• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

League of Legends

SethT

Smash Ace
I remember playing runescape when I was the wee ol age of 12.

Then somebody asked for my password, so I gave it to them and lost the account. Cried for the rest of the day.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
addiction is probably based more on personality than the game itself

mmorpgs are by nature stupid addictive

if i didnt have asian go-study-son parents i probably would have spent a literal half of my early highschool years playing freaking maplestory of all things (back in scania/bera days, when levelling actually felt rewarding), so im very grateful to them for that

Silfa

Smash Ace
addiction is probably based more on personality than the game itself

mmorpgs are by nature stupid addictive

if i didnt have asian go-study-son parents i probably would have spent a literal half of my early highschool years playing freaking maplestory of all things (back in scania/bera days, when levelling actually felt rewarding), so im very grateful to them for that
bera4life.

played again for a few days about a year ago and levelling was a lot different. sooper easy levels.

Rad

Smash Ace
Australian In-House tonight? Someone with more friends than me needs to help me get this off the ground.

GAUGING INTEREST

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
im willing to join in on any aus inhouses (someone will need to let me know through steam/irc/whatever)

ill bring the trash talk along with most of the skill (shaya isnt bad i guess)

Rad

Smash Ace
At the moment we have like 6-7 people showing interest only. Is there anyone else, or should we just give up on today?

You can add me in game: Rad3n

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
Just curious - I assume you guys use voice communication when playing?

Forte4Tei

Smash Apprentice
years of typing on dota/LoL have served me well in uther/raynor party typing mini games :)

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
its like when i cant play melee for some reason i'd probably play 64

lol looks like a 64 game hey rofl

SethT

Smash Ace
I find him really annoying to lane against in top lane. His armor ability lasts way to long imo and when he gets to higher levels its fking hard to bully him out of lane.

Only played against him once though so v__v

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
You'll often see him using his grab, comboing into his slow, very devastating if he's got a teammate or two with him, in which case you're pretty much dead. He also has a lot of things that can really destroy late game team fights.

If you play a ranged character, you can outlane him early game by sticking behind your minions to avoid the grab, and poking him when he gets too close. He's not actually that bulky early game, so after enough poking you should be able to chase him down for an early kill.

I'm probably just stating what everyone knows, and there is no need to point out my noobiness that I am already aware of =)

SethT

Smash Ace
I saw him as support today in ranked, real strong and just ***** out bot lane so hard.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Just about every character is actually viable or very close to viable, it just requires good team synergy, etc etc.

Katarina bottom tier?
Who cares if you have good front line burst and you use her for clean up.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Competitive metagame I mean the general structure and flow of a competitive match. It's always jungler, off tank/tank top, ap mid and support AD range bot. And it's slow, a few ganks and then baron + win. I love playin pub where people do whatever lol but I don't enjoy that if we wanna play a real serious game that is the setup we have to follow.

:phone:

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
There's nothing stopping you from following a different setup, just like there's nothing stopping you playing Ganondorf.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
There's nothing stopping you from following a different setup, just like there's nothing stopping you playing Ganondorf.
I dont think you know what metagame is if youre saying that. The meta game for lol is very samey and gets stale theres no debate, its one of the main reasons I just cant watch lol in comparison to hon/dota

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I dont think you know what metagame is if youre saying that. The meta game for lol is very samey and gets stale theres no debate, its one of the main reasons I just cant watch lol in comparison to hon/dota

Then don't post in the thread.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Wait I cant talk about the lol metagame in the lol thread? Sorry man ill make a lol metagame thread instead

I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about redact, lol.
Yeah I guess all those streams ive watched along with vods werent actually samey. Thanks for telling me what I saw.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
At any one given time there are general trends / play styles / "meta" that you'll see, but these shift around quite often.
If you're only watching american streams then you're missing out on what the asians/europeans are doing, which for almost the entire life span of League have always been different.

Top Bottom