• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kingdom Hearts [SPOILERS]

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
:flame:
I wasn't trying to insult you... and I never said I was perfect... only God, or whatever Deity any person chooses to worship, is perfect. I just wanted to know what you said, is all.

Oh, I didn't know. I thought you were upset because of what I typed.

Well, to be honest I never said. That you said, you were perfect. I was referring to myself.

Now as to what I said... Sometimes if you can re-read carefully what I said. My words would probably be more clear, but if it's really that confusing. I was talking about the boss fights with another person.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Oh, I didn't know. I thought you were upset because of what I typed.

Well, to be honest I never said. That you said, you were perfect. I was referring to myself.

Now as to what I said... Sometimes if you can re-read carefully what I said. My words would probably be more clear, but if it's really that confusing. I was talking about the boss fights with another person.
Your grammer is very odd. Is English your second language?

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I'd agree, but I think there's a simple trick for beating her.

Stand as far back as possible and spam magic?
It definately helps to stay back whenever possible but magic does so little damage on KH that you usually need to get close if you want to end a fight quickly.

The Aero, Tink combination is good when it's possible to use it but I remember some of these fights being so hard. Maleficents dragon form ***** me a few times before I could beat her.

All this talk about KH makes me want to play it again...

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
It definately helps to stay back whenever possible but magic does so little damage on KH that you usually need to get close if you want to end a fight quickly.

The Aero, Tink combination is good when it's possible to use it but I remember some of these fights being so hard. Maleficents dragon form ***** me a few times before I could beat her.

All this talk about KH makes me want to play it again...
Whale Stomache.

There, now your cured.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I didn't mind that level. There was very little about KH that I didn't like. It's KH2 that I'm not so fond of.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I didn't mind that level. There was very little about KH that I didn't like. It's KH2 that I'm not so fond of.
I hear ya. Except for Critial Mode on Final Mix +, it's just too easy for my tastes. Still fun, but not quite as good, since it's not quite as challenging.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I have noticed in KH1 that the sub-boss in End of the World(The grey dude with wings, or the other battle you do whielst gliding/flying) is never recorded in your journal, why? I hav always wondered.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
I have noticed in KH1 that the sub-boss in End of the World(The grey dude with wings, or the other battle you do whielst gliding/flying) is never recorded in your journal, why? I hav always wondered.
They were last min additions and they probably just didn't update the journal. Not many people know about this but actually the whole last part of the game was added within the final months of production. The game was going to originally end after beating maleficent. Ansem and everything else was added late in production.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
They were last min additions and they probably just didn't update the journal. Not many people know about this but actually the whole last part of the game was added within the final months of production. The game was going to originally end after beating maleficent. Ansem and everything else was added late in production.
That explains Chernabog, but what about Glut? The accursed Little Mermaid section was in way early, but he never had an entry in the game, despite having a cutscene and a boss fight. And before anyone says it's because it was optional, did Sephiroth, Kurt Iza, and Phantom have entries. I remember them having them, yes, but I might be wrong.

Who do you guys think has the best music in any of the currently playable Kingdom Hearts games? I know I'm biased, but my vote would have to go to "Rage Awakened"-Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix +. I love both of the main themes and remixes of the console games as well, too ("Simple and Clean"-Kingdom Hearts 1/"Sanctuary"-Kingdom Hearts 2). If I had to pick something besides those 3, I'd go with "Tension Rising"-Kingdom Hearts 2, and "The Encounter"-Kingdom Hearts 2. I seem to love KH2's fighting music.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Simple And Clean is magical. I definitely think that song helped me fall in love with Kingdom Hearts. Sanctuary is almost as good.

Other than the theme songs, Dearly Beloved is definitely my favorite tune (specifically the one from the first game).

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Simple And Clean is magical. I definitely think that song helped me fall in love with Kingdom Hearts. Sanctuary is almost as good.

Other than the theme songs, Dearly Beloved is definitely my favorite tune (specifically the one from the first game).

I'm sorry, dude, but what the hell happened to your face?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
There's a mask on it. Don't worry, the skin didn't come off.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Don't be scurred.

As far as battle music goes, I've always kind of dug Night of Fate. All the music is really appropriate for where it is in the games though.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I'm partial to the Org XIII theme song. Specifically the one featured in dramatica. When the tempo slows and the picks up again... I want to listen to it now. Simple and Clean is of course amazing. The instrumental versions for simple and clean and sanctuary are great as well.

Dearly Beloved gives me chills. I can remember beating the game when I was younger and just listening to it for a few minutes when I reached the ending screen. Aside from that I really like the ending songs, march caprice and whatever the music from KH2 is called. I like that in KH2 it's basically a medley of some of the best songs.

