• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kingdom Hearts [SPOILERS]

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Well if you not going to play any games until kh3 not only will u be missing a HUGE chunk of the plot seeing as how days will explain xion and bbs will explain the unbirths ven/roxas connection and xehanort's memories but you will also be waiting til around 2012 for the game. They have not begun work on kh3 yet and won't start work until ffvs13 is completed.

Also coded is important in it's own right as it's the 1st game to take place after kh2. Although i can't even seem why they would make a kh game for the cell phone. But im sure it's going to get ported to the psp as well seeing as how parasite eve 3 was also a cell phone game at 1st but later got ported to the psp.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Fair enough.

EDIT: I forgot that the final part of the Xemnas battle was a quick time event.

Why can't final bosses ever be hard enough in their own right anymore such that new gameplay doesn't need to be introduced to make them harder? I would love if I genuinely couldn't beat Xemnas only because I am not good enough at playing Kingdom Hearts, not because I'm not good enough at flying and pressing a button repeatedly.
:flame:
I disagree with you here. Not that I'm saying that the gameplay was a good thing, but more that being able to simply tap the button a couple hundred times (which was actually easier than other challenging buttonmashes like RE5 and Sheva) is a nice little break from trying not to get blasted by 50000 attacks. Rapidly pressing X (and in 2, Triangle) seems to be the way to play against even Final Bosses.

Terra, on the other hand, was one heck of a you-know-what to fight. The fact that he doesn't go down so easily, and that he attacks Sora because he wanted to know why Sora has the KeyBlade is what makes me believe that his, Aqua's, and Ven's Blades are definitely real. I mean, come on:HOW DOES SOMEONE WHO FIGHTS LIKE THIS
HTML:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBXIeyWUNsM&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fkingdomhearts%2Ewikia%2Ecom%2Fwiki%2FTerra&feature=player_embedded
POSSIBLY BE A FAKE, OR USING A FAKE!?!

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Well if you not going to play any games until kh3 not only will u be missing a HUGE chunk of the plot seeing as how days will explain xion and bbs will explain the unbirths ven/roxas connection and xehanort's memories but you will also be waiting til around 2012 for the game. They have not begun work on kh3 yet and won't start work until ffvs13 is completed.

Also coded is important in it's own right as it's the 1st game to take place after kh2. Although i can't even seem why they would make a kh game for the cell phone. But im sure it's going to get ported to the psp as well seeing as how parasite eve 3 was also a cell phone game at 1st but later got ported to the psp.
To be fair, I actually don't care about Xion or the unbirths or anything prior to KH2 anymore - that's all prequel information that I would gladly skip to get to the next part of the story I care about, provided KH3 stands alone better than KH2.

Likewise, if KH3 cannot be understood without all those other handheld iterations for background knowledge (or in other words, "stand alone"), then I'm never going to play another KH game, because it will no longer be fun. I'm just fed up with all the new prequels. Xemnas is dead. We don't need to know anything else about him until he comes back to life. We especially don't need to know anything about the organization, because there's no way that's coming back again. We don't need an explanation of Xion, unbirths, Roxas and Ven. We just need to get through all the plot ambiguities and non-linearity of this JRPG and never look back. (Not saying I don't like open stories, but rather, I dislike non-sequential stories - stories that don't start at the beginning, and then tell you lots of back story at a latter time.)

If they want to explain Unbirths though, fine. I'm for hearing all about them in KH3. But until then, I think I'll look forward to Versus, and simply will not care nor look for the next KH game. At least not until the series stops relying on the plot of other games in the series.

Incidently, after playing FF7, I decided that I don't like the battle system for that game. So if I can't understand FF versus 13 without Final Fantasy XIII, i won't be getting that game either. But from what I heard, that shouldn't be a problem. Versus sounds like the spiritual successor to KH, so it should be fun.

EDIT: @ D-Mon - Thanks for reminding me what I like so much about Kingdom Hearts. If only that were a solo adventure (No Donald, Goofy) with more HP but less cure, the gameplay would be prety much perfect. Although the combat could use a tiny bit of work - it doesn't seem like there is a way to avoid some of those attacks.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
You mean the Video of Terra the KeyBlade Master kicking butt and requiring Sora to go Final to defeat him? You should consider getting Birth By Sleep then, since YOU GET TO PLAY AS TERRA! And as for the whole Partners thing? Dude, just leave them for dead if you need to. Nothing wrong with being a Solo-Mercenary. (except when you want to go Bankai and the idiots die in the process -.-) Edit:And Sora's low hp was due to the game being on the highest difficulty, where you do double the damage but have like half the health. Cure is pretty much required at that point.

And there are more vidoes on Youtube of other people fighting the "Enigmatic Soldier". This is just one that I found that has Final Form (my favorite form because of the epicness of the KeyBlades floating behind you like Wings, and the coolness of the Heartless/Nobody Coloring), but there are others of people performing much better, including one using Limit Form Sora (who straight up destroys Terra at that point).

