• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Getting an extra point in q for lower cd vs both Jayce and vlad early on can really help. Use bushes to try to E either of them to force out knockbac/pool respectively while your q is still up. Although i don't like the build paths for irelia when doing this, rushing hexdrinker or wits end will allow you to really bully vlad.

and yeah like dmg said, pool cd is like 20 seconds level 1 which is double your hiten style or e
:phone:

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Get a wits end and watch Vlad run away every time you engage on him, its so easy

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Isn't her q the only move that scales off ad? I'm sure everything else scales off ap.

Yeah, cougar form q is all that scales off AD. It's 1.0 though, so that's nice.

I think its just for the aa's? Using all of her other abilities for support and escapes. I'm not sure, I just saw Wingsofdeath doing it and found it interesting haha.

He actually ended up going Negatron, BT, Mallot, IE...

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Tried to play Irelia vs Jayce, Vlad and Jayce traded lanes.

How do you play Irelia vs Vlad, I go in but he just pools away.
wait till he's next to a low creep, then Q to that low creep and start attacking him until he pools, keep following him in pool, WQERigniteRRRautotruedamageautotruedamagehuehuehuehue him when he pops out.

this is a pretty standard play pattern as irelia vs. all characters with strong disengages, so get used to it. your opening Q should always be going onto a nearby low creep for the CD refresh so that you can reengage.

Leacero

Smash Lord
I figured "more competitive" would mean less inane RNG crap like tripping/tons of dota moves.

Isn't her q the only move that scales off ad? I'm sure everything else scales off ap.

Q is from like 1.0 to 2.5 AD ratio cuz it's an execute. BUT ALSO HER HEAL TOO TECHNICALLY CUZ MASSIVE ATTAK SPEED~!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Trying to get used to it, I picked up Irelia recently since I've been liking the hard bruisers that scale well in team fights/late game. Like Jax, Nasus, etc. Since I've started going top lane over mid nowadays.

It's hard with Vlad I guess since he pokes while sustaining himself and he has pool to walk away from me. I'll try and work with the advice though, thanks. :)

Turazrok

Smash Master
I mean the only rng I can think of that ever really matters is Chaos Knight, Uphill misses(move up the hill lol), and evasion items(counterable with mkb) sooo wat.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Stop tryin' to defend a game you picked up like half a year ago lolol

we're not school yard bullies pickin' on yo best friend

Dekar173

Justice Man
In the case of mobas, it's FAR more players, therefore far more competition. Nothing else even compares to LoL atm.

It has to do with skillcaps being unattainable when games are too complex, and the fact that the more people there are the more likely you are to get closer to said skillcap.

The RNG of crits on people like Mortred are pretty annoying too, but that was years ago when I played so for all I know it could have been fixed by now.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Stop tryin' to defend a game you picked up like half a year ago lolol

we're not school yard bullies pickin' on yo best friend
I played Dota on wc3 since 06 or somewhere around there :/ lololol. I have a problem with false statements in any arena. If you tried to tell me Darius ruined competitive league I would give you **** too.

Leacero

Smash Lord
I think the biggest problem I have with dota is that half their skills are fun and half of them are unfun.

What fun is an ult that just gives you like 40 agility passively.

D

Deleted member

I think the biggest problem I have with dota is that half their skills are fun and half of them are unfun.

not everything can be tidehunter ult

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Bloodseeker and Doombringer ults are so lame from a casual perspective since you just slowly get drained for like 10 seconds and die. A lot of noobs I've played with don't really understand why they die when they do in DotA except from obvious things like oh I was getting shot by Drow. League is a lot more informative with seeing things flying at your face and causing you to die. It's small things like that which make it more "noob friendly" beyond just mechanical boundaries.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer

Well, personally I really enjoy that ult. You hit crazy hard, it's pretty enjoyable and opens drow up to the option of getting an early HotD that is crazy effective because of the huge burst increase in damage you get from your ult.

Although they also made it a bit more interesting and have a tad more synergy with her set pretty recently. It now gives 20/30/40 agility that gets doubled if there's not an enemy heroes within 400 range of you. And her aura has been changed to give, at max rank, 26% of your agility to ranged heroes on your team globally.

But again, I've always found it interesting as it opens her item path up to some choices that similar ranged carries can't get as smoothly.

In terms of hero RNG CK is indeed the most significant by far, and pretty much the only one it can be a big deal on. It's really only a large factor at low levels though, particularly when its a 1-4 stun. You can draft well enough though in DotA that he never gets a chance to throw a stun in early game.

The biggest RNG in both games that I'm always surprised everyone seems to be content with is crits though. Even with P-RNG you can get some really fortunate crits that just win fights.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'm not a DotA guy, but would I be correct in guessing Blood Seeker's ultra is functionally identical to HoN's Blood Hunter? (Bat dude)

Top Bottom