Really, there's a lot of good music in the KH series.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
New Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days trailer has come out! Discuss.

Also, if they decided to make a Kingdom Hearts Fighting Game Spin Off (which I hope they are considering), everyone needs to be able to "Jump", use "Basic Spells", perform "Special Movements", and of course "Attack". I wonder who this would have removed from my earlier list of characters.

I've actually dreamed about a fighting game for quite a while now.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Sorry for double posting, but this song is so awesome it deserves it's own post. I love most all of the Kingdom Hearts Songs, and quite a few of them I'd kill to hear in a Kingdom Hearts Styled/Themed/Type Battle Game, but

"Fate of the Unknown-Birth by Sleep"

is a REQUIREMENT for the game. Oh my "gawrsh" it's the best song ever.

And something about the other videos makes me question Master Xehanort's role as a villain. The Hidden KH2 Video makes it seem concrete, but there's definitely something interesting going down there....

Roxas215

Smash Lord
So i just finished 358/2 days. I must say the game is excellent. The gameplay is very true to the kh series. All 14 members play differently and have attributes and stats that fits with who they are and what they can do. The story starts out slow but QUICKLY builds up and the ending is truly one of the best endings i ever seen in a video game. Truly this ending is better then any of the other kh's ending and is probably the sickest thing nomura has ever done. Without spoiling it can say this game adds alot of depth into the overall kh story, It explains why roxas left,Who xion is.How truly smart xemnas is,And it also adds hints to birth by sleep. I truly can't wait til the English version of this comes out!

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
So i just finished 358/2 days. I must say the game is excellent. The gameplay is very true to the kh series. All 14 members play differently and have attributes and stats that fits with who they are and what they can do. The story starts out slow but QUICKLY builds up and the ending is truly one of the best endings i ever seen in a video game. Truly this ending is better then any of the other kh's ending and is probably the sickest thing nomura has ever done. Without spoiling it can say this game adds alot of depth into the overall kh story, It explains why roxas left,Who xion is.How truly smart xemnas is,And it also adds hints to birth by sleep. I truly can't wait til the English version of this comes out!
I hate you so much.... I so want to play it! ;.; But I've heard about nearly everything that happens, and I agree with you completely.... Heck, I feel better inside knowing that so many of my questions (Some that I didn't even know I had, like how Roxas gained the ability to Dual Wield KeyBlades) were answered for me. It really does fill in a heck of a lot of holes, and I like the story for it. I'll have to wait until it comes to America before I get to officially play it. We have to be careful not to spoil anything though...

Roxas215

Smash Lord
I hate you so much.... I so want to play it! ;.; But I've heard about nearly everything that happens, and I agree with you completely.... Heck, I feel better inside knowing that so many of my questions (Some that I didn't even know I had, like how Roxas gained the ability to Dual Wield KeyBlades) were answered for me. It really does fill in a heck of a lot of holes, and I like the story for it. I'll have to wait until it comes to America before I get to officially play it. We have to be careful not to spoil anything though...
Yea i wasn't even thinking about how roxas got obilivion/oathkeeper and was so surprised when i found out. Like i said the ending of this game is SO GOOD!!!!!!!!

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Yea i wasn't even thinking about how roxas got obilivion/oathkeeper and was so surprised when i found out. Like i said the ending of this game is SO GOOD!!!!!!!!
This game rocks in general. It is everything we needed and more. Plus, playing as Axel and Xigbar looks awesome sauce... That dude who was ranting about hand-held games not being important will probabl forever crap himself for being so stubborn as to miss out on this game. I honestly feel bad for anyone who does. This game kicks freaking butt.

I am a little sad that the Limit Breaks don't seem too much like the techniques they fight us with... WHY ARE BOSSES SO UNDERPOWERED WHEN YOU USE THEM BUT SO RIGGED WHEN YOU FIGHT THEM!?!

And also, why is Riku such a weakling?
Xion
is the true Final Boss.. Riku is just there for the story.... He should have just been a cutscene...

or maybe we should have like an RE:358/2 Days where we get to see what Riku is doing through-out these missions and get to fight Roxas at the end! That would be sweat...

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Hey, now that we have seen all of the Nobodies within the Orgonization, who is your favorite? I gotta say, Xigbar = Awesomesauce. I feel he was too easy to take down, though. He should have appeared a little more, and that he was a little harder to fight...

