• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kingdom Hearts [SPOILERS]

Darkslash

Smash Master
I don't know why but people seem to under rate 358/2 days. Maybe its because of the title.
My thoughts on the 358/2 bit

1)Co-Op I'm really looking froward to this. Orginization XIII members duking it out on this 1 heartless. Plus :27: flying Xigbar WEEEEEEEEEE. Its going to be fun eliminating Heartless with Marluxia scathe.

2)Xion: holy ****ing hell is it just me or does that look like Aqua? I just had to LOL because that the first black haired person that's a main character in a kingdom hearts game that i played o_0. Is she like the 5TH CHARACTER TO USE THE GODDAM KINGDOM KEY?
Plus is Xion going to be a Boss fight?
I mean Namine didn't look like kairi at all and she's her nobody.
PLUS: Some reports say that the Kingdom Key that Xion uses is Roxas. If thats true maybe its a build up to the point where he gets Oblivion and OathKeeper.

3) Jealous Axel?: If this is true then my Lulz are justified. Axel is jealous that Xion is taking up Roxas's time with him. But reports are that Axel is just getting her back.

4) Namine and DiZ and Riku conversation: some thing about Sora.

EDIT+: 5) Dying Xion? and Riku: Lol Riku in love?
don't kill me

EDIT: What i'm really impressed is that Square is going to put in Kingdom Hearts 2 graphic Cut scenes.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
2)Xion: holy ****ing hell is it just me or does that look like Aqua? I just had to LOL because that the first black haired person that's a main character in a kingdom hearts game that i played o_0. Is she like the 5TH CHARACTER TO USE THE GODDAM KINGDOM KEY?
After playing Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, the new trend is for Nomura to recycle character designs and characters themselves for story purposes, so I wouldn't put it past Nomura for Xion and Aqua to be linked. I hope Nomura's going somewhere with this. The new games should give us some more insight on the Keyblade War.

EDIT: Maybe Xion isn't dying. Maybe she's returning back to her original self like how Roxas returned to Sora.

Darkslash

Smash Master
When Roxas went back to sora he just said

"Looks like my Vacation is over" In no pain what so ever if i remember.

Xion looks like she's dying. she can't even open her eyes.

Edit: Isn't it kinda strange that Terra looks ALOT like Zack Fair? Hell Terra's even got a abnormally huge Keyblade compared to the average one. Like Zack's Buster Sword.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
When Roxas went back to sora he just said

"Looks like my Vacation is over" In no pain what so ever if i remember.

Xion looks like she's dying. she can't even open her eyes.

Edit: Isn't it kinda strange that Terra looks ALOT like Zack Fair? Hell Terra's even got a abnormally huge Keyblade compared to the average one. Like Zack's Buster Sword.
I suppose Terra looks like Zack, but you gotta remember that this is Nomura here, spiky haired protagonists are the norm. :)

Darkslash

Smash Master

They even have almost matching tops. But terra has 1 shoulder pad and Zack has 2. And Zack shirt is purple and Terra's is Blackish Grey.

There is one problem I have with Nomura above everything else. ****ING ZIPPERS.
Orginization XIII new Logo= Zippers and Hoodies, Zippers and Hoodies!
My friend and i were talking about Org XIII and he started saying that, so between us it was Org XIII logo

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1...S reports/Xigbar__s_Discovery_by_psycrowe.jpg

Its true and its impossible for a kingdom hearts fan not to laugh at this.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Am I the only one who hopes that Nomura ties in the final Final Fantasy game (around the 15th or 16th according to him) with the Final Kingdom Hearts game?

/offtopic

Nomura needs to learn to make costumes without fifty zippers, buckles, and belts.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Am I the only one who hopes that Nomura ties in the final Final Fantasy game (around the 15th or 16th according to him) with the Final Kingdom Hearts game?
That'd be cool to see some FF XIII or FF XII in there. We NEED some Enix characters.

Don't forget belts and buckles! Nomura loves his belts and buckles.
Nomura needs to learn to make costumes without fifty zippers, buckles, and belts.
As someone who wears a belt everyday, I don't find it annoying. Even if I never wore belts outside formal occasions, it still wouldn't bother me as much as those zippers.

http://www.kh2.co.uk/assets/kh/artwork/026.jpg
Seriously, on the god-****ed hat! What, there wasn't enough on the vest and it's pockets to suit him or something?

