• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

L cancel, Sonic specific, video proof soon.

J4pu

Smash Champion
I'm thinking you can't do it period
gg

I used Sonic a little bit in the beginning. I still play around with him sometimes- using tactics that I believe would improve your sonics, but I can't ever talk seriously about anything in the Sonic boards. You guys don't care about getting better. You just spam away, making ridiculous threads about why Sonic is steak tier, and how much you love steak for some weird reason. I ask for advice about something and you say I'm no "friend"? What's that have to do with anything?

The Sonic forums are a joke- not in the sense that you're funny (you're really not anymore), but that you guys are so unproductive that it's pitiful, because sonic has all this untapped potential that's wasted away in steak threads. And quite frankly, it turned me away a LONG time ago. I don't feel sorry for you guys... not anymore at least.
At least the bread in the Falco boards died off after about a month, if that is what the sonic boards are like then they are indeed pitiful

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Awww.... this guy doesn't feel sorry for us placing well in tournaments with our Sonics. I'm sad now. Nevermind the fact that we just kinda enjoy ourselves because there's not much TO discover. Yeah, I can footstool combo to dsmash. Does it matter? Not really. Too much icing and not enough steak ruins Sonic, seriously. If you want actual help, just message people. The boards take too long.

Boxob, can you meet me on WFC? I wanna see what's down with this aerial cancelling stuff, good sir.

EDIT: j4pu, did you SERIOUSLY quote yourself? Wow, man.

Boxob

Smash Champion
Funny, last time I checked DanGR, the dedicated members of this forum **** with Sonic, albeit not as much as I do.

And I do give advice, advice that isn't already giving in IN THE STICKIES.

There's a lot of things that the smart players know, and we document all of it for new players to see. Outside of what is in the stickies, there is near zero information that can be given.

A joke? Wanna hear a joke? Read the fucking stickies, idiot.

Wait no, not a joke, don't be a scrub.

:093:

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Lol, placing well or not, our board doesn't even update the tourny results anymore, hahaha.
But I gotta say Izzy's right, too much icing+not enough steak=bad. :(
And screw falco and his bread.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Funny, last time I checked DanGR, the dedicated members of this forum **** with Sonic, albeit not as much as I do.

And I do give advice, advice that isn't already giving in IN THE STICKIES.

There's a lot of things that the smart players know, and we document all of it for new players to see. Outside of what is in the stickies, there is near zero information that can be given.

A joke? Wanna hear a joke? Read the fucking stickies, idiot.

Wait no, not a joke, don't be a scrub.

So you think you're so good? How well do you place? And with whom do you play?

The only thing I wanted to know was how to do the "tech" that's in this thread's OP. It's still relatively new to me, granted this isn't just another dumb steak advertisement.

Also, I already know about all your "techs" that are in the stickied threads. It's funny to see that you guys have just recently discovered "grinding" as you guys call it.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
So you think you're so good? How well do you place? And with whom do you play?

The only thing I wanted to know was how to do the "tech" that's in this thread's OP. It's still relatively new to me, assuming this isn't just another dumb steak advertisement.

Also, I already know about all your "techs" that are in the stickied threads. It's funny to see that you guys have just recently discovered "grinding" as you guys call it.
It wasn't recently discovered. Some of us new it since wayyyyy back, thanks to an old video by a guy called aftermath. It was just simply not so popular.

Also Dan, while I do understand your arguments, amidst all the foolishness, we actually do get quite a bit done. Thing is, we got most of the stuff done early on. We kinda need that joking around to even stay in the Sonic boards. Look at the snake boards, theyre virtually dead. And we've actually been making pretty good progress recently, as community. We really don't have so many experienced players to help us through; most of us are just fan boys or strong fans of Sonic games that have sticked around only because we love the character. In that sense, we are more dedicated than most boards.

Right now the Sonic boards are in a stage of simply trying to be better smashers, so there isn't that much "useful" to post on the boards. I do think we get kinda rude at times, removing potential contributors, but thats usually a side effect of many here being tired of new players posting stuff thats been discovered and discussed 1282892 times.

Sorry if we came off as rude though, although I can't speak for everyone.

Boxob

Smash Champion
]So you think you're so good?
Yes.

How well do you place? And with whom do you play?
I haven't done any Brawl tourneys, I MM though, haven't lost yet. Sonic, was that a serious question? When I did to tourneys, I always placed well. I don't bother to sit around for hours to play three match sets of a game that I generally get bored of in about two matches.

The only thing I wanted to know was how to do the "tech" that's in this thread's OP.
Maybe you should read the first post.

It's still relatively new to me, granted this isn't just another dumb steak advertisement.
If this had to do with Steak, I would have talked about Steak, don't be such a fag about it, it just makes you really annoying.

Yeah? Just recently? Show me where it said that was a recent discovery, dip shit.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
lol

and Dan here wonders why the vets here give him the good ol' gtfo.

i wish i had wifi... i really wanna see this "l-cancel"... if it really exists.

Boxob

Smash Champion
lol

and Dan here wonders why the vets here give him the good ol' gtfo.

i wish i had wifi... i really wanna see this "l-cancel"... if it really exists.
Eventually I'll get Dnes or someone to upload it. I got excited when Cat said he could record but he's too much of a scrub to get it to work.

Nibbles 2

Smash Apprentice
So, back to the reason this thread was made, does this Sonic-specific L-cancel actually work or not? Any vids someone can send me showing it in action, cause I'm not really visualising how it's supposed to happen.

Boxob

Smash Champion
So, back to the reason this thread was made, does this Sonic-specific L-cancel actually work or not? Any vids someone can send me showing it in action, cause I'm not really visualising how it's supposed to happen.
When you use Fair, you look like a fish when you land.

