• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

League of Legends

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
but thats the problem. I watch the finals/semis from the larger tourneys and as AR said, they do fold out mostly the same way, the characters do vary yes which is the meta, but what I mean is how most matches play out is the same

:phone:

Rad

Smash Ace
Don't bother. He knows his post is a giant mess, he's just trying to get a rise out of someone. If you think he cares about being corrected, then you're wrong. Of course, I can't prove it. (redact seasoned #1 troll)

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Just out of curiosity Redact, what makes Hon/dota less stale?
as AR said:

"It's always jungler, off tank/tank top, ap mid and support AD range bot. And it's slow, a few ganks and then baron + win."

there is slight variance in that and I have seen the variance, but the lack of consistent variance as large as dota/hon is what makes it stale quick IMO

in dota you get 2 man mids, trilanes both top and bot for either team, 2 man roams, dual jungler roam and such. All of these things are common meta-game in the competitive scene where even after all the heroes are picked, you're wondering what the lanes will be. Smoke adds a huge part to the gank in dota and how strong the stuns are in hon makes ganking very common/good/consistant. It's mostly that I prefer the excessive variance in meta that comes with dota/hon over lol

Lol has much more hero/champ variance than dota/hon though, were in dota you see the same 20~ heroes consistently picked/played (currently)

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
there is a negative side to the meta being heaps varied

when in pubs (dota) everyone thinks they need to do 2-1-2 or 1-1-2 with a jungler. when the enemy team ends up picking some lineup that needs a dual roam or 2 man mid or trilane to counter it, you may aswell already give up since 9/10 players you encounter in pub wouldnt even know what a trilane is.

sad times

where as the simple solo top, 2 man bot, mid + jungle means that your own team at least doesnt have lane setup issues even at the lowest levels since its always the same in pub.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
That 'style' though only came about less than a year ago, and prior to that there so much more variance (still a jungler, solo mid/top, duo bot) in what each role was doing and where, etc etc
And while you think that may be the bee's knees (at the highest level of play it's proven to be the most successful) at a pub level in a majority of games I would say are 'ruined' by people feeling the need to pigeon hole themselves into that. Even at high level, stuff like ranged carry mid, or the 'dedicated support' taking a solo crops up from time to time but rarely at the end of tournaments, but no one at lower levels wants to diverge from the standard, and tbh, it sucks.

SethT

Smash Ace
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1902322

Kinda happy they're not releasing a champion every patch and actually putting more time into the champions themselves. Not that I'm really complaining about the champions they've released recently but I feel they could start releasing champions that are a little more meta changing.

Also, any word on that Smash based League tournament?

Top Bottom