He wasn't so bad on Parasite Eve, when did this start?

Darkslash

Smash Master
Well Kingdom hearts style seems to based on Zippers,Buckles and Hoodies.

Is it bad that i like it?

[offtopic]
Zippers and Hoodies, WE NEED MOAR ZIPPERS AND HOODIES FOR KINGDOM HEARTZ!!!
[/offtopic]

Edit: We forgot about Turtle necks. Every one in KH and FF love turtle necks.

Another EDIT: Is it also just me or if any thing is sperated like say a cuff they put zippers on it. I'm like wtf...

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
It's been several years since the last (central) kingdom hearts came out. Kingdom hearts 2 came out only 2 years after the original.

Why haven't we heard of anything about the keyblade wars that were teased at the end of KH2?

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
It's been several years since the last (central) kingdom hearts came out. Kingdom hearts 2 came out only 2 years after the original.

Why haven't we heard of anything about the keyblade wars that were teased at the end of KH2?
We have.

It's called Birth by Sleep.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
We have.

It's called Birth by Sleep.
Do you really think that Kingdom Hearts 2 was teasing at Birth by Sleep when they showed that keyblade cemetary at the end of hard mode?

This is the game we all want to see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4q3QiUZ8sA

EDIT: O.K., Birth By Sleep was being teased at I guess, but the mere fact that it's on the PSP lowers my expectations, as it lacks the hardware strength to play a game with the graphics of the trailer.

Rant: Why on earth would Square Enix put his on the PSP? the thing has half the install base of the DS, and is widely speculated to be due for an upgrade to PSP2. Not only that, but the graphics of the PSP are nothing compared to the Playstation 3, and this is the only playstation game that I can think of that actually does sell systems. With an insane Kingdom Hearts cult following to equal Zelda, the hardware sales of the PS3 would probably skyrocket if this came out on the PS3, because frankly, this game makes me want a PS3 more than all the other exclusives combined. Seriously, me and I'd imagine a huge number of other fans would pay hundreds of dollars to play Kingdom Hearts at CGI level graphics.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Do you really think that Kingdom Hearts 2 was teasing at Birth by Sleep when they showed that keyblade cemetary at the end of hard mode?

This is the game we all want to see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4q3QiUZ8sA

EDIT: O.K., Birth By Sleep was being teased at I guess, but the mere fact that it's on the PSP lowers my expectations, as it lacks the hardware strength to play a game with the graphics of the trailer.
...Thats not the game...

That's a trailer for the game. KH has FMV's like in the ending. That could be just an intro for all we know.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Square-Enix said that it was teasing at Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep, as was the "knight" optional boss from KH2FM+, who played a similar role to that of Xemnas in the original KHFM- to promote the upcoming game in a non-canonical way.

About the graphics, the trailer doesn't mean anything really. That's like comparing the graphics of the KH intro to the actual gameplay, which is the actual thing that matters. Screenshots show that it's a pretty game- definitely more so than the original.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Square-Enix said that it was teasing at Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep, as was the "knight" optional boss from KH2FM+, who played a similar role to that of Xemnas in the original KHFM- to promote the upcoming game in a non-canonical way.

About the graphics, the trailer doesn't mean anything really. That's like comparing the graphics of the KH intro to the actual gameplay, which is the actual thing that matters. Screenshots show that it's a pretty game- definitely more so than the original.
What lowers my expectations is that I do not own a PSP, nor do I intend to buy one. Also, I was expecting a game on the PS3 which destroyed the line between CGI and in-game, and clearly Birth by Sleep is not going to do that.

Maybe Final Fantasy Versus XIII will destroy that line and make me buy a PS3. But unless it gains the cult following of Final Fantasy VII, I don't see me buying a PS3 for it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Maybe Final Fantasy Versus XIII will destroy that line and make me buy a PS3. But unless it gains the cult following of Final Fantasy VII, I don't see me buying a PS3 for it.
Considering the way Nomura designs games, he caters for the fans.
So expect cliches and service that the majority of fans want.

