• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kingdom Hearts [SPOILERS]

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I loved the plot in the first KH.
The second one felt too... ambitious for a KH game? At least to me it did.

Also, one more month until 358/2 Days is released in Japan.
I hope it's good!

WeeGeeSmash

Smash Apprentice
I loved the plot in the first KH.
The second one felt too... ambitious for a KH game? At least to me it did.

Also, one more month until 358/2 Days is released in Japan.
I hope it's good!
358/2 looks like it will impress. I just hope they don't port it like they did COM.
(I played COM on PS2, and it's good, but lots of recycled content.)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
358/2 looks like it will impress. I just hope they don't port it like they did COM.
(I played COM on PS2, and it's good, but lots of recycled content.)
I doubt that they'd ever port it, to a console that is.
The game seems heavily focused on the multiplayer.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I know what you mean.

Barbossa tool like 15 tries for me. >_>
For that fight, blizzard is a god send. Just freeze him and then slash him.
He's still hard though.

And sadly, I erased my first playthrough after being stuck at the 1000 heartless fight.
I can beat Demyx without getting hit... but I can't beat 1000 heartless.

And I only had around 20 more to go.
In my current LV 1 playthrough, I'm at Tron's world. So I'm almost there again.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Whoo hoo. KH fangirl here.

I gotta say, Barbossa was an ok fight, but I died the most on Xigbar. Even King Mickey couldn't help when he appeared. The game in general was easy, but there were a few hard points.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
You made a point most likely referring to me about Barbossa being easy. I'm sure you wouldn't say that out of the blue...

Sure he is easy...In the normal game.

But taking into consideration the situations we're discussing...The game is actually quite hard and really needs planning and strategy then.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
One of my friends bought it and really enjoyed it for the most part. But she didn't play CoM on the GBA, so I assume a lot of her enjoyment came from the clarification she got while experiencing the story for the first time.

In other words, I don't plan on getting it because I already know what happens.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I think it would be a good idea to borrow the Re:CoM from your friend, then. It's nice to hear the story with voice acting, and the 3-D level design is decent. If you don't want to buy the new one, I can understand it, but I would at least borrow it and give it a playthrough.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I suppose I may. I watched her playing it a bit, and I have to say that little Sora with big Sora's voice still doesn't really mesh in my head, but it was nice to see things fleshed out a little more.

All-in-all though, I just don't think it would sate my KH fix. Frankly, I'm sick of The Organization at this point, which is why I'm not very excited for 358/2 Days. I'm eager to move beyond them.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I suppose I may. I watched her playing it a bit, and I have to say that little Sora with big Sora's voice still doesn't really mesh in my head, but it was nice to see things fleshed out a little more.

All-in-all though, I just don't think it would sate my KH fix. Frankly, I'm sick of The Organization at this point, which is why I'm not very excited for 358/2 Days. I'm eager to move beyond them.
You're eager to move on past an element of Kingdom Hearts that has yet to be adequetly explained?

I am as well, but it's not going to happen (and it's that type of plot emphasis that keeps me from liking anime). Kingdom Hearts in going to drag the organization on until we know the back story for every member.

Incidently, do you know anything about soulless? It's a creature believed to be the natural evolution of the series - Heartless, Nobodies, Soulless.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Incidently, do you know anything about soulless? It's a creature believed to be the natural evolution of the series - Heartless, Nobodies, Soulless.
:flame:
If I am correct, videos have refered to these enemies as the Unbirths, and they were actually either the first or second type of enemy, with Heatless being one of the other, and the Nobodies the 3rd type, in the movie teasing about Riku and Roxas battling NeoShadows at the WorldThatNeverWas, and the Nobodies named as the 3rd enemy during that trailer, which if I remember was at the end of Kingdom Hearts 1.

Can I ask if I understand the sequence of games right so far, just to make sure that I'm kept up with the story? As far as I knows, cronologically, the story goes (Birth By Sleep)-(Kingdom Hearts 1)-(Chain of Memories)-(358/2)-(Kingdom Hearts 2)-(Coded). Am I right? It should be something like that...

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Unbirths hm, dose this mean there are unbirths of all the Organization? and I wonder what happened to the heartless versions of the Organization?

(I heard the Organization is atcually made of characters counter parts from the FF series as example Reno is Axel whether this is true or not I don't know.)

