• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Introduce yourself unknown players thread.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
I'm Kane and I play space animals

I'm just a nerdy stoner kid from Ohio

I really just wanna play with as many people as possible, I don't give a **** if I win or not, this game is just too fun

Shoopman

Smash Journeyman
I love how this is half joke topic and half not. It's kinda counter-productive though. Anyone who frequents this board will already know everyone who posts here, and everyone who doesn't frequent this board will never see the topic. Still a good thread though :D

Anyway, I am the mighty Shoopman. I play Marth, but not well. I want to be the very best, but that will probably never happen, so I'll just get as good as I can and have fun with the game.

Rappster

Smash Ace
I'm rapp.
thats my last name, but thats what i go by.
freshman year, i found out about competive melee.
then i moved to torrance, which is like the least competitive part of socal.
hosted my third tournament yesterday

Jimbo Slice

Smash Journeyman
I'm Bob Seiger and I'm from Ann Arbor, Michigan.

I am actually from Michigan. The west side of the state and in an area that is secluded from any sort of scene. I play Fawks, Sheik, and Falcon. I dabble in Marth and Falco. I love this game.

ArstNeio

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone, my name's Will. I main Samus and secondary everyone else, basically. Got a lot of learning on all the other characters because that's how I sandbagged when I was teaching new players ATs and higher level gameplay.

I was born in Montreal and I'm a Canadian at heart (yeah!), but I now live in north-central NJ and go to school at Columbia, in NYC. I play Smash a lot at Columbia, but right now most people I play with are on campus. I really hope to branch out more and take better advantage of the fact that I live in an area with lots of Smashers. Not everyone is as lucky as I am, so I don't want to waste it by not playing more people.

I used to hate this game because a lot of friends played it all the time and I didn't get why but then I realized it's actually really deep and fun so hear I am.

Oh also I enjoy some Brawl Minus here and there because it's super awesomeness. Brawl Minus Zelda has severely handicapped my Melee Zelda though, lols, I always go for those super extended hitboxes on all my attacks only to realize they don't exist in Melee :(

Vyzor

Smash Journeyman
I'm CloneHat in Ontario, where there are no Melee tournaments. I thought this was annoying, so I hold monthlies for everyone (which is like 10-15 people).
Hey, you should join us over in St. Marys Ontario for our tournies. They raappeeeeee.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I play Shiek and Samus.

Brawl has made me really rusty at this game.

Purtle

Smash Journeyman
I'm Purtle and I'm an alcoholic.

Not really, I've actually never drank, i'm too young.

Anyways, I'm pretty average at melee, better than everyone i play with though. I use Puff and Doc.
I dislike brawl to a very high degree. I actually prefer 64 over melee because I am much better at 64 than melee. I wish there were more tourneys or opportunities to play 64 with people who are good. ;_;

nube

Smash Apprentice
I'm Nube, I've been playing Melee for a long time w/ some friends, and we just found out about the competitive scene late in 2009. Now we get together and play competitively all the time.

I can play basically every character well, but I'd say my main is falco, though i play a decent/high-level fox, shiek, marth and samus. I also like playing captain falcon and mewtwo for fun.

Anyways, I'm starting to get involved in the melee hacking scene, everyone should go check that out: (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=247119
It really makes playing the game 10x funner when you got custom stages, costumes and music. ^^

Wo1f

Smash Apprentice
I like the idea of this thread.

I'm Wolf or Demigod, haven't decided on a name for Melee yet because I picked up Demigod quite recently so its been a battle. I hail from the not-even-close-to-great Long Island where that is almost no smash and not being in college yet, travel is hard. I love melee over the other two and main Marth but also use Jigglypuff or even Sheik if I have to. I'm pretty good with Marth, relatively, but I never get the chance to play against persons, only computers, and all my friends that do play I end up beating. Space Animals are cheaper than Marth and I refuse to use them. I can't wait to finally attend Revival of Melee.

Return

Smash Apprentice
I'm James, I played smash when I was younger for fun, like most people.
But some kids at my brought a cube and smash to play this year at school during a free period, and me being the competitive person I am, looked up some advanced techniques.
So I've only been playing for about 7 months, and I've only played my main, fox, for about 3 months. I would say I'm pretty decent for a beginner and I would like to get better and play more competitive people.

Oh yeah, and Socal represent.

L__

Smash Master
UHM.

NorCal.

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I'll become NorCal's elite eventually.

Roflwaffle

Smash Rookie
Hi. I'm Anthony from Richmond, Virginia.

Been playing smash competitively since 2007 with Marth. Took a break and went to Japan for a while, got crappy at melee again and here I am. If anyone is in the near University of Richmond or VCU, let me know so we can play :).

joeplicate

Smash Master
I'm rapp.
thats my last name, but thats what i go by.
freshman year, i found out about competive melee.
then i moved to torrance, which is like the least competitive part of socal.
hosted my third tournament yesterday
dude, you live in torrance??

that's tight, i'm living in rancho palos verdes for the summer :):):)

wanna play smash sometime???

