• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Thanks for the advice Framerate. I know she's not that bad, but she definitely takes more work thank characters like MK... Jigglypuff is pretty high maintenance.

MK, Fox, Jiggz and Snake are really the only characters I enjoy playing as (I'm working hard on my Sonic with every chance I get though). I don't really use Fox in tournies because of Pikas, Jiggz is rough because I can't practice without a Wii, Snake I really don't know. I tried using him in friendlies at Chula Vista, but I got ***** hard. The only characters I did well with (In friendlies) were Fox and MK. Peach too I guess.

I haven't been very active on Smash Boards because of my hiatus from playing. Chula Vista was my first tournament in probably 3+ months. I've mostly been playing Street Fighter. @_@

Metatitan

Smash Master
That diddy wasn't very smart xD. He could have just side B'd to grab the ledge instead of challenging your Nair like that :laugh:

Framerate

Smash Lord
I think there were a couple times my nair hit him through his side-b, cause I know it can. But it is true that he should have mixed up his recovery a bit. We played a bunch of matches that day and that was somewhere in the middle. Friendlies + early gimp / lots of matches = ah **** it. I'm pretty sure he just kinda gave up, but still :3

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
so like we need to vote. Im going to a hobo, not sure which one yet cuz of schedule. Should I use jiggz at all in the tourny? or just friendlies? I will try to at least use her in friendlies and try to get offline footage replays since bowyer was a tard' and removed all of his =/

y/n

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Captain Falcon says "YES!".

I'm planning on using only Jiggs/Ganon tomorrow at the tourney I'm going to. We need representation!

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I think i will go puff in doubles, that way i wont have to worry about killing.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Hi, just thought I might introduce myself since Jigglypuff is my 4th favorite character to use in Brawl. I might start posting here some since I figure that since I've been using her for a while, I should meet the Jiggs community.

I also might use her some in teams at HOBO 17, since she seems pretty good for teams.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Yesterday, I fought a scrubby Lucas and he SDI'ed out of Dair. Has that ever happened to anyone?

Metatitan

Smash Master
Yesterday, I fought a scrubby Lucas and he SDI'ed out of Dair. Has that ever happened to anyone?

Yep.

As to the jiggs decent in teams, there are much better options than jigglypuff.

Jigglypuff is viable in three situations:

1. Wifi (pseudo hitstun and it allows you to have a consistent KO move, rollout)
2. Teams (grab rest)
3. Playing crappy opponents

PND

Smash Champion
Yeah, it depends on where you hit the dair on them. I've dair'd people offstage and had them SDI higher than where they were when I started the dair. :(

But if you hit with the meat of the dair, on stage, there's little chance of getting out.

Framerate

Smash Lord
I had some awesome doubles matches recorded from doubles grand finals (we took second :( )

But as with every good video of me, something went wrong...

I friggin perfect rested Shugo's spin dash....

PND

Smash Champion
Discussion plundered from the other topic.

Do you think MK is banworthy?

Personally, I find the thought laughable. Look at the Genesis and APEX results, they're proof that MK isn't over centralizing the metagame, and proof that he's not unstoppable.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I've been relatively neutral on this matter (since I'm not winning with Puff or Ganon anyway), but after re-examining the Pro-Ban's arguments, I've been swayed to become Pro-Ban as well.

GO SNAKE!

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Discussion plundered from the other topic.

Do you think MK is banworthy?

Personally, I find the thought laughable. Look at the Genesis and APEX results, they're proof that MK isn't over centralizing the metagame, and proof that he's not unstoppable.
I don't really care either way. Altho its unfair he plays good on every stage and has no bad matchups, but on the other hand its not like he has a 70:30 on 90% on the cast. Some matchups like Snake and Wario are almost even.

Regardless, for the first time... I voted pro ban.

Because

1. It's not going to happen
2. I was bribed. :lick:

PND

Smash Champion
I have read the arguments, and my posts may sound condescending but I'm genuinely curious.

However, I feel the recent string of tourney results is enough proof that, at least for the current metagame, he is not broken beyond reproach. And by such, is not bannable. Every fighting game has a best character, this is no different. I find him comparable to Fox and Sheik in Melee -- he limits a lot of the roster, but can be beat at top level play. Fox had no disadvantages either, and he's still around.