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
You're eager to move on past an element of Kingdom Hearts that has yet to be adequetly explained?
The Organization has been pretty adequately explained (or at least it had been until Nomura decided to introduce Xion in Days just to **** with us). I don't care about them. I'm much more curious to know about the origins of the keyblade, what Riku did while Sora was asleep (admittedly, this should be covered in Days) and what Mickey was doing during the events of the first game, in addition to tons of smaller things that will probably never be answered.

But most importantly, I want to get the focus back on the main characters. Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts 2 and 358/2 Days are all so saturated with Org. members and the backstory of the nobodies that Sora, Riku and Kairi have gotten lost in the mess.

I realize the Organization is now apart of the overall story, but now that the members are all dead, I'm hoping the plot will continue by centering back upon Sora, Riku and Kairi. They are the characters I'm interested in (mostly Sora and Riku, I will admit). This **** with Xion and the rest of the Organization is just fluff I don't care about. Roxas and Axel were interesting for a while, but even their time has passed. I'm sure they'll be brought up again from time to time and maybe their existence will have influenced the future of the series, but for the most part, I would like to just move forward. I'm sick of black cloaks.

Can I ask if I understand the sequence of games right so far, just to make sure that I'm kept up with the story? As far as I knows, cronologically, the story goes (Birth By Sleep)-(Kingdom Hearts 1)-(Chain of Memories)-(358/2)-(Kingdom Hearts 2)-(Coded). Am I right? It should be something like that...
Yes, I believe you have that right.

I heard the Organization is atcually made of characters counter parts from the FF series as example Reno is Axel whether this is true or not I don't know.
No, it's not true.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
The Organization has been pretty adequately explained (or at least it had been until Nomura decided to introduce Xion in Days just to **** with us). I don't care about them. I'm much more curious to know about the origins of the keyblade, what Riku did while Sora was asleep (admittedly, this should be covered in Days) and what Mickey was doing during the events of the first game, in addition to tons of smaller things that will probably never be answered.

But most importantly, I want to get the focus back on the main characters. Chain of Memories, Kingdom Hearts 2 and 358/2 Days are all so saturated with Org. members and the backstory of the nobodies that Sora, Riku and Kairi have gotten lost in the mess.

I realize the Organization is now apart of the overall story, but now that the members are all dead, I'm hoping the plot will continue by centering back upon Sora, Riku and Kairi. They are the characters I'm interested in (mostly Sora and Riku, I will admit). This **** with Xion and the rest of the Organization is just fluff I don't care about. Roxas and Axel were interesting for a while, but even their time has passed. I'm sure they'll be brought up again from time to time and maybe their existence will have influenced the future of the series, but for the most part, I would like to just move forward. I'm sick of black cloaks.
Thank you for answering my question, by the way.

I also heard that the events of 358/2 and Chain of Memories occur nearly at the same time, since at the end of Chain of Memories, Riku is working with Ansem to control his Heartless, and also goes out of his way to capture Roxas. But if 358/2 (I hate the name only because it's so dang long to say) was to occur after Chain of Memories, then Sora would have been in the capsule for 2 years. Namine put him in it for 1 to reverse the damage done to his mind, but when Riku eventually captured Roxas, and Roxas eventually joined back with Sora, that allowed Sora to awaken a little quicker. And it is also noted that Roxas only lived for a year. From the point that Sora stabbed himself with the Dark Keyblade in Kingdom Hearts 1 (after defeating Heartless Riku/Xemnas' Heartless) to the point that Roxas is playable in KH2 is about a year, and 358/2 fills in that gap. So, Roxas' existance was a little longer than Sora's nap, which means that technically, 358/2 comes before Chain of Memories, but after Kingdom Hearts 1, and all before Kingdom Hearts 2. Am I still keeping up with things?

I'm interested to know more about Sora's past and what the gang will be doing, now that Sora has both his Girlfriend and Bestfriend together again. I also do want to know what the heck Mickey was doing in Kingdom Hearts 1. I'm not fully sick of the Orgonization yet (and that cloak would be quite cool to wear), but I do share part of your feelings of wanting the focus back more towards the main heroes. They can have their one game trying to explain the back story of the Orgonization, and they'll probably have another game talking about the UnBirths, assuming Birth By Sleep doesn't answer everything, but we know they will keep leaving us hanging, and Sora's vacation with Kairi (anyone else notice she changed like 30x more between 14 and 15? Puberty was nice to her!) and Riku (who should no longer be possessed by Xemnas' Heartless) will be described in a few years. You and I only differ in that I also would like to know if Sora will still have to kick Riku's butt a few more times to earn Kairi's Heart, or if she's fully smitten with him to the point where Riku couldn't do anything to stop it. :p

