• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

League of Legends

Sieg

Smash Champion
Shyv dominated, she will be FotM. TSM just got outplayed by a more well-coordinated team who had weird team composition. Shyv will fail at FotM because you actually need a good team to play her in the style that she was played, and obviously all the solo q heroes won't realise this.

Ward your goddamn red.

Add me: Sieg00

Rad

Smash Ace
Every game in the finals snowballed purely off of a single stupid mistake. Of course, it was aggressive plays that forced these mistakes, but it made for a very disappointing series in my eyes. (And then there was the picks and bans...)

Idk, I'm not convinced League of Legends works well as an e-sport. Still a nail-biter though!

Rad

Smash Ace
I haven't fully considered my thoughts on the subject, but there's something off with the game as a spectator sport and I haven't put my finger on it.

Remastered

Smash Lord
The problem I find with spectating is that you can't watch all the action at once unless it is all occuring in one place.

After the finals, I had 3 teams last night try the backdoor red attempt and failed everytime. People will try and replicate it, but it will never be as successful without the full map awareness of a co-ordinated team.

Shyv in my opinion is an incredibly strong champ. Used her this week in her free week and basically ***** face out of the jungle. Her ganks are fantastic (especially with red) and it's almost unfair how quickly she clears the jungle. Very underrated champ, well not anymore.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
1. Shyvana isn't a good ganker. In uncoordinated examples (i.e. our level of play), she's pretty fine camping top to be a complete nuisance.
Red buff doesn't proc her E any more, which has hurt her ganking noticeably in most other lanes.

2. Incredibly strong? She's a fine character, but she still has fundamental issues in her kit (mostly relating to her E spell) that need to be addressed to stabilise her + truly make her shine. Unfortunately, they will now likely never come because she was USED IN A TOURNAMENT.

3. Her jungle clear speeds are fantastic. Mundo does actually jungle faster than her now though, but is about half the awesome of Shyvana.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I have seen a lot of top level players ganking with her fantastically well. You just have to gank from angles. She obviously isn't as strong as rammus or lee sin etc at ganking. But they are far from bad and well above average with her flashfire gap closer which is up the entire gank if you time it to begin your AA's. It's no worse than jungle Master Yi.

Her ganking is fine, but what makes up for her just above par ganking, is her amazing clear speed. I have a friend of mine who jungles regularly with Mundo now, and he keeps up with the rest of the map so incredibly well. Not to mention cleavers slow and range making ganks easier. I'm a big fan of jungle Mundo too.

SethT

Smash Ace
I strongly disagree when you say Shyvanna isn't a good ganker. Sitting there watching Domo play her is something to be seen. Her ult gives her such a strong form of initiation and allows for her dive towers with a fair amount of success. Her movement speed increase/damage ability is also really good.

What makes her shine though is her ability to counter jungle as everybody saw throughout the tournament by M5.

In fact a lot of the top Aussie junglers have been using her a lot.

Mundo clears the jungle fast but gets way to low on the first run :[ but if he gets through the start, well, he then just goes where he pleases.

SethT

Smash Ace
Shacos ganks are in a different league. However at the end of the day, I'd prefer having a good shyvanna on my team then a good shaco.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Thanks for the game last night Ace. Glad Crypts and I could keep up with your team. Sad we had to have 3 ring ins.

My mate fixed his hard drive, so we should have our full kit together again one night this week I hope.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
I feel the same way as Rad kinda, I just don't feel like there's enough punishing in LoL. The only reason I feel like that is because I played hon first though and you are always punished for things. Having said that I love playing LoL and can respect that it is indeed competitive, just not in the nature that I enjoy to watch.

:phone:

SethT

Smash Ace
Thanks for the game last night Ace. Glad Crypts and I could keep up with your team. Sad we had to have 3 ring ins.

My mate fixed his hard drive, so we should have our full kit together again one night this week I hope.
Anytime, give me a heads up when you can get your team online and we'd be keen to scrim again.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Yeh we really could have done with Slim in the jungle, or even me. Popdart going 0/8 didn't help us at all. I remember when I played Shaya and his group for the first time about 3 weeks after I started on LoL and getting dominated in a scrim.

Rad

Smash Ace
I want to vs. other states again.

Also we did play with Ad3pt before he hit 30 I remember because I wasn't 30 yet either or was just barely 30.

NSW 3v3 team is the worst 3v3 team in the world also. We want to get schooled at 3v3 by someone.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
melbourne would **** u guys

too bad we play dota now instead (the good ones at least, apart from sam)

Rad

Smash Ace
Walking into a thread and saying "This team who doesn't even play this game because this game sucks would totally **** you guys" is a really ****ing rude thing to do. Who asked?

That's right, no one.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
That's because you're bad at video games

you guys can stick to lol, rather keep the baddies in 1 game aye

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Well you are the one who said you want to vs other states again, so being in another state i came and said what i thought about the other states along with what would happen if we did vs you (:

Splice

Smash Hero
I'm not sure why Rad got so mad in the first place, then I think aces was the first one to actually incite any kind of DotA vs LoL talk. Phil just said he plays DotA2 now whereas Aces was more insulting.

And if you act like that it's pretty hard for Redact not to troll you (a.k.a his response to Aces), I mean come on guys, Rad calm the **** down rofl

SethT

Smash Ace
I'm not sure why Rad got so mad in the first place, then I think aces was the first one to actually incite any kind of DotA vs LoL talk. Phil just said he plays DotA2 now whereas Aces was more insulting.

And if you act like that it's pretty hard for Redact not to troll you (a.k.a his response to Aces), I mean come on guys, Rad calm the **** down rofl
Unintentional inciting, but yah perhaps. More a comment towards redacts ego/my experience of egotistical DotA players. If I wanted to incite DotA2 vs LoL I'd talk about how buying items in DotA2 makes me want to cut myself. I don't mind DotA, I just like the game mechanics/metagame of LoL more. Even if its easier.

:D

but srsmode, there's a line between trolling and just being a ****.

That's because you're bad at video games

you guys can stick to lol, rather keep the baddies in 1 game aye
I rest my case.

Splice

Smash Hero
That was after you insulted him though :/

Also the shop in Dota2 makes me want to cut myself too. I will learn it though, when I stop playing the original altogether I will get used to the Dota2 shop properly.

SethT

Smash Ace
That was after you insulted him though :/

Also the shop in Dota2 makes me want to cut myself too. I will learn it though, when I stop playing the original altogether I will get used to the Dota2 shop properly.
Insulted? Saying Melbourne would **** everybody seemed a little egotistical to me and so I just expressed what I thought :D

Yah when they improve it I'll probably take another look.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Dota2 ego 2op is a really harsh insulting thing to say aces. Like really really insulting. I'm extremely offended that you would even say such a thing. I hope your mother doesn't have to listen to such fowl language. Please clean up your act.

:phone:

SethT

Smash Ace
Soz :[ I've been attending regular sessions in an attempt to curve my dastardly ways, alas to no avail.

Splice

Smash Hero
Dota2 ego 2op is a really harsh insulting thing to say aces. Like really really insulting. I'm extremely offended that you would even say such a thing. I hope your mother doesn't have to listen to such fowl language. Please clean up your act.
Yeah, and I was totally unprepared when I waltzed into this thread to read that. As someone who plays DotA I cried so much, but I only had 3 plush toys and to wipe up this amount of tears and console my self, I would certainly need 5 or more.

Top Bottom