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
I'm MarioMariox2 (IRL Name: Miguel)

I'm Filipino and 15 ATM.
Evergreen area, San Jose, CA.
I main Mario and Falco. Secondary Marth.

My Smash history is on a couple of other topics so I won't post it here.
I want to take Mario to the next level like Brown Mario and Eggz.
At the same time I wanna be a good Filipino Falco like Lunin.
Marth is beast too, he's my Blawl main, I guess. Go SephirothKen!
Mario is heavily underrated and in super theory bros is better than Doc IMHO.

I'm mostly a fighting gamer. Jin, and Bruce Le-- I mean, Law for Tekken (depends on tier position lol). Shotos (Ryu/Ken/Akuma) for Street Fighter.
I play Counter-Strike and GunZ for shooters. Bemani games for rhythm. Gran Turismo and Kart racers for Racing. In essence, I play all genres.

Going to my 4th tourney this Sunday (CF 8).

I'm also trying to be better at IRL Karting, Tennis, and am learning MA and Freerunning.

Whew. I think that's all. For now....

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
My name is Bernard. I'm 20 and live in Toronto. My main is Fox.

I've been playing for smash for 6 and a half years, and I'm still not tired of it. :laugh:

Nice to meet you all, and welcome to the community.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I'm Grim Tuesday. I play all 3 Smash games, as well as BlazBlue and Soul Calibur.
My mains in those games are:
SSB64: Ness
SSBM: Jigglypuff, Ice Climbers, Ganondorf, Mr. Game and Watch
SSBB: Everyone (Mainly Meta-Knight, Snake and Wario)

I have been playing each game since it was released.

I live in South Australia with my parents, I am 14 years old.

My current goals are to advance Master Hand's meta-game, learn how to use every character in Melee and 64, finish the fighting game I am creating: Deviant, become a professional Air Hockey player, and become a recognized Smash player.

keeper

Smash Champion
-I'm "keeper" and I live in Oregon where it rains a lot, smashers are few and far between (suburbs everywhere), and no one drives.

-I main Sheik and am a reformed Brawl kid (though I started out with Melee back in December 2007). I secondary Samus because I'm somewhat of a Metroid fanboy.

-I'm 17 and have been been playing since I was 15. I'm okay, I suppose, but I wish I was better. I try to have solid fundamentals and learn most of my stuff vicariously. I stress technical consistency, but mess up too much for my liking.

-I tend to know silly facts about the game, though not on the level of Magus, M2K, or people like Silent Wolf or Lovage. I know a lot of silly frame data and try to use it to my advantage during matches.

-I'm usually one of the smallest people at a tournament.

-I <3 Smash and hope you all have a good day.

Zone

Smash Champion
I'm Zone I suck :D Nobody knows me, except Atlantic South maybe.

Also I might be moving to australia or Japan in about a year. Dunno which one yet.

UnholyWeapon

Smash Apprentice
I'm Jake from south texas, play mostly SSB online and console, but i play a lot of melee on console too. I've been playing smash since Ssb came out not competetively till recetly. Oh and I love falco and jiggys.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
I'm X WaNtEd X or just "WANTED" for short. (the x's make my name look cooler =p)

I'm 16 and I only play melee and main luigi. I need some people to play in MA at the moment. All my friends quit playing so I've been stuck only playing in training mode for the last 2 months. So if you know about anywhere to just play casually in MA, hit me up.

MooseEatsBear

Smash Journeyman
I'm MooseEatsBear, (Moose, or ~~~~~~~~~~, my real name) I've spent some time getting good at Melee, but I'm still a scrub. I've discovered a glitch, and I've posted some bad videos an YouTube(under the same name). I'm ~~~~~~, and sadly won't be attending Apex 2010 like I intended. I'm a smasher in ~~~~, around ~~~~, ~~~~, and ~~~~, I can't smash that often though, because I don't have a~~~~~~~~~~~~. Any time someone wants to hit me up, use my AIM, once again, same name. I'm good as Falco, Falcon, Samus, and Peach. I try to be technical, I break while I'm being pressured (as in "in-game" pressure), and I've been told I'm not bad at pressuring myself. I've been to two tournies, and one smashfest. I was probably the worst person each time, but I'm steadily getting better. I am the most active ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ on ~~~~~~. And there's not really much else to say.

Edit: redacted

Last edited:

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
My name is Kline. My tag is pronounced [K.O]+[Star] Kaos 4 shizort.
I live and Washington and I main Mewtwo, and play Fox and Marth.

I want to become a widely known respected mewtwo player, I want enough tech skill to be considered technical.

Top Bottom