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
You mean the Video of Terra the KeyBlade Master kicking butt and requiring Sora to go Final to defeat him? You should consider getting Birth By Sleep then, since YOU GET TO PLAY AS TERRA! And as for the whole Partners thing? Dude, just leave them for dead if you need to. Nothing wrong with being a Solo-Mercenary. (except when you want to go Bankai and the idiots die in the process -.-) Edit:And Sora's low hp was due to the game being on the highest difficulty, where you do double the damage but have like half the health. Cure is pretty much required at that point.

And there are more vidoes on Youtube of other people fighting the "Enigmatic Soldier". This is just one that I found that has Final Form (my favorite form because of the epicness of the KeyBlades floating behind you like Wings, and the coolness of the Heartless/Nobody Coloring), but there are others of people performing much better, including one using Limit Form Sora (who straight up destroys Terra at that point).

Actually, I wasn't terribly impressed with final form, although it looks awesome.

I was much more impressed with the difficulty, while noticibly disappointed that Terra does so much damage that you need to do cure with every attack.

One of the biggest things I miss from KH1 was the ability to stay in block. My brother said I beat the original KH's Sephiroth, and while I don't remember ever winning (I might have, I took him on many times), I'm absolutely sure I used that ability to survive super-powerful Sephiroth attacks. I love how there was a safe, maintained block for a lot of attacks in the original (not all though, otherwise you would never leave block). However, this battle seemed to be a lot about hitting the cure button before you die, only because Sora got hit quite a lot.

I know why that block was removed, I mean, it was kind of cheap, but it was also an element that allowed you to take on significantly tougher opponents that yourself, with victory or defeat being based on a razors edge that you could count on working as long as you stopped attacking and hit the block button before getting slammed to oblivion.

I love how Kingdom Hearts can pown you still using it's own mechanics when so many games can't, and how bosses are genuinely intimidating and can kill you in an instant if you aren't careful. I just wish it's gameplay was a little more polished - not being able to look at a boss and where you are going while running away from certain attacks can sometimes be a problem.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
[COLOR="Yellow"POSSIBLY BE A FAKE, OR USING A FAKE!?![/COLOR]
Remember riku's soul eater? That was fake. In the days trailer at the 0.55 mark riku tells xion her keyblade is fake and then later says "that don't mean it's a bad thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V43sgUX_ZkA

Also in the tgs trailer for BBS at the 3.10 mark malificent tells aqua terra succumbs to the darkness in order to gain power. Usually when your heart is consumed by darkness your not qualified to weild the keyblade. This is why the keyblade switched from riku to sora in the 1st place. Of course we all know later on riku embraced the darkness within his heart and used it for good which allows him to wield the way to dawn keyblade. It would be a little cliched if the same thing happens to Terra although i wouldn't doubt it. It would keep intact the 3 trio's attributes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkmh8IWawd4

Just cause a keyblade is fake don't mean u can't whoop *** with it. lol

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Remember riku's soul eater? That was fake. In the days trailer riku tells xion her keyblade is fake and then later says "that don't mean it's a bad thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V43sgUX_ZkA

Also in the tgs trailer for BBS at the 3.10 mark malificent tells aqua terra's succumbs to the darkness in order to gain power. Usually when your heart is consumed by darkness your not qualified to weild the keyblade. This is why the keyblade switched from riku to sora in the 1st place. Of course we all know later on riku embraced the darkness within his heart and used it for good which allows him to wield the way to dawn keyblade. It would be a little cliched if the same thing happens to Terra although i wouldn't doubt it. It would keep intact the 3 trio's attributes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkmh8IWawd4

Just cause a keyblade is fake don't mean u can't whoop *** with it. lol
Who ever said the Soul Eater was a KeyBlade? The last thing I remember about it was that Maleficent created it from the Darkness within Riku. Doesn't exactly make it a KeyBlade, now does it? (although Riku did make the Way to Dawn from it). Then again, until the other games come out, I doubt we'll know about the Origins of the KeyBlade.

That is just a trailer (until the games come out), so the context of what is said, and the whole story behind it could litteraly be anything. Plus, if Xion's KeyBlade is fake, then why does it have a KeyChain, since you've stated that that seems to be what makes a KeyBlade real or fake.

And Maleficent could have been lying in the trailer for all we know. Again, until the games come out, exactly what is real and what is fake is hard to determine. All I'm saying is that there isn't much proving it fake, besides speculation, now is there?

