon Red. Tried for so long, only to have my dreams shattered. :c

At least I know now that there is a legit way to obtain Mew. :)

I also hope it doesn't come to pass, they should be concentrating on real criminals or those who actually distribute and promote piracy, not a guy who's making a damn video game review. <_<
What a bull**** bill. What, we're going to focus our dollars on punishing people who record themselves playing video games instead of hunting actual criminals?

If that bill passes I will punch a donkey.
The real criminals in the US are copyright violators, am I right? ;)

This is why I don't consider myself American even though I'm a citizen
Even tho I'm Canadian and if this law does (somehow) get passed, it'll only affect me in minor ways since I'm subscribed to a bunch of people on YouTube who do gameplay commentaries. :x

OmegaXXII

At least I know now that there is a legit way to obtain Mew. :)
Yes, I least I don't have to buy a game shark for this.

Even tho I'm Canadian and if this law does (somehow) get passed, it'll only affect me in minor ways since I'm subscribed to a bunch of people on YouTube who do gameplay commentaries. :x
I wish I lived in Canada sometimes when such dumb bills are even considered in the U.S, lucky you. :rolleyes:

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I played the hell out of my red/blue games.

And being a kid with a Gameshark made it even better. All team Ivysaur each with a moveset that completely contradicts their native Type.

Then the shores of Cinnabar Island had MissingNo and that was also pretty darn awesome.

As a matter of fact, I had thought I had built the perfect team in of my playthroughs in pokemon Blue just to find out the entire team was weak against Ice, or was weak to some attack the first lady of the Elite four. Only recently did I go back to defeat her and the elite four.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
You can get 2 tickets easily, link your Steam account to your Facebook and join the "summer camp" group on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom