• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

League of Legends

Remastered

Smash Lord
I don't play lane Rammus anymore, I learnt that lesson just recently. Atleast not in 5v5 solo laning. TT he is still really viable though. I play other characters other than rammus, it just happens that whenever I play with you guys, you need a tank.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Supporting rammus is viable (sit in brush and taunt *****es and shizzle).
as is jungle rammus.

He can't handle solos though.
for proper 'tank rammus' he generally needs the jungle (with successful ganks!) or a lane he can farm in. 1v2 rammus is impossible :p

I must have sounded very angry yesterday, and sorry If I did, I wasn't upset or anything about the loss. If its 'funsies' any comp can do and it doesn't really matter (well, I was going AP/Hybrid Ez, it isn't really super viable in itself either, so you can blame me for that); I just assume there's an interest in improvement, so it's worthwhile to point things out >.>

Blind pick is a curse though and I prefer draft 99.9999% of the time.
In blind pick, any comp can work assuming the enemy team doesn't have something that destroys it. SOLO TOP RAMMUS could have worked, assuming the enemy team was also a solo (and those solos at top are typically melee, which he does okay against some of them), but the moment we saw that it was going to be 1v2 at top I was like 'well, ****'.

SethT

Smash Ace
AP Sion mid 2 legit at the moment. Seeing so much of it in ranked.

Remastered

Smash Lord
No I didn't mind Shaya, generally if there are 2 melee top lane, Rammus is semi-viable, but yeh our team comp was pretty bad. When I saw Summoner pick Taric after I picked Rammus I was like, 'well this won't be a game we can win easily' haha. But yeh I don't play too competitively unless its draft mode. Banning the Akali's until the cows come home. I played solo top Rammus against 2 the game previous, with summoner, Rad and Ikill and ***** face, which just shows how team comp makes such a difference.

I have a new solo top now anyway, simply because the regular team I play in has me fitting either the carry or tank role anyway. We are mixing up team composition and trying things still anyway, so the more I learn, the better.

Rad

Smash Ace
"Rad and iKill ***** face"

No... the other team was just really bad. For a start, one of the other two people top was ALSO Rammus. Wasn't I first time jungle Karthus too?

Remastered

Smash Lord
I remember finishing with top assists over 30, and 7/3 kills/deaths in that match. I didn't ****, but for a Rammus I think they were pretty decent stats. I might be wrong though, but it did take us 60 minutes to beat that team. I want to play you guys again in a custom match with my full 5 team including Jaice. I'm still pretty bad, given I only started about 3-4 weeks ago, but our last custom match where you went first time Cass was good.

Silfa

Smash Ace
For a start, one of the other two people top was ALSO Rammus. Wasn't I first time jungle Karthus too?
o_o

Both sides are allowed to have all the heroes in LoL? Is this the same in competitive games?

This isn't a troll or anything, legit curiosity. How many heroes are there in lol at the moment?

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
85 iirc.

There's two types of picking in LoL, blind and draft. Blind is used in non ranked games, draft in ranked games. Blind allows double ups of champs on teams, draft doesn't.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Starting to realise why Kog'maw isn't as good as other carries. Lack of movement is silly.
WHOA WHOA WHOA.
Adept, Kog'maw is one of the best ranged carries in the game at the moment. He is one of two currently considered hyper ranged carries (along with vayne).

While the W duration nerf definitely kicked him down a little, he's still considered a top pick; really only let down due to the prevalence of caitlyn.

But take into consideration this.
Kog'Maw has the most range out of any range carry.
His auto attacks deal 6% of the enemy's health.
He scales with every single offensive stat very well.

His lack of movement is the weakness he is given for how amazing he really is.
In proper arranged play, teams can be built around protecting kog'maw, and no other ranged carry in the game does more damage than kog'maw.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Yeh but that reliance on a team to protect me is what sucks the most. Everytime I play Kog, I have the target painted all over me for the reasons you set out above. He does ridiculous damage, but if your team doesn't stand in from of you, you're as good as dead.

Plus I'm a massive noob still which doesn't help this cause. I played another team with a pantheon in it a while back, and they literally jumped on me everytime they could. Makes me sad, and Kogs biggest weakness apparently are jumpers :(. I just watched a tournament AP carry Kog, and all I have to say is 'WOW'. Wouldn't mind trying that out at some stage.

I think I should re-phrase what I said above, Kog'Maw is great, but is terribad when your team comp doesn't help him. I might try running flash and ghost just for that extra escape power.

Rianogard

Smash Apprentice
If anyone wants to add me my username is:
Jaeon172
I mainly use Heimerdinger, Sona and basically the rest of the support characters. Heimerdinger and Olimar, such similar characters. Also AD3PT, Karma is better than you think.

Rad

Smash Ace
Most of you have played with me by now. Who do you think I would enjoy the most?

Akali, Gragas, Karma, LeBlanc, Lux, Mordekaiser, Nidalee, Olaf, Pantheon, Shen, Urgot, or Xin Zhao.

I'm thinking Olaf but I can't afford the Brolaf skin which is most of what I enjoy about the character.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'm thinking Olaf but I can't afford the Brolaf skin which is most of what I enjoy about the character.
Back in my day, enjoying Olaf involved being 4K health and coming out of every late game team fight with full health; while not giving a **** what anyone else was doing.

But then vayne came along and Kog became viable again and the meta changed and all of olaf's good items got nerfed.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Looking at your other chars Rad, I would say you would probably want Akali out of that group, or even leblanc. But if you want a character who plays different, and is still good to play, I'd say Mord or Panth.

Vayne is my next champ purchase. (Really liking the carries) Finally getting decent with Kog now too. Especially after a few matches with you smash guys. Massive positive KD ratios now. Learning curve was bit more than I expected, but now that I'm getting it, it makes me wonder why I didn't earlier :/. Noobs be nooby, what can I say.

Taric is good Vyse, you just have to have a decent team built around him and a decent carry to lane with early. Not sure how he goes solo top though....

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Lawl I had someone tell me off because I wasnt helping them tank the team fight. Cho needs his shopping >=O!

But even though they all died, I nom nomed the enemy team anyways :O.

I gotta stop playing the tanky builds all the time lul

Btw.. was it just me, or does flash have less distance now? Nerf? =<

Remastered

Smash Lord
Yeh flash got a nerf, and fortify and rally have been changed/upgraded. Cleanse now gets rid of exhaust and ignite also. Going to try running Ghost/Cleanse on Kog tonight, flash is almost not viable except in certain circumstances like through small walls like the baron pit etc for escapes. Haven't tested the new distance yet though. The cool down on flash now is stupidly long too, so I'm pretty sure this will kill its viability massively.

Top Bottom