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Hey, now that we have seen all of the Nobodies within the Orgonization, who is your favorite? I gotta say, Xigbar = Awesomesauce. I feel he was too easy to take down, though. He should have appeared a little more, and that he was a little harder to fight...
In terms of design and personalty i like larxene,marluxia,and demyx the best. Larxene is my fav though. She is such a ***** and i love her for that. lol. She pimp slapped namine to the ground and just broke out laughing right in front of sora(in which sora's feelings for namine was that of kairi's at that time which makes it even more badass on larxene's part) Plus if you ever fought her in kh2fm you would see just how fast she really is.

Marluxia has the best weapon hands down. And even with pink hair he is still badass and thats saying something

I also like demyx because of how he hates fighting and all he wants to do is just kick back and play his sitar. He is like the normal every day kid in the org.

I dont really like xigbar as a char but he is getting to be very important in the overall story and it seems he(well braig) will have a important part in bbs.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
In terms of design and personalty i like larxene,marluxia,and demyx the best. Larxene is my fav though. She is such a ***** and i love her for that. lol. She pimp slapped namine to the ground and just broke out laughing right in front of sora(in which sora's feelings for namine was that of kairi's at that time which makes it even more badass on larxene's part) Plus if you ever fought her in kh2fm you would see just how fast she really is.

Marluxia has the best weapon hands down. And even with pink hair he is still badass and thats saying something

I also like demyx because of how he hates fighting and all he wants to do is just kick back and play his sitar. He is like the normal every day kid in the org.

I dont really like xigbar as a char but he is getting to be very important in the overall story and it seems he(well braig) will have a important part in bbs.
Larxene is the only Female in the Orgonization, not to mention the only Female Nobody in existance (that we know of). She is a heartless little ...witch..., isn't she? It's suited that she be given blond hair (go into your local highschool. The meanest girls are all Blond).

Scythe's are always awesome. The Grim Reaper's Scythe. Ryu Hayabusa and the Eclipse Scythe. And now, Marluxia and his... frilly flower scythe (which still is cool). Marluxia was suppost to be a girl, though. Why they made him a guy, I don't know.

Demyx feels like he has more potential. Summoning Aquatic Nobodies and running around making collums of water.. I think he could have done better than that. Like most musicians, he is quite lazy. DUDE, SOMEONE NEEDS TO MAKE A CARTOON OF HIM PLAYING ROCK BAND AGAINST SORA! THAT WOULD BE HILAIOUS!

And yeah, I expect Xigbar (kinda...) to be kick butt in Birth by Sleep. I have such high hopes for that game now, especially after watching videos of Terra kicking butt, I'm going to work my butt off until I can get another PSP (my brother sold the first one. *******), and I'm going to pre-order it.

And I'd kill to be able to use Xigbar's abilities. Being able to float arond, shooting and warping the shots through time and space.... THAT WOULD BE SO FRIGGING AWESOME!

On a random note, I hope Stitch gets to be in Birth by Sleep, even as an Assist Trophy. I also wish that Kung-Fu Panda was a Disney Movie, so that Po could be a playable ally. Wouldn't that be awesome as heck. Skadosh.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
After reading all the interviews and watching the subbed vids of the cut scenes i have an even better understanding on the core plot of the game and it's so crazy how smart xemnas was

Days spoilers(MAJOR SPOILERS)

Xion's purpose was to act as Sora's replacement, one that Xemnas could control. Xemnas had Vexen create a replica of Sora with the data that he himself obtained from Sora in Final Mix. The data that Xemnas procured was linked with Sora's memories, so Vexen tied that into the clone, making the clone take the shape of Sora's most prominent memory - Kairi. Eventually, Xion was supposed to make the transition from only a fragment of Sora's memory into the entirety of it, transforming into a direct clone of Sora. Afterwards, since she is basically just a clone of Sora, she was supposed to take Roxas in and become a "complete being", not just a clone. This way, Roxas and Xion would form together to make a second Sora which Xemnas would be able to use to create his Kingdom Hearts, while the real Sora remains asleep in his pod with no way to escape, because Roxas would no longer be around to form back together with him.

That is so amazing. Also it seems that xion is the reason riku went to fight roxas. Riku was actually saving roxas's life(and sora's as well) After xion died roxas was going to fight xemnas head on. Surely xemnas would of killed roxas which in turn would of made it impossible for sora to wake up. This is why riku had to stop roxas himself and bring him back to DiZ and Namine.

I also found why riku was so shocked at roxas weiliding the keyblade 1st time he met him. He didn't know sora had a nobody or rather didn't want to admit it because he knew it was his fault. The 2nd time he met roxas he said "What's wrong sora are u done already, Pretty pathetic." And roxas responds the same way sora did in kh1. Right here is when riku understood that sora indeed had a nobody and he knew he had to trust DiZ. He knew he had to capture roxas in order for sora to wake up and understood the only way to do this was to accept the darkness inside him. It's crazy that this one video from back in 06 had some much meaning to it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBvgE6q1Yto

The entire plot of kingdom hearts is surely confusing if u only play a game or 2 hear and there but when u play all the games you understand all the little secrets of it. Kingdom hearts truly has one of the best storylines ever.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Wow this topic is older than my account.