I like his games and all, but they bring in a lot of people who are fanboy idiots.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Bah, this is the guy who doesn't put FF characters from 1-6 and 9 in Kingdom Hearts for some mundane reason that's probably a lie anyway. He doesn't always caters to the fans.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Bah, this is the guy who doesn't put FF characters from 1-6 and 9 in Kingdom Hearts for some mundane reason that's probably a lie anyway. He doesn't always caters to the fans.
I meant his fans (fans of his own creations). LOL
Setzer was not well represented in KH2. (Goes and plays FF VI)

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I meant his fans (fans of his own creations). LOL

So he's just a younger version of Miyamoto, except he puts style over substance? lol

Setzer was not well represented in KH2. (Goes and plays FF VI)
Actually, I'm one of the few people who LIKED KH2 Setzer. He was womanizer with bad fashion sense in VI, why not in Kingdom Hearts even if it was exaggerated. Now Vivi on the other hand got the short end of the stick.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
So he's just a younger version of Miyamoto, except he puts style over substance? lol

Actually, I'm one of the few people who LIKED KH2 Setzer. He was womanizer with bad fashion sense in VI, why not in Kingdom Hearts even if it was exaggerated. Now Vivi on the other hand got the short end of the stick.
Sometimes I really wish I knew more about these characters outside of kingdom hearts.

I never liked CGI. Sure it's awesome, but it's also a lie. Unless I can do the CGI in game, but games are never made that way. I'm really hoping that one of the future square enix titles is the first to finally stop needing CGI, seeing as they've always been the worst abusers of it. Do you thing Versus will be that game? Maybe Kingdom Hearts 3?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
No way. They're not going to even think about KH3 until Days and Birth By Sleep are officially in the can. Don't expect a console Kingdom Hearts game for years.

I don't give a **** about Days because it's just going to be Org XIII fanservice and pointless plot holes twists (Xion? WHAT THE ****?)

Birth By Sleep looks mildly promising, but I don't own a PSP, and I'd really prefer not to buy one just for one game.

Life is unfair.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm excited for Birth By Sleep.
The game looks pretty good.

358/2 days doesn't look too bad either.
That'll be fun to try out.

KH3 probably won't be released for another couple years I'd say, probably longer.
I'm hoping Nomura doesn't try to draw out the story too much. I wouldn't want KH's story to drag on for too long.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero

/offtopic

OMG I was talking about this a few days ago.

Imo, KH would have been infinitely better if Disney had no part in it at all, and instead of going through the Disney worlds, you go through all the FF worlds.

That would be phenomenal.

That'd be cool to see some FF XIII or FF XII in there. We NEED some Enix characters.
Or 2-9 >__>

Like, ****, even X-2 got more love than 6 and 9.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I'm excited for Birth By Sleep.
The game looks pretty good.

358/2 days doesn't look too bad either.
That'll be fun to try out.

KH3 probably won't be released for another couple years I'd say, probably longer.
I'm hoping Nomura doesn't try to draw out the story too much. I wouldn't want KH's story to drag on for too long.
Don't you think they were already dragging the story out a bit long with Kingdom Hearts 2?

Imo, KH would have been infinitely better if Disney had no part in it at all, and instead of going through the Disney worlds, you go through all the FF worlds.

No.

Don't get me wrong, the Kingdom Hearts storyline is great. However, it's only because it is broken up by Disney movies that we can appreciate the grandeur of the plot and the significance of something worse than the destruction of a single world - that being the destruction of all worlds. Also, the biggest problem with JRPGs is that they feel like reading a novel, and to be honest, every part of Kingdom Hearts that wasn't part of a Disney movie ws almost invariably too drawn out. I would not want 70 hours of just plot points in a Kingdom Hearts game.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I can't stand it when people say things like this. Frankly, it's just asinine. If you want Final Fantasy, play Final Fantasy. I love Kingdom Hearts' original plot (as riddled with holes as it is) and characters (well, you can keep Org. XIII), but without the Disney elements, it's just a Final Fantasy game without the swords and chocobos.

Sorry, I just get hyper about that. I know it's just your opinion, but it's so absurd. It's like saying Resident Evil would be better if you could just shoot real people instead of the undead. Zombies are half the point!

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999

*sits on you*

No no a thousand times NO! It won't be Kingdom Hearts, it'll just be another generic Final Fantasy game.

Besides, if you want to play a Final Fantasy crossover, wait for Dissidia.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
*sits on you*

No no a thousand times NO! It won't be Kingdom Hearts, it'll just be another generic Final Fantasy game.