Hey guys, now I feel like talking about superlatives. Who do you guys find is your favorite fighter in Kingdom Hearts? Like, if any specific person in Kingdom Hearts could be in a fighting game (which would be such an awesome idea for a Subseries-Kingdom Hearts Arena:Battles of the Heart), who would you be using? He'd be an ultra-hidden character, but the second I unlocked him, I'd be beasting with Terra, the Enigmatic Soldier, the Armored Youth, the Lingering Sentiment, and one heck of a KeyBladeMaster (with probably the best Battle-Theme ever!). But to start the game off, I'd definitely use Sora, or if they decide to give her a KeyBlade in another game and actually let her fight, Kairi.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Who ever said the Soul Eater was a KeyBlade? The last thing I remember about it was that Maleficent created it from the Darkness within Riku. Doesn't exactly make it a KeyBlade, now does it? (although Riku did make the Way to Dawn from it). Then again, until the other games come out, I doubt we'll know about the Origins of the KeyBlade.

That is just a trailer (until the games come out), so the context of what is said, and the whole story behind it could litteraly be anything. Plus, if Xion's KeyBlade is fake, then why does it have a KeyChain, since you've stated that that seems to be what makes a KeyBlade real or fake.

And Maleficent could have been lying in the trailer for all we know. Again, until the games come out, exactly what is real and what is fake is hard to determine. All I'm saying is that there isn't much proving it fake, besides speculation, now is there?

IMO xion's kingdom key has a keychain the same reason why Roxas's fake kingdom key also had a keychain. It just symbols the connection to sora.

Although u are right. It's just a trailer and the words could have a double meaning. Which is why i already stated all of these are just theories. Im just stating that there are more evidence for TAV keyblades being fake then they are real. Of course none of us will know for sure until the game comes out.

Hey guys, now I feel like talking about superlatives. Who do you guys find is your favorite fighter in Kingdom Hearts? Like, if any specific person in Kingdom Hearts could be in a fighting game (which would be such an awesome idea for a Subseries-Kingdom Hearts Arena:Battles of the Heart), who would you be using? He'd be an ultra-hidden character, but the second I unlocked him, I'd be beasting with Terra, the Enigmatic Soldier, the Armored Youth, the Lingering Sentiment, and one heck of a KeyBladeMaster (with probably the best Battle-Theme ever!). But to start the game off, I'd definitely use Sora, or if they decide to give her a KeyBlade in another game and actually let her fight, Kairi.
:flame:[/QUOTE]

I would love to have a "dissidia" type game for kingdom hearts chars. I was also a huge fan on larxene. The fact that she littarly pimp smacked a then 14 yr old namine to the ground and they just laughed at it just made me like her. Larxene is a true psycho. lol. Also if you played her boss battle in kingdom hearts 2 final mix you would see just how fast she is. If they could put that into a fighting game i would main larxene right off the back lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trwp7-tuBOk

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I actually don't get fighting games.

I mean, I get smash bros., but it took me a really long time to actually like the fact that it uses a percentage system. Now I like it better than the health system. However, I don't get why a person would play a game the requires them to precisely space a large number of control imputs rapidly. Especially a game around a single series, as one of the only reasons I was interested in even smash bros. was the large amount of fan service over multiple franchises.

Why would you want a Kingdom Hearts Dissidia? (And you do realize there would be a large number of Disney characters, not just characters specific to Kingdom Hearts, right?)

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Imagine Xemnas getting owned by Tarzan, Axel being beaten by Stitch, or Riku being beaten by the Little Mermaid. If that's not reason enough for a Kingdom Hearts fighter, I don't know what is. Oh wait, yes I do. TERRA!

But heck, the controlls don't even have to be like that. They could be the way Kingdom Hearts is now, except instead of an rpg, you're fighting your enemy dirrectly.

Captain, you don't seem to like a lot of games. :p

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
How do you know so much about Terra?
Last time I checked there had been little info revealed about him.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Imagine Xemnas getting owned by Tarzan, Axel being beaten by Stitch, or Riku being beaten by the Little Mermaid. If that's not reason enough for a Kingdom Hearts fighter, I don't know what is. Oh wait, yes I do. TERRA!

But heck, the controlls don't even have to be like that. They could be the way Kingdom Hearts is now, except instead of an rpg, you're fighting your enemy dirrectly.

Captain, you don't seem to like a lot of games. :p

The problem is that I love video games when I play them, look back and realize how aweful and problem-ridden they all were, then when I play them again I remember how fun they are.

Case in point - Twilight Princess. Loved it, stopped playing it for a year, started talking about it, realized that I found every element of gameplay in it annoying in some way - dungeons are too long and become uninteresting, fighting is annoying, etc. Then, I went back to it, played it again, and found that instead of being irritating, I loved every element of Twilight Princess, and the game was extremely balanced in that all the elements were fun.

Heck, I even enjoyed Sonic '06 and a still admit to liking everything about Shadow the Hedgehog's game except the camera, but when I started talking about Sonic games with other people, I realized how awful they all were. Then thinking back, I realized how much less fun they were compared to the other things I've played. Now I don't play them simply because I had fun, but not as much fun as I could have with just about anything else.