Can't wait for Days to hit the US. I'm buying a DS from a friend just for it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I've been putting off 358/2 Days lately. I need to finish the game.
I think I'm on Day 152 or so. Paying that much for the game was worth it.

Darkslash

Smash Master
So I finished my preorder of 358/2 Days and I can say the Square Tax is in full effect.

But if any thing, I can't wait for this game. Every one is saying it plays like the console versions. Well here's to the 29th of September.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So I finished my preorder of 358/2 Days and I can say the Square Tax is in full effect.

But if any thing, I can't wait for this game. Every one is saying it plays like the console versions. Well here's to the 29th of September.
Yeah, it does play like the console versions.
Oh, and I did finish 358/2 over a month ago if anyone was wondering. I love the ending.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Philly, it's about time you got caught up with the rest of us. :p I wonder what would have happened if Riku could convinced Roxas to simply join with Sora while Namine was preparing things, so that Roxas didn't fight against it and there was less hatred and crap. Maybe Ansem could have lived, and Riku could have ran around without Xehanort's Body.... but Riku didn't know, and Roxas did fight, and Ansem died, and Riku got Heartless'ed..... wait... Riku almost did lose himself to the Darkness. He never lost his Heart, but it was even Possessed by Xehanort.... what would a Heartless like Riku's had been like? That would have been cool...

Hey guys, I know 358/2 Days will be coming out soon, but I was wondering...

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY MORE INFORMATION ON BIRTH BY SLEEP!?! IT ALREADY LOOKS SO FREAKING AWESOME! AWESOME!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I don't think anything new or big has been revealed for BBS.
As with 358/2 Days, I'll probably be importing BBS when it hits in Japan. Can't wait, the game looks sweet.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I don't think anything new or big has been revealed for BBS.
As with 358/2 Days, I'll probably be importing BBS when it hits in Japan. Can't wait, the game looks sweet.
WRONG SIR! One thing that I've learned is that STITCH MADE IT IN! JUMBA AND GANTU AND ANOTHER ONE OF THE EXPERIMENTS ALL MADE IT IN! THERE'S EVEN THEIR OWN WORLD, "Deep Space"! HOLY CRAP! Also, I think the Unbirths have been given another name, although I don't really know about that much... can anyone confirm? And is their anything else? This is all I know, and I WANT TO KNOW MORE!

Also, who thinks Terra is going to be like Riku? He doesn't seem like he's stupid enough to fall for Xehanort's tricks, yet he *could* have an Anti form (glowing Yellow Eyes in times of tension (see Birth by Sleep Videos) are a sign of this), so he definitely did something bad. And I don't think that Master Xehanort is going to be a complete villain. Plot-twists like this are to be expected. :p

Edit:**** THEM! MOCKING US ON THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE WITH JAPANESE GENERIC INFORMATION, NOT TELLING US A BLASTED THING! WHY DO WE HAVE TO BE LEFT IN THE DARK! **** IT!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm getting all of the new games when I have the money since I've beaten the previous 3. Is it just me of did Simba's world in KH2 seem really boring compared to the others?
It's not just you. The majority of the worlds in KH2 just sucked.
Hopefully the worlds in BBS will be much more interesting.

Corka Cola

Smash Rookie
They made you go back to Hercules for the 4 extra cups(excluding the mandatory Hades Cup), Sephiroth was way too hard, even at Lv. 55, in Hollow Bastian/Radiant Garden, Twilight Town just became a Nbody warehouse, Disney Castle was cool, but you only went there once, Little Mermaid and Pooh sucked, Pirates, Nightmare, and Aladdin were the best...

Minato

穏やかじゃない
They made you go back to Hercules for the 4 extra cups(excluding the mandatory Hades Cup), Sephiroth was way too hard, even at Lv. 55, in Hollow Bastian/Radiant Garden, Twilight Town just became a Nbody warehouse, Disney Castle was cool, but you only went there once, Little Mermaid and Pooh sucked, Pirates, Nightmare, and Aladdin were the best...
Sephiroth was easy to me. Way easier than KH1, IMO.
Beating him in Critical Mode on FM+ wasn't hard either. Guard is your friend.

Best worlds for me were Timeless River, Tron's World, and Mulan's World. That was a bout it for me. Everything else didn't have enough interaction I thought.

Top Bottom