Besides, if you want to play a Final Fantasy crossover, wait for Dissidia.
Now that I think about it though, I don't know why Kingdom Hearts is popular. It has a ton of plotholes, no individual story is any better than any other licensed movie game, it's generic when the mediocre movie elements are removed, and ultimately, the game tells you that all your efforts are hopeless, as it is impossible to defeat the heartless without removing all the darkness from the hearts of everyone, while also telling you the heartless will never stop attacking your character until you fail in your mission. Not even Disney would seriously propose an ending where all the darkness from the hearts of every character you meet in every one of their franchises is eliminated. Thus, ultimately the rules of the game world demonstrate that at some point, you are guarenteed to fail by probability alone.

At that point, I kind of wonder why I don't just let the universe fall to darkness and save myself the trouble of opposing the inevitable.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
The same reason Mario is popular despite its lol-fest story.

Gameplay
Well, that's just it. Technically, the gameplay is repetitive, magic requires fussing with command bars, and I actually was kind of annoyed with the way the Heartless seem to ignore everyone except you.

I guess it's like the way I can't name a single thing I like about Zelda, but when I start to play it everything I found annoying, such as the combat, the puzzles, etc., starts being awesome again.

WeeGeeSmash

Smash Apprentice
As much as I like the KH series, Does anyone feel that Disney is showing that their emo side?
Simba in KH2 is super depressed...It was very annoying to watch.
Herc as well.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
I am afraid to ask but what were the plot holes?

I really like the kingdom hearts series. I think most people find the gameplay to be the best part. Also I feel the Disney characters add something to the game.

I also like chain of memories for the GBA. A lot of people hated the card system but I enjoyed it. It was fast paced but you couldn't just mash the a button. There was strategy involved but the fights were still quick.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master

I really like the kingdom hearts series. I think most people find the gameplay to be the best part. Also I feel the Disney characters add something to the game.

I also like chain of memories for the GBA. A lot of people hated the card system but I enjoyed it. It was fast paced but you couldn't just mash the a button. There was strategy involved but the fights were still quick.
Just about every entrance and exit from a Disney World was unfluid to say the least. Any problems with the logic of the plot of the original movies would also likely appear (which is why the Alice in Wonderland level makes the most logistic sense of any level plotwise).

Xehanort's motivations are completely unexpained - he is introduced as simply having no memory, and thus, comes out of nowhere as far as story is concerned (hopefully explained by "birth by sleep")

We have no idea why Sora has a keyblade (once again hopefully explained by birth by sleep, but probably not)

For some reason, Square Enix decided to assume everyone played chain of memories when deciding not to mention why there are only seven (?) members in the thirteen member oragnization XIII.

And once again, the plot hole that a universe constantly beseiged by darkness must eventually fall by mere probability, and cannot exist for any extended period of time, because if darkness were to ever succeed even once, it would rule eternally. When considering there must have been many times when an elite group of nobodies form like organization XIII, as there have always been Heartless and Nobodies, and it is impossible for the universe to have not fallen at least a few times in it's history.

At least with Legend of Zelda, you can assume Link always wins because of the natural order of Hyrule and the relationship between the triforce. With Kingdom Hearts, you're left to assume a select group of elites can fend off an infinite army through perpetual warfare.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
As much as I like the KH series, Does anyone feel that Disney is showing that their emo side?
Simba in KH2 is super depressed...It was very annoying to watch.
Herc as well.
Well... Nomura did direct it. LOL
(I'm only joking)

But yeah, I hated how depressed some of the Disney characters were.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Every man and his dog was related to Ansem, who wasn't really Ansem, but was a part of Ansem, but not the real Ansem but an associate of Ansem. That is a problem with it's plot. The series has a boatload of characters, and you know the history of like 5 of them.

The thing with KH is the gameplay- it's too easy for the most part, and it basically becomes a button masher later on, being able to take down the final boss by casting Aero, jumping and slashing it, healing when necessary and rinse and repeat. The difficulty curve of the original was none existent, it starting easy, going hard around Deep Jungle to Agrabah, going easy again until Monstro (which was a pain), then the rest being easy, the final stage being pathetically easy in difficulty.

Also, Kingdom Hearts would fail without Disney- without that it's popularity would decrease immensely, and most people would then expect it to be a traditional RPG, then they'd want an MMORPG spin off, and then they'd want the full cast of FFVII.

Kingdom Hearts is an amazing concept on paper, the gameplay and plot lets it down.

Top Bottom