I ALSO DEMAND TO KNOW HOW THE MOTHER-PUCK SEPHIROTH GOT INTO THIS CRAZY CRAP! WHO'S GONNA KICK SEPHIROTH OUT OF HIS WORLD!?! I DARE SOME HEARTLESS MOTHER-PUCKER TRY TO MESS WITH THE ONE-WINGED ANGEL! SCREW THE KEY-BLADE! GO MASAMUNE! (If Sephiroth actually wanted to beat Sora, he would have. People shouldn't ever consider Sora Cloud's or Sephiroth's Equal)

Anyone think it's weird that I want to buy my own Key-Blade after playing these games now? I thought that the Disney Themed People would make me kill myself (granted, Atlantica and 100-Acre Woods made me nearly slit my wrists and cut out my eyes), but I actually enjoyed the games. Also, what exactly is different with the second releases of some of the games? Do they add in vital parts to the storyline? Or just kinda get harder and let you fight against extra bosses and have a few extra abilities? I know Re:Chain of Memories is a heck of a lot different from the GameBoyAdvance Version, but what about the two Final Mixes?

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Ah, there series that brings out everyone's inner fanboy by making Disney cool and Sephiroth a boss.

I thought Sora's past was kind of clear. He was a very normal person, then his world got destroyed by the Heartless, he ended up in the town where all the people who manage to ride the shockwaves out of oblivion land.

I doubt Sora has anything remarkable enough about his past that he could tell you why he's a keyblade weilder, as opposed to those other kids on the island that didn't escape the Heartless' destruction. My impression from Kingdom Hearts 1 is he is exceedingly normal. Maybe he was just in the right place at the right time? As it does appear as if there are thousands of prior keyblade weilders, if not more.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Am I still keeping up with things?
Haha, yeah, I think you've still got it all in order.

As far as the relationship between Sora, Kairi, and Riku, I'm think everything's going to stay pretty ambiguous for a while. I imagine they'll probably expound upon the idea of friendship, but I doubt there will be much overt romance between anyone in the near future.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
As far as the relationship between Sora, Kairi, and Riku, I'm think everything's going to stay pretty ambiguous for a while. I imagine they'll probably expound upon the idea of friendship, but I doubt there will be much overt romance between anyone in the near future.
Stop right there. The only part of that relationship that is clear is that Sora x Kairi. We have no idea how Kairi feels about Riku, and if Riku and Sora are still rivals, or straight up best friends (Sora seemed desperate to get Riku back, but Riku's kinda emo...e). Of course, the two little kids kissing would probably turn off all of the 5 year olds that play this, but I can almost guarantee from the way they've talked about eachother and to eachother that the love between them is going to get deeper in Kingdom Hearts 3 (which won't be around until like, 10 years from now, anyone want to bet?).

Didn't mean to be rude, but since the (possible) start of my own happy relationship, these kinda things get to me more than most other things do. I'm adamant about this strange stuff. And thanks for letting me know that I atleast think I know what's going on. Still wish to know how the remakes of the games factor into everything.

And as to Sora getting the Key-Blade, I'm sure it's because he's so attached to his friends, and because he has a big heart. But still, what was life back then for one of the pre-destined Key-Blade Weilders? Heck, what was Mickey doing back then? Birth By Sleep had a Kid Sora and a Kid Riku in it, if I remember right, so it might try to answer a few things.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Stop right there. The only part of that relationship that is clear is that Sora x Kairi. We have no idea how Kairi feels about Riku, and if Riku and Sora are still rivals, or straight up best friends (Sora seemed desperate to get Riku back, but Riku's kinda emo...e). Of course, the two little kids kissing would probably turn off all of the 5 year olds that play this, but I can almost guarantee from the way they've talked about eachother and to eachother that the love between them is going to get deeper in Kingdom Hearts 3 (which won't be around until like, 10 years from now, anyone want to bet?).

Didn't mean to be rude, but since the (possible) start of my own happy relationship, these kinda things get to me more than most other things do. I'm adamant about this strange stuff. And thanks for letting me know that I atleast think I know what's going on. Still wish to know how the remakes of the games factor into everything.