And Metaknight may not have "bad" stages, but your character likely has stages they excel at. Instead of trying to gimp the opposing metaknight with a stage choice, just pick the one that will benefit your character the most. I don't see the stage issue as really compelling, to be honest. I mean, heck, does Game and Watch have a "bad" stage? Does Wario? Hell, I would argue Snake doesn't even really have "bad" stages either.

My 2cents

Metatitan

Smash Master
I have read the arguments, and my posts may sound condescending but I'm genuinely curious.

However, I feel the recent string of tourney results is enough proof that, at least for the current metagame, he is not broken beyond reproach. And by such, is not bannable. Every fighting game has a best character, this is no different. I find him comparable to Fox and Sheik in Melee -- he limits a lot of the roster, but can be beat at top level play. Fox had no disadvantages either, and he's still around.

And Metaknight may not have "bad" stages, but your character likely has stages they excel at. Instead of trying to gimp the opposing metaknight with a stage choice, just pick the one that will benefit your character the most. I don't see the stage issue as really compelling, to be honest. I mean, heck, does Game and Watch have a "bad" stage? Does Wario? Hell, I would argue Snake doesn't even really have "bad" stages either.

My 2cents
The main difference between fox and sheik and mk is that mk doesn't have ANY bad matchups or stages. Competitive smash really was kind've built on counterpicking (which we wouldn't bother with if chars didn't have bad stages) and mk destroys that system. The closest you'll get to a bad stage for mk is Halberd when he's facing snake, and even then it's not that bad for the mk player. So yeah if you don't see being able to take your opponent to a stage where you have a higher chance of winning and therefore another chance to reevaluate their style and possibly win the third match then by all means counterpicks are no big deal.

PND

Smash Champion
MK being good on all stages doesn't directly correlate to him being the BEST on all those stages. Snake is better than MK on Halberd, DDD would be better on let's say CS, Kirby better on Pictochat. DK and Falco are better on Japes.

And he may have advantages on the entire cast, but that doesn't make him the BEST character to pick against every character. MK is rarely a characters WORST matchup.

Thus I would argue he doesn't break the counterpick system, aside from being simply the SAFEST choice in any given scenario.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Banning Meta Knight will for the most part eliminate Jiggs's tourney viability. Every MK main that becomes a Snake, DDD, Marth, Wario, or G&W is a harder bracket for her.

I don't care if you have philosophical reasons for or against the ban, as I do. However, it is important that everyone recognize this. No character besides Meta Knight himself is as negatively affected by a Meta Knight ban as Jigglypuff, that is a fact we have to deal with regardless of our stances.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Banning Meta Knight will for the most part eliminate Jiggs's tourney viability. Every MK main that becomes a Snake, DDD, Marth, Wario, or G&W is a harder bracket for her.

I don't care if you have philosophical reasons for or against the ban, as I do. However, it is important that everyone recognize this. No character besides Meta Knight himself is as negatively affected by a Meta Knight ban as Jigglypuff, that is a fact we have to deal with regardless of our stances.
Jiggs to mk is around 35:65. Banning him won't make her any less garbage lol

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Jiggs to mk is around 35:65. Banning him won't make her any less garbage lol
It's 45:55, and it won't make her any less garbage, but not having Metaknight banned is a lot better than having those players choose harder matchups for us.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Saying Jiggs vs. MK is 65:35 MK is simply laughable. We've been over this, if it isn't even it's darn close. Saturday I almost beat Affinity, who is a better player than me. There are only five MKs in my entire region that I wouldn't money match.

Framerate

Smash Lord
Yeah my major reason for being anti-ban is fear of all the new snake players. Although, if they all pick up G&W then no worries :)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Guys, the day has come!!!!!!!! The FINAL metaknight vote is underway in the SBR and in a gernal brawl Disc board. This is your chance to eliminate metaknight ONCE AND FOR ALL. As a fellow low tier i think we understand metaknight needs to go. So please join the PRO-BAN side and vote metaknight out of this game.

Cold Fusion

I doubt many Jigglypuff users want MetaKight banned. With him banned, our actual problem match-ups will be more common.

Cold Fusion

Well this is just a question I have and I am pretty sure some one here can answer. How effective is planking with Jigglypuff?

Top Bottom