• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

L cancel, Sonic specific, video proof soon.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Alright so it's not as small as I said. But that was after like 5 minutes of experimenting.

It's actually pretty easy. Your window of time is a bit more than the window for the spinshot.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
super wavedash was 3, if my memory serves me right.

i can only waveshine on link in a match, but training mode all day

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Alright so it's not as small as I said. But that was after like 5 minutes of experimenting.

It's actually pretty easy. Your window of time is a bit more than the window for the spinshot.
That alone is reassuring, considering how easy it is to spinshot.

I was able to Waveshine and Super Wavedash consistently back in Melee.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I kinda broke my arm near the wrist so I can't use my fingers fast enough in my right hand because my motory skills in it are all shot up and buggery, so I couldn't consistantly do AT's in melee :\
Is this that hard to pull off?

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Before Brawl came I mained Falco. Wavedashing/waveshining were second nature to me.
But Brawl and Sonic came and fucked it up for me. I can still wavedash, but barely with Falco. Waveshining with Fox is easy, but I can't do it with Falco any more. lol I main Marth now.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
I the mean while, to anyone who can do it videos would be nice. If you can that is.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
God, something possibly ground breaking is discovered and I don't have my Wii with me.
Godd*mnit.
(Pheonix Dark, are you going to Final Smash '08?)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Could someone please explain how to do this without using Sonic specific terms? I'm interested.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Yup :D

10 yups
Rock on dude! I'll see ya there!

@Cat and Phoenix: Get some sexy footage.

Is it just me or does DanGR secretley wish he mained Sonic? He's fascinated by our steak and L-Cancelling.

So is Hylian. :p

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
That's not what I was thinking of :( That's just using it out of an attack after it's already over.

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
If it's what thecatinthehat was doing, it really doesn't need a video uploaded for it. Just jump, and do an aerial. When you're about to touch the ground, spin dash, then jump cancel it. What I thought was found was a way to actually cancel the lag on aerials. Like the goldeen flop state Sonic goes into in shff fairs.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
If it's what thecatinthehat was doing, it really doesn't need a video uploaded for it. Just jump, and do an aerial. When you're about to touch the ground, spin dash, then jump cancel it. What I thought was found was a way to actually cancel the lag on aerials. Like the goldeen flop state Sonic goes into in shff fairs.
Yeah that's what I thought too. But I highly doubt there's a way to do that.
The closest thing to actually canceling the lag is to do an aerial over a grounded spring.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Am I to assume that Boxob was indeed fibbing?

If what you described what cat did, then I was doing it earlier today. In the end, I found it useless in high-level play.

This better be good Boxob, it's not everyday that someone finds a way to cancel all aerial lag.

Boxob

Smash Champion
Just got home.

What I am talking about cancels all lag, Fair, uair, everything that isn't Dair (yet).

I'll be online to show someone in like 10 minutes.

:093:

Top Bottom