When you Box Cancel a fair, you don't look like a fish, you jump out of the water.

Wiser words have never been spoken.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I used Sonic a little bit in the beginning. I still play around with him sometimes- using tactics that I believe would improve your sonics, but I can't ever talk seriously about anything in the Sonic boards. You guys don't care about getting better. You just spam away, making ridiculous threads about why Sonic is steak tier, and how much you love steak for some weird reason. I ask for advice about something and you say I'm no "friend"? What's that have to do with anything?

The Sonic forums are a joke- not in the sense that you're funny (you're really not anymore), but that you guys are so unproductive that it's pitiful, because sonic has all this untapped potential that's wasted away in steak threads. And quite frankly, it turned me away a LONG time ago. I don't feel sorry for you guys... not anymore at least.
If you believe you have tactics that we don't know about go ahead and post them. We've taken this thread seriously for the most part as well as the matchup thread. If I go to the Olimar boards and make a thread on how the Blue Pikmin has an AWESOME bthrow are you guys going to say, Yeah that's obvious or hold AN ENTIRE CONVERSATION on basic knowledge to entertain me? We just grew tired of hearing how Sonic can outrun the cars on Big Blue. We keep all of our information WELL documented and take new USEFUL topics seriously.

Yeah. We spam a lot which we really SHOULDN'T do but at least we have some degree of FUN. Continue to make posts like you're attending a god**** seminar. We'll continue to play, learn and make posts about helpful techniques and have FUN like a NORMAL community.

STEAK

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
That and EVERY person who doesn't main Sonic is largely bias against him. Y'know, after like half a year of having to refute people's stupid ignorant ****ing bull**** I can't take these god **** forums seriously any more.
Seriously, like every few days someone will just flat out tell me that Sonic's light, or that he can't kill til over 170%, and it makes me want to neuter them.
With my teeth.

You just give up. Even when we were serious no one listened to us.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
DanGR let me sum this up for you.

No one likes you now go away and never post here again. Ever.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I respect DanGR.
Well, did, until he came in calling us pathetic and unproductive then we've got a hell of a lot more work done then most character forums.
There are PLENTY of threads with no steak inclusion, try reading them, you may learn something.

And I can't work out whether this is serious or not. I've been doing this for MONTHS, if it is what I think this is :\

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
its funny how everything DanGR could possibly think would improve our games has probably been covered in not even the stickeys but the 3000 is the best sonic thread, alot of the times the steak is spam, and alot of the time we do pointless stupid crap.
but alot of the time we turn that pointless stupid crap into stuff thats really good for us,
too much icing, not enough steak.
that is taking a stupid meme, and making it productive. we do that sometimes, so stop trying to overgeneralise.
i get the feeling you are going to say something stupid like, tilt more, or walk, or stop spindashing from across the field. and thats when we get angry
but if you think you have something that wasnt already covered in the stickeys or the learn to player thread, than we are all ears

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Whether you guys accept this or not, here it is.

I apologize for being rude.

That is all.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I can't speak on behalf of everyone.
However.
Apology accepted.
It's just not the smartest thing to come into a character specific board and say that they're all pathetic and unproductive, it was never going to end well xD
<3
*offers hugz*

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Lol, so... Boxob, im moving to my new apartment as of right now... if i can boost someone's wifi signal, care to show me tonight/tomorrow>

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
DanGR let me sum this up for you.

No one likes you now go away and never post here again. Ever.
oy oy oy don't disrespect Dangr in such a mean way.

yes Dangr did get off on the wrong foot but honestly can you blame him?

Why should we treat people in a silly manner if they are trying to be serious.
Sometimes its warranted (WOMG SONIC RUNS BIG BLUE SOOOO FAST) but at times we shouldn't automatically bring out the steak.

Just sit back see what they say.

Granted some of what he said was offensive but I highly doubt he intended it in such a manner. He just went on what he has been seeing recently and honestly, I would think the same.

He isn't out to spite anyone so forgive and forget.
Sheesh.

God**** tier whores.Always owning everyone with a steak tier character.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Eventually I'll get Dnes or someone to upload it. I got excited when Cat said he could record but he's too much of a scrub to get it to work.

Argh! My video equipment is back at college. I went home this weekend so yeah.... I can't help you guys out until early next week. We can at least play on the wii I'm on and I can send the replay to my wii at school and record right away when I get back.

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
I know a few people that could upload a replay for me.. I still don't believe this at all, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
It's hard to believe for a few reasons:

1) If it exists, it is actually something that is useful. Wtf?
2) Something useful on the Sonic boards. Don't get me wrong, I love me sum Tenki, but whut?
3) Boxob discovered it.

Let me reiterate the oddest part of all of that:

Boxob discovered something useful.

Wait, what?

So yeah, really hard to believe. It's like if I ever gave you guys a technique that WASN'T common sense.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
It's hard to believe for a few reasons:

1) If it exists, it is actually something that is useful. Wtf?
2) Something useful on the Sonic boards. Don't get me wrong, I love me sum Tenki, but whut?
3) Boxob discovered it.

Let me reiterate the oddest part of all of that:

Boxob discovered something useful.

Wait, what?

So yeah, really hard to believe. It's like if I ever gave you guys a technique that WASN'T common sense.
I know it's hard to believe BOXOB discovered something USEFULL, but Cat said that it actually worked and worked well for stringing together attacks more fluently. Or as he puts it making Sonic jump out of the water instead of flopping around. Cat's just too much of a bum to get the videos uploaded a really nice person.

Top Bottom