And as to Sora getting the Key-Blade, I'm sure it's because he's so attached to his friends, and because he has a big heart. But still, what was life back then for one of the pre-destined Key-Blade Weilders? Heck, what was Mickey doing back then? Birth By Sleep had a Kid Sora and a Kid Riku in it, if I remember right, so it might try to answer a few things.

What does having a big heart have to do with owning a keyblade :confused:?

Roxas doesn't even have a heart, and he has two.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I believe it was because he is not only a "special nobody", but the nobody of a Key-Blade Bearer. Still, Sora should be able to dual-wield Key-Blades without going "Bankai" (oh God tell me I didn't just say that...).

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I believe it was because he is not only a "special nobody", but the nobody of a Key-Blade Bearer. Still, Sora should be able to dual-wield Key-Blades without going "Bankai" (oh God tell me I didn't just say that...).
Could you please explain how key blades work?

I have either forgotten, never understood it, or some combination of the two. Sora, Kairi, Riku, and Mickey (and Roxas) all have keyblades for some reason. If it's heart size, I believe Riku got his keyblade because he wanted Sora dead, which makes me wonder how it works.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
If I am correct, Riku was suppost to be the rightful owner of the Keyblade in the current Kingdom Hearts series (I just looked it up, and it was that he and Sora were both suppost to be able to use one. Stupid Riku going emo and leaving his friends). But he kinda went dark with his desires to go to otherworlds and such while abandoning his friends to the Destiney Islands, and because of this, the Blade picked Sora. However, because of his heart (which was strong enough due to his desire to save Kairi), he still is capable of using a KeyBlade. Sora's weaker than Riku, but has a better Heart. I think Riku actually gave Kairi her Key-Blade, but she could probably use one herself too. And King Mickey .. come on, how would Mickey not have a strong Heart? Roxas is the nobody of Sora, so he gains that ability naturally.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
If I am correct, Riku was suppost to be the rightful owner of the Keyblade in the current Kingdom Hearts series (I just looked it up, and it was that he and Sora were both suppost to be able to use one. Stupid Riku going emo and leaving his friends). But he kinda went dark with his desires to go to otherworlds and such while abandoning his friends to the Destiney Islands, and because of this, the Blade picked Sora. However, because of his heart (which was strong enough due to his desire to save Kairi), he still is capable of using a KeyBlade. Sora's weaker than Riku, but has a better Heart. I think Riku actually gave Kairi her Key-Blade, but she could probably use one herself too. And King Mickey .. come on, how would Mickey not have a strong Heart? Roxas is the nobody of Sora, so he gains that ability naturally.
So keyblades are given out by heart strength...

And why does Sora have a keyblade again? :laugh:

What's really weird about that explanation though is that every member of Organization XIII should be able to weild a keyblade. Every member has a strong heart, which is why they were able to maintain their form as Nobodies. Even if that can't weild keyblades anymore, they should have all been keyblade weilders before becoming heartless and nobodies. I find it odd that that wouldn't come up in conversation, at all, at any point in the game though.

I actually find it odd that the plot as a whole doesn't ever just come up in conversation. Is Sora really content with believing that the Organization's only unique traits is their strong hearts?

Well, Sora is a dimwit. He actually believes that you can remove all darkness from everyone's hearts eventually and thus end the heartless swarms. At least with Roxas, you got the impression he had a firm grasp on reality - he knew that he would eventually disappear unless he found a heart (until he lost his memory).

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord

What's really weird about that explanation though is that every member of Organization XIII should be able to weild a keyblade. Every member has a strong heart, which is why they were able to maintain their form as Nobodies. Even if that can't weild keyblades anymore, they should have all been keyblade weilders before becoming heartless and nobodies. I find it odd that that wouldn't come up in conversation, at all, at any point in the game though.

I actually find it odd that the plot as a whole doesn't ever just come up in conversation. Is Sora really content with believing that the Organization's only unique traits is their strong hearts?

Well, Sora is a dimwit. He actually believes that you can remove all darkness from everyone's hearts eventually and thus end the heartless swarms. At least with Roxas, you got the impression he had a firm grasp on reality - he knew that he would eventually disappear unless he found a heart (until he lost his memory).
What I've said is what I THINK is the reason why, but it might just be theory craft. Also, if what I think I understand is true, it's people that are good. A person's Nobody is about as good or as evil as the person was themself. And Orgonization 13 is pretty much evil (or as evil as you can get in Disney), so they wouldn't be reciving Key-Blades. But then again, with the weapons they have, do they need them? And the form thing isn't about being strong hearted. The stronger a Nobody was, the more human it would look (with some mirroring their origonal forms). Not necesarily being strong hearted to be in the Orgonization, just a person who had a heart and turned to darkness which is what caused the Nobody to form (atleast if I am understanding this right. I might need to go look and play and check all of this up again).

