• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

L cancel, Sonic specific, video proof soon.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
How about the long amount of time its out? The poor knockback? The lack of versatility and abysmal start up time?

>_>
What about the invince frames? The long slide from DAC? The possible meteor resulting from it? Dx It can be quite versatile when needed.

Tenki

Smash Hero
its invincibility frames aren't trustworthy in my experience, and the long slide is nice, but you're sliding in STARTUP LAG, whereas people like Snake and Sheik have U-smashes with hitboxes that start almost immediately. The meteor is placement and % dependent.

Also, the reason why VSDJ can be better than normal jump+ aerial is that at some%s, you can combo into other aerials, like B-air. If your opponent airdodges, then you're still free to use an aerial. If you see your opponent starting a laggy aerial, you can still airdodge.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
its invincibility frames aren't trustworthy in my experience, and the long slide is nice, but you're sliding in STARTUP LAG, whereas people like Snake and Sheik have U-smashes with hitboxes that start almost immediately. The meteor is placement and % dependent.

Also, the reason why VSDJ can be better than normal jump+ aerial is that at some%s, you can combo into other aerials, like B-air. If your opponent airdodges, then you're still free to use an aerial. If you see your opponent starting a laggy aerial, you can still airdodge.
Ah, I see. Thanks tenki. :D

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
i've been doing it.

i want something as a reference for people coming in here though.

i could do it myself, but i don't have anything to capture video to though, i have my dazzle but i don't have my PC to use it with. it isnt for my benefit, its for the steak

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
What about the invince frames? The long slide from DAC? The possible meteor resulting from it? Dx It can be quite versatile when needed.
you're sliding before your attack box is out.
By the time it is out you already ahve lost most of your distance traveled.
The meteor results happen only at certain percentages so its not worth it considering the situation required.
invincibility frames are out for a short time and is not reliable.

It sucks.

Top Bottom