• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

League of Legends

Remastered

Smash Lord
I just read it on the forum boards. I assumed that's what the patch was last night. I don't really understand why flash needs a nerf anyway, the CD is ridiculous anyway, plus it is available to everyone if they choose to use it. If anything, I think they should be more creative with the other spells.

I love the name of the new champ though haha.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Yo dawg, I hear you like characters with constant slows.
So we constantly slow tryndamere
so while he ults
he doesn't move
then he dies.
because that's how you counter tryndamere and he's one of the easier characters in the game to counter in team fighting circumstances.

What's currently OP about him is his laning phase, but I am near certain none of you would have experienced that yet.

Zxv

Smash Lord
I just read it on the forum boards. I assumed that's what the patch was last night. I don't really understand why flash needs a nerf anyway, the CD is ridiculous anyway, plus it is available to everyone if they choose to use it. If anything, I think they should be more creative with the other spells.

I love the name of the new champ though haha.
Redact here:

Not too sure when was the last time you watched a competitive game rather than some pub heroes. I watched a few matches in the past week as recommended by Mystwalker and ZXV showed me one too, all being recent

One thing I noticed is that not a single player did not choose flash.

Bit of a trend there... If it's something that every single educated player chooses in every single situation you know something is wrong

Rad

Smash Ace
Anyone know when the next patch is going live? I have way too much study right now but I'll drop everything to try out buffed Orianna.

Rad

Smash Ace
So Hyped for Orianna buffs.

It's nowhere near where she used to be even one nerf ago, but hopefully I can re-capture some of the fun I had with the character.

The Master Yi buffs seem kind of cool as well. I also never enjoyed playing against Akali, Graves, or Kog Maw so we'll see how that goes.

Forte4Tei

Smash Apprentice
IGN: FortePP

21-0-9 for xerath? anyone got any builds for the masteries yet?

also about trynd...isnt cleanse removing ignite real cool for him?

Remastered

Smash Lord
Tryn is insanely easy to counter, a tryndamere on the opposing team doesn't scare me at all really. (His jungle control does annoy me a bit though, especially early dragon, but there are plenty of characters better than him at the job)

Akali is also really easy to counter.

Why did they reduce kog'maws range :(. I hate you League of Legends. Now will play Vayne instead, who seems much easier to snowball with and use anyway.

Rad: I don't understand why you quoted me before :/. I personally don't think flash is that great. Most competitive kogs I have seen use it, only because of his poor escape ability. I will be running cleanse and surge with the new patch. Surge is a summoner spell built basically for Kog'maw.

Does anyone know if Kog still has the longest auto range with W on? Or does Tristana have it now?

Caitlyns nerf is pretty pathetic, (needed to soften Q a bit imo). Graves nerf was needed last patch when they nerfed him then. Both feel like ranged carries on easy mode.

Don't really understand why fiddles hasn't had a nerf yet, can anyone explain why? Drain cools down before the animation ends, and fear is dumb. Hence my want to use cleanse.

Rad

Smash Ace
That's one mess of a post Ad3pt.

All I'll say is that Kog still has the highest range by a slight amount at level 9 when tristana isn't even 650 yet.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Just checked, lvl 18 Tristana now has the longest range in the game, Kog'maw only gets within 2 with W on, but is still shorter, and only get within 2 every 17 secs for 10 secs. (Late game is when you want it on a carry)

Kog'maw gets a massive 40 range reduction, and Caitlyn only gets a 5 movement speed nerf and that is all. Well done Riot.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I never saw him as OP, well not that I can remember. (If he gets fed, buy thornmail. Otherwise exhaust him and laugh. Rammus' taunt is anti tryn, among other champ ulti's)

Tristana at lvl 18 has 712 range. Kog'maw at lvl 18 with W on is 710.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Mm... thought trist's max range ended below 700, meh, w/e.

Kog was too strong. His early and mid game were still pretty good for someone who hard scales as much as kog does, and having the longest auto attack range was just too much considering his hyper scaling.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Have you played much of Kog? I have played all of the ranged carries now, and he is definitely the weakest early game of all of them. I understand he scales fantastically, but you have to work pretty hard to get to that point at end game. His ulti poke saves him a bit at lvl 6, but it's difficult to get there without a favourable lane, or a really good support. This is the reason he is the hardest of the ranged carries to play too.

I am more annoyed by the change because I use him I know, but it still sucks.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I've played a bit of kog.