EDIT: except for Shadow the Hedgehog of course. What people don't realize about that particular game is that it is the very first game in it's genre (at least that I am aware of). This genre is the high-speed 3rd person shooter (and platformer). I never expect another game in this genre again, but it is by far my favorite genre of all time. Don't get me wrong, Shadow the Hedgehog is not my favorite game. It is only the first and last game in a genre that has more gameplay potential than any other current genre. Incidently, I am absolutely furious at Sonic's fanbase for blaming the guns for the game's problems, as the guns were the most fun part of any sonic game to date, and their attitude guarenteed no sequel to a game that normally would immediately qualify for one by the merit of having over a million sales.

(However, Zack and Wiki just plain annoyed me at times. It was too hard if for no other reason than because you can and will die repeatedly, and will be forced to restart the level. Critically acclaimed flops are in my experience flops because as well done as they are, they are simply not fun while I play them. I actually almost didn't finish Okami because it was boring; sure the combat system was kinda bad, but I can handle a bad combat system. However, the game itself doesn't have enough going for it to keep my attention for 60 hours; which is extremely odd because it was widely varied and looks great. I think it's because of the false ending; after I finished, I figured I was done, and didn't genuinely want to explore more of the world for the sake of exploration.

I never understood how critics can acclaim some of these things. I think it's because they are so used to seeing generic that originality is instant win and boosts scores up from 8 to 9, where-as normal people can have fun with the generic, due to owning and playing a smaller library and thus less exposure to games that do the same thing repeatedly.)

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
How do you know so much about Terra?
Last time I checked there had been little info revealed about him.
You know a lot about people by seeing them in action. After seeing Terra fighting Sora, I know enough about him to know that he's kick butt. Plus the cutscenes at the end of Kingdom Hearts 2 and Final Mix +, as well as the Japanese Trailers lets us learn a lot about him. But still, actions speak much louder than words, and Terra's awesome fight has like 30000 actions in it.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
If a fighting game of kingdom hearts ever come out(which i extremely doubt) While there will be disney chars it won't be the obscure ones. Of course mickey donald and goofy will be in but don't think SE will waste money on licensing the likes of tarzan(who they actually lost the rights to. Why do u think we haven't seen him since kh1?) And stitch. Plus why would they waste time on making moveset for such non relevant chars?

And i don't know about you but i would love to play as kingdom hearts mickey in a fighting game.

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
Oh geez. A fighting game of Kingdom hearts. If it was like anything like brawl. I might. " I mean Might." Get that. O.o;... I just like Leon. Aka Squall. Good old Squall. XD I'm in shock that Disney really wanted to work with Square Enix. I mean they have hardcore fantasy fun, but still... I don't mind Kingdom hearts the first, but Kingdom hearts 2. I'm in love with it. Because of the random Lazer Star wars moment with Sora, and Xemnas. <-- Whatever how you say it. People call him other things.

Plus I love the extra attacks. It's pretty epic with some of it. You got to hit that button before you get killed.

OMG I HATE THE FACT THAT SEPHIORTH WAS ROUGH IN KH2 D< WHY?! WHYYYY?!!!!! XD

( I couldn't even beat him in KH 1, and yet I was able to beat him in KH2. That is a problem to me. XD )

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Oh geez. A fighting game of Kingdom hearts. If it was like anything like brawl. I might. " I mean Might." Get that. O.o;... I just like Leon. Aka Squall. Good old Squall. XD I'm in shock that Disney really wanted to work with Square Enix. I mean they have hardcore fantasy fun, but still... I don't mind Kingdom hearts the first, but Kingdom hearts 2. I'm in love with it. Because of the random Lazer Star wars moment with Sora, and Xemnas. <-- Whatever how you say it. People call him other things.

Plus I love the extra attacks. It's pretty epic with some of it. You got to hit that button before you get killed.

OMG I HATE THE FACT THAT SEPHIORTH WAS ROUGH IN KH2 D< WHY?! WHYYYY?!!!!! XD

( I couldn't even beat him in KH 1, and yet I was able to beat him in KH2. That is a problem to me. XD )
There is an infinite block ability in Kingdom Hearts 1 - that is, an ability that lets you stay in block. It enables you to beat enemies that would otherwise be way too tough, and is essential for the Sephiroth battle. In fact, I found the KH1 extra boss battles way more fun than the ones in KH2 because that ability allowed me to take on enemies that are clearly out of my league and possibly even win.

Understand, I do think KH2 is the better game, but KH1 had better mechanics for the extra bosses.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I would love to get into KH theories and stuff, but I am too lazy to read right now.

One thing I do wish for, is the ability to switch characters, I would like to play Donald or Goofy or other ally, I wish when you got to play Riku in the end of KH2, that is was for the rest of the bettle, not 5 seconds to save Sora.