And Sora is a dimwit... but hey, A)He has his girl and his best friend with him, so he's happy, and B)He may be stupid, but his Heart is in the right place (God that was terrible).

Roxas215

Smash Lord

Yes, I believe you have that right.

No, it's not true.
The org hasn't been fully explained. We don't know why roxas left. We don't know how saix got his scar. We don't know how xigbar knows about terra aqua and ven. We don't know ANYTHING about xion. The only aspect about the org that has been fully explain was axel's and roxas relationship(which we now know xion was a huge part in) and xemnas plans. Also how did sora kairi and riku get loss? Riku's story has evolved more in CoM and KH2 then any member of the org in both games. You played with sora throughout the whole game and kairi will always play the girl that needs saving card.

Sora is still the main star of the series but this only comes into play on the console(main stories) versions. The reason for the side games is to explain aspects of the series that doesn't directly focus on sora. As we all know sora has NOTHING to do with bbs(other then the fact sora and ven is obviously connected somehow) Sora is only 4 yrs old in bbs.

I doubt Sora has anything remarkable enough about his past that he could tell you why he's a keyblade weilder, as opposed to those other kids on the island that didn't escape the Heartless' destruction. My impression from Kingdom Hearts 1 is he is exceedingly normal. Maybe he was just in the right place at the right time? As it does appear as if there are thousands of prior keyblade weilders, if not more.
I think the fact that sora and ven is connected is pretty remarkable. Also there weren't "thousands of weilders" rather then thousands of fake keyblades.

Riku was the "chosen one" at 1st but gave his heart to darkness which the keyblade then went to the next strongest heart which was sora.

Also no members of the org can weild a keyblade as no members of the org has a heart(roxas and xion can weild keyblades because of their connections to a actual keyblade weilder. Not because they have a heart. ) Maybe their original selves had a heart that was capable of weilding a keyblade. Im sure at the very least the diz's 6 apprentice's original selves will be revealed in bbs.

Also what are u talking about? Sora does not think u can remove all darkness from someone's heart. Sora even accepted the darkness in his own heart at the end of kh2. Also roxas knew he would disappear because sora needed him. He never once thought he could actually survive if he found a heart as he never had a heart to begin with.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I think the fact that sora and ven is connected is pretty remarkable. Also there weren't "thousands of weilders" rather then thousands of fake keyblades.
Who is Ven, and how do you know whether or not those thousands of keyblades are real?

EDIT: At the beginning of Kingdom Hearts 2, removing the darkness from everyone's hearts is Sora's explicitly stated solution for no longer needing to fight heartless. Not only that, but the goal of every organization member (with memories) is to become existant again. I'm not sure on the details, but it usually involves building kingdom hearts so they can cease to be nobodies.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Who is Ven, and how do you know whether or not those thousands of keyblades are real?
Ven is the roxas look alike in birth by sleep and the keyblade are fake as they don't have keychains.

EDIT: At the beginning of Kingdom Hearts 2, removing the darkness from everyone's hearts is Sora's explicitly stated solution for no longer needing to fight heartless. Not only that, but the goal of every organization member (with memories) is to become existant again. I'm not sure on the details, but it usually involves building kingdom hearts so they can cease to be nobodies.
Yea he thought that at the beginning of the game but at the end of the game he evolved and now knows darkness is needed just as much as light is and he and riku accepted the darkness within their own hearts in order to protect the ones they care about.

And yes that is their goal. Roxas on the other hand knows that he has no chance as sora needs him to become whole. The fact that Roxas accepts this fact is the reason why his story is so sad.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Ven is the roxas look alike in birth by sleep and the keyblade are fake as they don't have keychains.
I'm really starting to hate the plot of Kingdom hearts.

Heartless, Nobodies, Unbirths, World that never was, keyblades, keychains, and a plot that'll never be explained.

I really mean it; if you want to understand the plot of Kingdom Hearts, don't play the games. The plot only grows, and for every answer two questions take it's place. There is no reason to believe there will be an end, and it seems unlikely that there will ever be an explanation, because the story's style is to deliberately not tell you imporant plot points.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
I'm really starting to hate the plot of Kingdom hearts.

