• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

L cancel, Sonic specific, video proof soon.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Lol yes. The reason I didn't upload anything is because its just VSDJ strings basically, the Infinite Spin Jump. It does not, actually cancel attack lag, as was previously thought. Its what dNES said, thats it. It is however apparently useful for string techniques and negating fastfall lag.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Lol yes. The reason I didn't upload anything is because its just VSDJ strings basically, the Infinite Spin Jump.
And it's not even infinite; you can't SD or SC out of a SDJ, sadly, so you have to wait until the SDJ ends before you can start charging another SD. And if you fastfall the SDJ then you can't even string it, because you hit the ground too soon to charge another :/

Ah well. This thread got me to practice with VSDJ a bunch, so now I'm trying to incorporate it into my game more :) I'm starting to like SDJ/VSDJ as a way to actually hit people, and not for movement and aerial setups. At mid percents the SDJ can prop them beside you for a perfect Bair/Fair setup... getting that extra 7 damage is kinda nice.

It is however apparently useful for string techniques and negating fastfall lag.
Does fastfall lag really exist? You can attack out of it, right? :confused: besides, side-B has startup lag :/

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Lol yes. The reason I didn't upload anything is because its just VSDJ strings basically, the Infinite Spin Jump. It does not, actually cancel attack lag, as was previously thought. Its what dNES said, thats it. It is however apparently useful for string techniques and negating fastfall lag.
Yeah that's what I was talking about before Boxob let me in on the joke. It is pretty useful.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
So...where's da vids guize?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
With the AT. :psycho: they don't exist...
I know the L cancel, but there was still the discovery of the side-B attack stringing. Dnes said you could basically hop around in a ball forever...

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
so after all is said and done, aside from making people use VSDJ more, this thread was a waste of time? didn't see that comin...

R4ZE

Smash Ace
Actually, you can't cancel HA's landing lag; neither of up-B or side-B work. You just have to start the HA high enough that Sonic will land on his feet, or low enough that you bounce off the stage.
no but... when u end HA near the ground, if u spam up-b, u can actually execute it before u land, which is better because if u land, sonic lands on all fours and takes like ages to get up.. terrible lag.. (this uaully heppens when a grounded opponent spot dodges or dodge rolls an HA)

i up-b out of that delay all the time. i just wonder if side b would cancel it too.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure R4ZE is talking about bouncing from HA. If you get the "lol pulled" and it finishes slightly above ground, you're still gonna get screwed by landing lag.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Lol, well R4ZE did phrase(hah) that he could cancel the lag before you landed. Which if true would definately be useful when it comes to using HA on stage.

And infzy, your a genius! Everyone understands the language of steak!

Steaky cheezy philly steakemon.

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
Aaww....

I do not hope that this Spindash Cancel will make Sonic high tier, because then I might be a high tierqueer.
(With two high tiers as mains.... :-( )

Tenki

Smash Hero
That's silly.

You and Sonicfanboy580.

doing a vertical spindash jump [aka "VSDJ" the one with attack aura] out of side-B's charge has long been known, but for the most part, just like alot of the tricks you can do with Sonic, noone's really found much use for them.

besides, ASC got more "OMG THIS SHOULD BUMP SONIC UP A TIER!" than VSDJ lol.

I guess it might have.

Instead of being the sole character in bottom tier, Sonic made it to low tier.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
Lol, well R4ZE did phrase(hah) that he could cancel the lag before you landed. Which if true would definately be useful when it comes to using HA on stage.

And infzy, your a genius! Everyone understands the language of steak!

Steaky cheezy philly steakemon.
it may depend on the opponent that sonic is trying to hit or somthing..
let me try one more time

Scenario:
-Sonic executes HA,
-opponent dodge rolls at appropiate time.
-HA ends with sonic slightly above the ground and begins to fall (or sonic bounces off the ground, and back up slightly and begins to fall)
-(normally here is where a sonic would hit the ground, land on all fours, for some EPICCCCC delay)
- spam up-b, instead of hitting the ground, obviously sonic springs upward..

(clearly... sonic still gets some delay from this, but if a punish attempt is made, it is usually met with a 4% spring)

Tenki

Smash Hero
let me try one more time

Scenario:
-Sonic executes HA,
-HA ends with sonic slightly above the ground and begins to fall (or sonic bounces off the ground, and back up slightly and begins to fall)
-(normally here is where a sonic would hit the ground, land on all fours, for some EPICCCCC delay)

(clearly... sonic still gets some delay from this, but if a punish attempt is made, it is usually met with a 4% spring)
o shi- really?

Tenki

Smash Hero
let me try one more time

Scenario:
-Sonic executes HA,

Has anyone tried this yet?

Keep in mind that if you bounce off the ground, you can move around the time you get to the apex (highest point) of the bounce. And if you're too high off the ground, you'll also recover before he lands.

Umby

Smash Master
That's silly.

You and Sonicfanboy580.

doing a vertical spindash jump [aka "VSDJ" the one with attack aura] out of side-B's charge has long been known, but for the most part, just like alot of the tricks you can do with Sonic, noone's really found much use for them.

I guess it might have.

VSDJ is definitely edgeguarding top tier.

Tenki

Smash Hero
riri?

D; I always imagine myself getting attacked out of it by a Marth F-air.

as much as I hate this move, I think U-smash might work better.

Tenki

Smash Hero
1) I got hit out of VSDJ.

2) I tried the homing attack lag cancel.
Failed.

It only works if you're too high, or if you bounce first.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
That's silly.

You and Sonicfanboy580.

I guess it might have.

Did why did you call Sonicfanboy580? was it a typo?

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Hey Tenki I think I know how to do the VSDJ is it the one where you are high and you do a spin dash where it lets you jump a little bit if it is I think I mastered that technique because I use it for practice everytime.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
KASR made an alt account

you from this point on being called either KASR.2 or SFBX

also you suck stop trying i hate you blah blah gtfo
Sheesh whats with your attiude? and it's not suppose to be a offense to you just wondering why you're talking to me like that.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
Sheesh whats with your attiude? and it's not suppose to be a offense to you just wondering why you're talking to me like that.
swf is having a huge burst of dyslexic people with down syndrome join apparently.

FanBoyX, go wait in line for unleashed or something

aeghrur

Smash Champion
swf is having a huge burst of dyslexic people with down syndrome join apparently.

FanBoyX, go wait in line for unleashed or something
Lmao, hilarious.

Still, I don't understand how VSDJ can be so much greater than regular jump+aerials. =/

Top Bottom