Magic command can replaced with "Special" comman for things like the Goofy rocket and such.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Wow... someone who wanted to be the allies instead of the main character or a final-fantasy person... wow.

And still, I don't see what would be bad about Disney including the Disney characters that they've used...

I see the fighting roster looking something like this...

Sora
Riku
Kairi (possibly)
Ansem
Roxas
Diz (possibly)
Orgonization 13
Squall
Yuffie
Cloud
Sephiroth
Auron
Tifa

Donald
Goofy
Tarzan
Aladdin
Jack Skellengton
Beast
PeterPan
Simba
Fa Mulan
Maleficent
Hades
Jafar
King Mickey
Pete
Captain Jack Sparrow
Tron
Barbossa
Shan Yu
Ursula (possibly)
Oogie Boogie (possibly)
Scar
King Mickey
Hercules
Retro Pete

and, of course, TERRA!

I know that some of these people might not be Disney-Common anymore.... and some of these are questionable.... and that if some of these people were in, they would have to be secret characters (beat tournament mode with Squall to unlock Cloud, defeat Sephiroth to unlock him, complete the game on Very Hard with all charcaters to unlock Terra). But if they wanted to make a Kingdom Hearts fighting game, using possibly the same mechanics as in Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, only modified a bit to make it more vs Bosses instead of vs 1000 Heartless and Nobodies (although they'd still be enemies that would randomly appear), I'd think that any of these people would be viable, with certain stages themed and designed after specific worlds, too.

I recommended Stitch earlier because he and I are tight like that. But it would be unfair to allow the indestructable alien that's stronger than things 300x his own size, with a super killer instinct and plasma blasters. :p Terra could take him though.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
There is an infinite block ability in Kingdom Hearts 1 - that is, an ability that lets you stay in block. It enables you to beat enemies that would otherwise be way too tough, and is essential for the Sephiroth battle. In fact, I found the KH1 extra boss battles way more fun than the ones in KH2 because that ability allowed me to take on enemies that are clearly out of my league and possibly even win.

Understand, I do think KH2 is the better game, but KH1 had better mechanics for the extra bosses.
So a glitch found in the system which allows you to beat bosses you couldn't otherwise makes the bosses more fun? That makes all the sense in the world.

Sephroith while he is very hard is more then beatable without using the infinite block. I've beaten him multiple times around lv 85. Sephorith in kh2 was a joke. Actually every single boss battle in kh2 was a joke except for xladin and final xemnas. KH2 was a VERY EASY game. I don't blame this on the kh2 system rather then i blame it on all the powers it gives you. Kh2 bascially hand feeds you all the power you need to glide right through the game with easy level ups and drive forms. This is why i love critical mode in kingodm hearts 2 final mix. I actually loss to axel in roxas story on critical mode. Im not even going to talk about how hard the org shiloutes and terra is.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master

I recommended Stitch earlier because he and I are tight like that. But it would be unfair to allow the indestructable alien that's stronger than things 300x his own size, with a super killer instinct and plasma blasters. :p Terra could take him though.

I was thinking that last part myself.

If you don't think indestructable people that can lift things 300x there own size should be in a fighting game, then you are going to have to cut all the final fantasy characters out.

I always wondered why there aren't any true 3-D fighting games. Not the Soul Caliber 4 "3-D," I mean a game that requires splitscreen to play and uses action-adventure attack moves. I will say though that the few times I've seen it (Donkey Kong 64, Sonic the Hedgehog), it was neither fun nor well thought out.

So a glitch found in the system which allows you to beat bosses you couldn't otherwise makes the bosses more fun? That makes all the sense in the world.

Sephroith while he is very hard is more then beatable without using the infinite block. I've beaten him multiple times around lv 85. Sephorith in kh2 was a joke. Actually every single boss battle in kh2 was a joke except for xladin and final xemnas. KH2 was a VERY EASY game. I don't blame this on the kh2 system rather then i blame it on all the powers it gives you. Kh2 bascially hand feeds you all the power you need to glide right through the game with easy level ups and drive forms. This is why i love critical mode in kingodm hearts 2 final mix. I actually loss to axel in roxas story on critical mode. Im not even going to talk about how hard the org shiloutes and terra is.
Glitch? Don't be that naive; you know more about KH than that. It is a skill that you learn by leveling up in KH1.

And yes, this skill makes those battles more fun. You see, it doesn't block every attack (at least I don't think it does) - only ones from the front (? - it was a long time since I played KH1). Not only that, but to attack the boss, you have to leave block, get a few hits in, and make sure you are facing the boss and not mid-attack when he does his next move. There is a lot of skill involved. With the normal block, you have to time it just right, and with a lot of attacks (I'm looking at you, Ice titan projectiles) it is a move that isn't long enough to block everything. It is simply not as reliable, and you are too likely to die with normal block.