Heartless, Nobodies, Unbirths, World that never was, keyblades, keychains, and a plot that'll never be explained.

I really mean it; if you want to understand the plot of Kingdom Hearts, don't play the games. The plot only grows, and for every answer two questions take it's place. There is no reason to believe there will be an end, and it seems unlikely that there will ever be an explanation, because the story's style is to deliberately not tell you imporant plot points.
Except the fact that nomura has already stated he knows exactly how the series will end and that it won't be a ongoing series like final fantasy is. And every major plot line that wasn't explained at the beginning of kh2 was explained by the end. The only major plot lines left to be explained takes place in a brand new game. And isn't this the whole reason why sequels and prequels are made in the 1st place?

Heartless are explained. Nobodies are explained. Keyblades and keychains are explained. World that never was is explained. Of course unbirths aren't explained as the game that features them isn't out.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
The org hasn't been fully explained. We don't know why roxas left. We don't know how saix got his scar. We don't know how xigbar knows about terra aqua and ven. We don't know ANYTHING about xion. The only aspect about the org that has been fully explain was axel's and roxas relationship and xemnas plans.
I never said they were fully explained. I said they were adequately explained. I already know pretty much all I care to know about them. 358/2 Days will probably answer some of the things you mentioned, but I think a lot of it is either obvious or pointless. Why did Roxas leave the Org? To return to Sora. He feels emotions, starts to remember what it's like to be whole and is ultimately drawn to Sora (before being brought in by Riku). It is, after all, a nobody's greatest desire to become whole again. That's their entire mission. Roxas is just capable of accomplishing that in a different way from the others.

How did Saix get his scar? Does that even matter? I consider that part of his character design. Are we curious about Xigbar's eye patch too? It's just a way of differentiating characters.

I don't care how Xigbar knows about Terra, Aqua and Ven (though I have theories). I care to learn more about Terra, Aqua and Ven specifically, not how other people know them.

And we wouldn't NEED to know anything about Xion if Nomura hadn't just knuckle-balled her into 358/2 Days for no reason. If you think she's anything other than an unnecessary plot twist to spice up 358/2 Days' storyline, you're delusional.

Sora is still the main star of the series but this only comes into play on the console(main stories) versions. The reason for the side games is to explain aspects of the series that doesn't directly focus on sora.
Yes, and that's exactly my point. I don't care about the Organization, therefor I don't care about the spin-off game that is 358/2 Days. It will reveal a few interesting things, I'm sure, but it doesn't excite me because it's centered around characters that I don't care about. Xion will surely have disappeared by the end of 358/2 Days, and I won't care.

Birth By Sleep does look interesting despite not being about Sora and friends, but that has a lot to do with the fact that it's at least a breath of fresh air from all the Organization business. It's not the characters I love, but it's at least something different and has potential to answer much bigger questions than Days does.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
I never said they were fully explained. I said they were adequately explained. I already know pretty much all I care to know about them. 358/2 Days will probably answer some of the things you mentioned, but I think a lot of it is either obvious or pointless. Why did Roxas leave the Org? To return to Sora. He feels emotions, starts to remember what it's like to be whole and is ultimately drawn to Sora (before being brought in by Riku). It is, after all, a nobody's greatest desire to become whole again. That's their entire mission. Roxas is just capable of accomplishing that in a different way from the others.

How did Saix get his scar? Does that even matter? I consider that part of his character design. Are we curious about Xigbar's eye patch too? It's just a way of differentiating characters.

I don't care how Xigbar knows about Terra, Aqua and Ven (though I have theories). I care to learn more about Terra, Aqua and Ven specifically, not how other people know them.

And we wouldn't NEED to know anything about Xion if Nomura hadn't just knuckle-balled her into 358/2 Days for no reason. If you think she's anything other than an unnecessary plot twist to spice up 358/2 Days' storyline, you're delusional.

Yes, and that's exactly my point. I don't care about the Organization, therefor I don't care about the spin-off game that is 358/2 Days. It will reveal a few interesting things, I'm sure, but it doesn't excite me because it's centered around characters that I don't care about. Xion will surely have disappeared by the end of 358/2 Days, and I won't care.