In a nut shell, if you have someone like alistar who will gtfo anyone who goes near you (or sona who will be like gg burst damage and you can kill a squishie from full health at level 2 with the duo), and you outrange everyone with aas that deal bonus % of health, and you're packing offensive masteries and proper ad carry runes (ad quints, armor pen reds),your auto attacks with kog from THE GET GO, are really strong.

The only auto attackers who are stronger early game in terms of dps is Ezreal (and MF and Twitch but they're a lot more restricted). Level 6 Vayne's aas go up a ton, but she's still restricted to 550 range compared to 650-700.
Kog is top 3 early game auto attacker while having the longest range of an auto attacker in lane from level 3 onwards. Caitlyn is his only weakness.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Yeh he is excellent if you have the perfect build around him, but the drop in range has hurt him alot now. Incredibly noticeable in last nights games. I have the AD runes that you mentioned exactly, but tbh, and a fair few Kog players agree, the Arpen marks and flat damage aren't as good as atk speed in most cases. I now run AS quints and only 10 worth of arpen marks and the rest AS, and my last matches with Kog have been 14/8/16, and 9/3/8. An extra 6 AD in quints is a little wasted I think, when you can add 10% AS. A lot more success with the AS then flat damage because the W hits for that atk you need anyway.

The one thing I am loving is the new masteries though. Running 10% cd reduction masteries on kog with stinger or brutaliser early for extra cd reduction, and I have a 1 sec cd on W for the entire match, and the mana cost is minimal. Had great success last night with it. With the offense tree the way it is, I don't miss out on any damage with cd reduction, so it really is the best option on kog I think.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Depends on how you build him.

I go between building manamune and then building whatever the **** I want because I'll be spamming for hours or just pure dps.
I rarely build madreds and stuff on him.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Yeh I only go shred magic if the other team is MR soft, W does enough Magic Dmg without the need for madreds. Siege tank with Manamune is a really popular option, especially when it's stacked. Such a great item the manamune, though I don't buy it first if I get it. Start building AS after beserkers and doran, then an infinite 3rd or 4th. Manamune for late game ulti poke is great though. That's if I don't go stinger brutaliser than zeal and infinite for straight auto atk if my team is really CC heavy.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
how the hell did we get matched against each other last night Rad/iKill. It still amazes me.

Rad

Smash Ace
Season Two

Ranked Teams

best time for australian lol team or best time for australian lol team?

Splice

Smash Hero
shaya can u orb walk in LoL? (animation cancel)

Curious, if you can i want to do it
Is it hard

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
there are some minor animation cancelling type stuff, mostly relating to an ability usage + auto attacks. Don't know how extreme down the ladder orb walking went though.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
manual cast orb attack (eg ice arrows)
let projectile fly (i don't think there were manual physical orbs in dota)
right click to cancel the rest of the animation with movement
repeat

does this exist at non-obscure levels?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Well, for auto attacking, especially with ranged carries, if you stand still you'll fire at 1 attack per second (60 frames) [assuming your auto attack speed is 1.0]
However, most auto attackers have 10 or less frame auto attack (as in, it takes that long to hit the opponent, most aa animations do last longer, but timing the cancel so your aa isn't made 'non-existent' is important, and the timing is different with most characters), hence you have 50 frames of movement which won't hamper your next auto attack if doing it efficiently.

Stuff like that exists for melee too. Certain characters' jungle paths require a lot of kiting to maintain health. Characters like Shaco with their 'backstab' passive, like to move in between auto attacks behind jungle creeps to get the bonus. Melee with high movement speeds can literally auto attack, dash out, etc. (and for higher level of play, you need to do this in between AA kiting to avoid skill shots, etc etc - players who stand still while auto attacking are instant 'obvious' bad players)

All characters with 'your next auto attack deals' etc (Nasus q, poppy q, shyvana) will cancel the lag of your auto attack cool down. So you can auto attack > ability to do two auto attacks with less than a second.
Irelia's 'dash' (q) isn't a 'next auto attack', but an auto attack modifier of sorts, you can auto attack, q instantly, then auto attack again.

Forte4Tei

Smash Apprentice
I think there's orb walking as in letting the projectile fly then moving

but stuff like demon hunter attack animation cancelling, not sure in game or no

asianaussie

Smash Hero
^that's the reason i gave up trying to play antimage properly and went dagon for lulz

also that i was forced to play on touchpad most of the time

Top Bottom