I like having a reliable block - it enables me to face tougher foes that I otherwise couldn't and keeps me from feeling like I was hit by a cheap shot due to the brevity of normal block. It allows a low-level player to enter long, epic battles which would have been shorter at higher levels, which in turn lets them experience and master battling each of the boss's "phases," and it doesn't require the player to feel like he only won because of cure.

Remember, just because you can block almost everything, you still have to hit the boss a lot, and that makes KH1 boss battles challenging for low-level players using that skill. Sometimes even with the block a boss isn't beatable (Neverland), but he is pretty much always faceable.

Incidently, I've never approached level 85 in a Kingdom Hearts game, so being at level 85 against Sephiroth is never an option. Is there an infinite block in KH2 as well?

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
The trouble with Kingdom Hearts 1 was the final boss- I spent a lot of my game getting whooped by a Pot Centipede, then Ansem trots along and I slaughter him with the Kingdom Key at around level 60?!

The balance at the end of that game just failed, it made you work quite hard until up to the last Riku fight, then after you did that the balance just went all over the place. And for some reason it gives you a Darkside to fight which is probably even easier than the ones you fought on Destiny Islands due to you knowing more abilities, before giving you Overkill Ansem (who was very tricky to take down with the Kingdom Key lol), then going to the easy as heck final World of Chaos Ansem part.

They should have made you fight that thing first, and then give you the one on one fight against Ansem for the final part, as that would have been a logical progression from easy to difficult, not quite tough to ridiculously easy to really hard to really easy.

And if they did make a fighting game, I'd hope for either Ansem (Xehanort's Heartless) or Master Xehanort to be playable characters, because the trenchcoat is pimp.
Your lack of Tidus, Wakka, Selphie, Pluto, Kairi's grandmother and Sora's mum's voice on that list is disappointing though.
:p.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
And if they did make a fighting game, I'd hope for either Ansem (Xehanort's Heartless) or Master Xehanort to be playable characters, because the trenchcoat is pimp.
Your lack of Tidus, Wakka, Selphie, Pluto, Kairi's grandmother and Sora's mum's voice on that list is disappointing though.
:p.
Games that have very hard Bosses unless forwarned to be hard usually epic-fail (some of the TMNT games, I think a futuristic Bomberman etc). They shouldn't be laughablly easy, but once you get to uber high levels, they do seem a little easier to fight thank you'd have thought. But that's what secret bosses are for. The TRUE Final Boss.

And dude, I only listed people that actually fight. Little kids using a Volley-Ball, Whip, and Wooden Sword would be slaughtered just by .... heck, even Kairi and her girly-keyblade would have been too much for them, all 3 combined... Kairi's Grandma, Pluto, and the voice of Sora's Mom? Dude, too rigged. You can't hit any of them. It's not right. They have super-shields (elderly, animal cruelty, possibly non existant)...

But seriously, I only listed people that we've seen fighting in the game, or I'd have added Ven, Master Xehanort, the Dark Apprentice, and Aqua to the list as well. Terra's only in because of his pimp awesome Secret Most-Uber-Boss-That-Even-Gives-Game-Creator-Trouble fight.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Games that have very hard Bosses unless forwarned to be hard usually epic-fail (some of the TMNT games, I think a futuristic Bomberman etc). They shouldn't be laughablly easy, but once you get to uber high levels, they do seem a little easier to fight thank you'd have thought. But that's what secret bosses are for. The TRUE Final Boss.

But I killed the final boss with the worse weapon in the game, and just over the halfway mark in terms of my level. It was laughably easy, especially since earlier bosses were really hard with the best weapons available at the time.

And dude, I only listed people that actually fight. Little kids using a Volley-Ball, Whip, and Wooden Sword would be slaughtered just by .... heck, even Kairi and her girly-keyblade would have been too much for them, all 3 combined... Kairi's Grandma, Pluto, and the voice of Sora's Mom? Dude, too rigged. You can't hit any of them. It's not right. They have super-shields (elderly, animal cruelty, possibly non existant)...

Technically, those 3 could be given some buffs, they could at least be a Pokemon Trainer style character lol.

But seriously, I only listed people that we've seen fighting in the game, or I'd have added Ven, Master Xehanort, the Dark Apprentice, and Aqua to the list as well. Terra's only in because of his pimp awesome Secret Most-Uber-Boss-That-Even-Gives-Game-Creator-Trouble fight.

But we have seen Ven and Aqua fighting in Birth By Sleep. Or are you just counting KH1 and 2?
I also doubt Terra will be as Uber in Birth By Sleep.
Responses in red lol.

If they bring back Sephiroth in another game they should make him pathetically easy for the ironic lulz.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
When I recommended each character, I ment with the average of the abilities they had while in game. Making the 3 people that were about as weak as Shadow Heartless and that were never seen again as strong as the main hero is kinda strange... I could see them interfering with fights on the Destiney Island stage, but other than that, just no.