Birth By Sleep does look interesting despite not being about Sora and friends, but that has a lot to do with the fact that it's at least a breath of fresh air from all the Organization business. It's not the characters I love, but it's at least something different and has potential to answer much bigger questions than Days does.
Roxas returning to Sora is the end result. We still don't know why he left in the 1st place. Roxas left way before his last seven days that were in kh2 and probably well before he started having his thoughts about sora. The reason why he started having them in his last seven days was because sora was close to waking up.

Saix scar of course isn't a main plotline but is still a question that the core fans would like answered

Xigbar knowledge of terra aqua and ven i think is very huge as this leads to believe that diz knew of them as well(which is pretty much confirmed due to mickey's and diz relationship) Also xigbar being one of diz apprentice also leads leadway to the terra=kh2 xehanort theory.

And yes xion is obviously a way of attracting people to the game. But the fact is she exists and is VERY important to the storyline as there has to be a GOOD reason on why she exists. Nomura can't simply say she is kairi's nobody as it's already been established namine is. Couple this with the fact that she is very close to roxas and axel yet they both don't mention her at all nomura has to have a reason for this. Wether you like the concept of xion or not doesn't change the fact that the revealing of her storyline and how she is killed/disappears/etc is very important to the story of kingdom hearts.

Also i would love to have some backstory on demyx larxene and xladin. They all had what 7 mins each?

Edit- Here is the brand new trailer for days. It's showing in front of japan's game stores. The game is a month away in japan. SORA DONALD AND GOOFY ARE PLAYABLE. O YEA!
http://dic.nicovideo.jp/v/sm6885103

From the vid it looks like xion fight with her keyblade one handed not 2 handed like roxas does. Her fighting style resembles xion a bit. Coincidence? O and 3.40-55 OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Roxas returning to Sora is the end result. We still don't know why he left in the 1st place. Roxas left way before his last seven days that were in kh2 and probably well before he started having his thoughts about sora. The reason why he started having them in his last seven days was because sora was close to waking up.
That's not what I'm referring to at all. When I say he starts to feel and is drawn back to Sora, I'm talking about while he's still in The Organization. He talks to Axel about feeling like he has a heart and how he's leaving to go be complete. That happens before he's captured by Riku.

Saix scar of course isn't a main plotline but is still a question that the core fans would like answered
I really don't see why. Why can't that just by a phsical characteristic? Again, if people care about Saix's scar, do they care about Xigbar's eye patch? Do they care about Axel's facial tattoos? They don't matter. There's no reason we would need to know where Saix's scar came from. It might as well be an incredibly coincidental birth mark.

Xigbar knowledge of terra aqua and ven i think is very huge as this leads to believe that diz knew of them as well(which is pretty much confirmed due to mickey's and diz relationship) Also xigbar being one of diz apprentice also leads leadway to the terra=kh2 xehanort theory.
There are other things that hint at the Terra = Xehanort thing just as much if not more (the similar hair, the glowing yellow eyes, the reference to Aqua's armor, the fact that Nomura stated that BBS is specifically meant to tell Xehanort's story, etc). The fact that Xigbar knew Terra (or, more generally, just knew past keyblade masters), is practically moot with all things considered. I'd like to find out more about Terra regardless of whether or not he's Xehanort, so his relationship to Xigbar isn't very compelling to me.

And yes xion is obviously a way of attracting people to the game. But the fact is she exists and is VERY important to the storyline as there has to be a GOOD reason on why she exists. Nomura can't simply say she is kairi's nobody as it's already been established namine is. Wether you like the concept of xion or not doesn't change the fact that the revealing of her storyline is very important to the series of kingdom hearts.
Yes, I know she's important now. When Nomura dangled her in front of me, a thousand questions popped up, and I would like them all answered. But my point is, that's all 358/2 Days is about to me. Getting answers. I want to know what happens to Xion for the sake of comprehension, but I don't actually care what happens to her. That's the problem. I'm so tired of the Org. nonsense that I've become completely apathetic toward them. I cared about Sora risking his life for his friends. I cared about Riku succumbing to the darkness. I cared about Kairi being captured and put in danger (to an extent). I do not care about Xion. She will surely be dead by the end of 358/2 and I won't miss her at all. And because of that, I wish Nomura wouldn't waste our time by throwing her into the story in the first place. I wish he would have just let the Organization be what it was and given us KH3 already. If I may make a terrible pun, I would like a game with some heart again, not just a game with lots of characters and plot twists for the sake of mystery.

Jesus, that's a lot of words. Sorry for the intense amount of ranting.

Top Bottom