And this would be a 3d like fighter... closest, atleast to me, to being like the DBZ:Budokai games. I think all they would need to do is to try to figure out how to make it multi-player, while incorporating all of the characters and handfuls of their moves into it.

And the characters that I have included are all of the ones that we've seen in the playable games that have already been released. When Birth By Sleep and 358/2 Days both come out, the new characters could be added in.

And since I'm only counting the ones that we've currently used/fought, that is why I am holding Terra in such high-regards. I'll be back to Sora once Terra comes out and reveals himself to be just like everyone else (so to speak), although I think I still like the idea of Kairi using the Key-Blade she borrowed from Riku, and using it to fight.

And as for Sephiroth being easy, dude, have you played Kingdom Hearts 2? Sephiroth is simple in it.... it seems that all bosses in all of the games become cake after the lvl 60 point... I don't even know what it is you get at that point in time, but it seems to make them much easier...

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
The trouble with Kingdom Hearts 1 was the final boss- I spent a lot of my game getting whooped by a Pot Centipede, then Ansem trots along and I slaughter him with the Kingdom Key at around level 60?!

The balance at the end of that game just failed, it made you work quite hard until up to the last Riku fight, then after you did that the balance just went all over the place. And for some reason it gives you a Darkside to fight which is probably even easier than the ones you fought on Destiny Islands due to you knowing more abilities, before giving you Overkill Ansem (who was very tricky to take down with the Kingdom Key lol), then going to the easy as heck final World of Chaos Ansem part.

They should have made you fight that thing first, and then give you the one on one fight against Ansem for the final part, as that would have been a logical progression from easy to difficult, not quite tough to ridiculously easy to really hard to really easy.
I don't think I actually reached level 60...

I think the reason Ansem is so easy is because the extra bosses are so hard. They want you to finish the game, but they also want to make the game challenging. Somehow, they made the extra bosses too difficult to beat (I've never beaten all the KH1 bosses), so much so that it is unreasonable to expect them to ever be beaten by most the fanbase, and decided to let us skip all the extra bosses into an easy final boss because otherwise, many of us would never be able to follow the plot, having failed against Ansem.

That's my theory anyway.

EDIT: Why/how did you all get above level 60? I mean, my tactics of running away from all the annoying heartless never got me to that level, and I never saw a reason to be high-leveled.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
EDIT: Why/how did you all get above level 60? I mean, my tactics of running away from all the annoying heartless never got me to that level, and I never saw a reason to be high-leveled.
I left Destiny Islands at level 21 :laugh:.

I actually enjoyed fighting Heartless, because you could run from them unlike in a lot of RPG's, and most of the time you could avoid them if necessary- I think I'm at level 72 now, and I'm still having trouble with the optional bosses.
Ice Titan was fairly easy, just died at the final part, Kurt Zisa and Phantom confuse me, and Sephiroth started to run after a while :urg:.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
ARE YOU ALL COWARDS!?! ARE YOU NOT MEN! STAND UP AND FIGHT YOUR ENEMIES! I was at lvl 80 by the time I was done with everything, although half the time, my partners could kill all of them for me without me even touching the controller. And the hiddens were cake for me, even at lvl 60.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master

I actually enjoyed fighting Heartless, because you could run from them unlike in a lot of RPG's, and most of the time you could avoid them if necessary- I think I'm at level 72 now, and I'm still having trouble with the optional bosses.
Ice Titan was fairly easy, just died at the final part, Kurt Zisa and Phantom confuse me, and Sephiroth started to run after a while :urg:.
My problem is that I never liked how heartless fight you - and only you - where ever you go. Also how they were in endless supply, and slowed you down as you tried to travel from one side of the world to the other. They were always small, annoying obstacles, and I found running away to be a much faster method for getting across maps than any actual combat.

Which might have something to do with why I'm below level 60.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
My problem is that I never liked how heartless fight you - and only you - where ever you go. Also how they were in endless supply, and slowed you down as you tried to travel from one side of the world to the other. They were always small, annoying obstacles, and I found running away to be a much faster method for getting across maps than any actual combat.

Which might have something to do with why I'm below level 60.
What version are you playing now? Donald and Goofy seem to constantly require me coming in and saving them whenever I play.... and if anything, isn't an endless supply of experience, synthesis items, and munni a good thing? They were obsticals, but you didn't have to do a Super Jump + Super Glide to dodge them... just kill them. They go down quickly...

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
What version are you playing now? Donald and Goofy seem to constantly require me coming in and saving them whenever I play.... and if anything, isn't an endless supply of experience, synthesis items, and munni a good thing? They were obsticals, but you didn't have to do a Super Jump + Super Glide to dodge them... just kill them. They go down quickly...
I know they are easy, but the mere fact that they exist, come in huge droves, and aren't as tough or fun as boss fights are reason enough for me to skip them when I'm running errands in Traverse(?) Town.

Although once again, the last time I played KH1 was a long time ago.

Was it just me, or does everyone think it was kinda repetitive? Especially the Whale Stomache.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I know they are easy, but the mere fact that they exist, come in huge droves, and aren't as tough or fun as boss fights are reason enough for me to skip them when I'm running errands in Traverse(?) Town.

Although once again, the last time I played KH1 was a long time ago.

Was it just me, or does everyone think it was kinda repetitive? Especially the Whale Stomache.
When you get lost, it becomes annoying to have to spend 3-5 seconds destroying them, that is true. But do the path right the first time, and you barely even really notice them...

Zip.

Smash Lord

imo Kurt Zisa was the easiest outof the optional bosses(and he was a pain in the ***)Phantom is ridiculous(i think i got lucky taking him down at level 62.)

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
imo Kurt Zisa was the easiest outof the optional bosses(and he was a pain in the ***)Phantom is ridiculous(i think i got lucky taking him down at level 62.)
With Kurt, you just healed alot when he was about to drain you... Phantom, you just spam Stop every few minutes, and then use your spells and such to hurt him... The items that heal both hp and magic are a must here, as is Goofy's (I sacrifice 1 mp bar to give you 3) ability. Sephiroth was the true boss of Kingdom Hearts 1 (not counting Final Mix). Atleast in my oppinion.

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice

I just dislike the fact. that Getting Sora's Ultimate keyblade in KH1 shouldn't be so super hard because of those stupid mushrooms. D< I didn't mind it at first, but of course... That's just me. Can I say one thing that the PS2 is still way better then the PS3 Cause you can't play KH1, or 2. On a PS3. Why wouldn't people think of things like that? Cause even the Wii it self make the PS3 look bad. Still PS2 has better props. I'm even giving my PS3 away to someone for free. Cause I thought I loved it, but Meh... someone probably wants it more t hen me. XD

BACK On subject. KH1 is cool because of it's boss. They should of brought the other bosses into KH2. That way the game would last a little bit longer. Which reminds me. When I was asleep. XD In KH1. I didn't know how the heck I got to the boss with the little mermaid. XD Pretty wicked. Then I saw that devil guy at the end of the boss. I did an all nighters, and was so tired. I managed to beat it all. XD Expect the very ending, and the bosses .Cause I was still depressed to get to at least where I can get the ultimate Keyblade.

Not to mention. O_o;.. My cousin beat it faster then me. Makes me look weak. XD At least KH2 I had more time to beat it better. Cause I think it didn't bore me that fast either. XD

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I just dislike the fact. that Getting Sora's Ultimate keyblade in KH1 shouldn't be so super hard because of those stupid mushrooms. D< I didn't mind it at first, but of course... That's just me. Can I say one thing that the PS2 is still way better then the PS3 Cause you can't play KH1, or 2. On a PS3. Why wouldn't people think of things like that? Cause even the Wii it self make the PS3 look bad. Still PS2 has better props. I'm even giving my PS3 away to someone for free. Cause I thought I loved it, but Meh... someone probably wants it more t hen me. XD

BACK On subject. KH1 is cool because of it's boss. They should of brought the other bosses into KH2. That way the game would last a little bit longer. Which reminds me. When I was asleep. XD In KH1. I didn't know how the heck I got to the boss with the little mermaid. XD Pretty wicked. Then I saw that devil guy at the end of the boss. I did an all nighters, and was so tired. I managed to beat it all. XD Expect the very ending, and the bosses .Cause I was still depressed to get to at least where I can get the ultimate Keyblade.

Not to mention. O_o;.. My cousin beat it faster then me. Makes me look weak. XD At least KH2 I had more time to beat it better. Cause I think it didn't bore me that fast either. XD

Okay, does anyone know what the devil this person is saying? Because of the way the grammar and punctuation is placed, I really can't understand a single sentence....

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Wouldn't it be easier just to treat her like every other Heartless?

She strangly focuses on only you. Allow Donald and Goofy to get close to her and beat her, while you simply swim circles around her and watch... while healing them whenever they BOTH die, or while launching a small burst of flame every few minutes. Works well for me.

However, every boss in Kingdom Hearts is completely devistated by the Aero+TinkerBell combination. No boss can beat it.

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
Okay, does anyone know what the devil this person is saying? Because of the way the grammar and punctuation is placed, I really can't understand a single sentence....
Sorry if my words confuse you, I'm not perfect. I don't tend to be. With what I have to say.

That last post. Wasn't meant for you no way.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Sorry if my words confuse you, I'm not perfect. I don't tend to be. With what I have to say.

That last post. Wasn't meant for you no way.
I wasn't trying to insult you... and I never said I was perfect... only God, or whatever Deity any person chooses to worship, is perfect. I just wanted to know what you said, is all.

Top Bottom