• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
trajectory wise
brawl rest> melee rest> b+ rest

if brawl rest killed as early as melee rest, it would be broken because u could not punish it. buuuut it sux :(
90% sure he meant that if they die, they can just come back and attack you on their next stock while you are still sleeping. It's fast enough that that does happen.
^ That is what I meant. And nice sig Spoonbob <3

Glick

Smash Lord
Well have fun playing a shallow game. Hopefully you never get good enough to realize how bad the game really is :p
Ok, I will.

Have fun stalling clocks and stealing money from people who try not to exploit the horrible truth of the game. Its totally their fault though. They should all just play defensive meta.

Well, I'm going to a brawl+ tourny on saturday, and hoping to get some serious friendlies sometime this week to practice for it.

Some big names will be showing up.

If I get a chance I'll do some recording and put that online for you guys.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Isn't this section of the forum for Jiggs in brawl, not brawl+?
This is a general discussion, which means that the discussion can be of anything Jigglypuff Brawl (Brawl+) related.

Nothing wrong with discussing this in here, the thing we can't do though is make any new threads regarding Brawl+, those HAVE to go in the new sub forum Jigglypuff thread.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
This is a general discussion, which means that the discussion can be of anything Jigglypuff Brawl (Brawl+) related.

Nothing wrong with discussing this in here, the thing we can't do though is make any new threads regarding Brawl+, those HAVE to go in the new sub forum Jigglypuff thread.
Am I good or what? :o

10showmeyourrules.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Idk. I would just go for Wario in vBrawl. They play so much alike there are few advantages to playing Jigglypuff. :/
They don't play that alike... At least I've never played Jiggs how Wario should play... Yeah, they are extremely different...

TheStig

Smash Lord
wario is too good. i think that he's the 2nd or 3rd best character in the game. my friend plays him and he's so ghey. i just use ic's and infinite all day.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
...You guys do realize that skill > character choice and that 99% of the people out there suck at this game, right? If you guys take the effort you put forth to complain and instead use it to try to figure out how this game really works, why you get hit in certain places, and how to not put yourself in those positions, then maybe you'll actually start beating people with jiggs.

Also, just so people can see that melee can be just as campy as brawl, I'm planning on creating a melee patience video featuring falco =D. Hopefully people will enjoy it just as much as my brawl vid.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Also, just so people can see that melee can be just as campy as brawl, I'm planning on creating a melee patience video featuring falco =D. Hopefully people will enjoy it just as much as my brawl vid.
Personally, I loved the vid. It'd be great if you used "Alice" and have that whole "several match cut-away" stuff again.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Personally, I loved the vid. It'd be great if you used "Alice" and have that whole "several match cut-away" stuff again.
Haha, that's what I'm planning =)... though I'll probably find a different song.

falco is definately campy especially mathos
I play campy falco but not like mathos. I don't spam laser hard. There are times when I spam a bunch but generally I see how they're going to approach and then send out like a single laser that interrupts it and then see what they do from there... and jump around on platforms a lot.

Framerate

Smash Lord
...You guys do realize that skill > character choice and that 99% of the people out there suck at this game, right? If you guys take the effort you put forth to complain and instead use it to try to figure out how this game really works, why you get hit in certain places, and how to not put yourself in those positions, then maybe you'll actually start beating people with jiggs.
I really wanna stress this point. You'll realize when you get to the higher level meta game that the people who win are going to beat you no matter what the match-up is (ignoring impossibles like ddd/dk or pika/fox). The reason they play the top tier characters is so they go into a match with the least amount of disadvantages. Sure at lower level play people pick top tiers so they can beat people who are better than them, but up at the top it's all about not starting the match with a crutch.

Oddly enough, this is the reason I play jigglypuff. I feel that her disadvantages are things that can be worked around, and that her advantages are highly underrated. Honestly the only major differences between jigglypuff and wario is how light puff is and how few kill moves she has. I see a lot of potential in this balloon pokemon, so I'm going to keep playing her until I feel like I can't progress due to the character's faults, not my own. I don't place because I'm bad, not my character. Once I get better then I'll decide whether Jigglypuff is a lost cause or a girl worth fighting for (lulz Mulan is a great movie).

Ok I think I just ranted. I apologize.

Edit: And if you disagree with me, you can just CLICK HERE!

Metatitan

Smash Master
bowyer u kinda contradicted yourself, i remember when u said that u gave up jiggs because the metagame got to the point where u simply couldnt win with her anymore against top players using higher tier chars

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
bowyer u kinda contradicted yourself, i remember when u said that u gave up jiggs because the metagame got to the point where u simply couldnt win with her anymore against top players using higher tier chars
Key word "top players". I still placed pretty high with jiggs but I couldn't make money with her anymore.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
jiggs is great for money matches though. youd be surprised how many people know little to nothing about fighting a jigglypuff.

SexTornado

Smash Journeyman
IMO top tiers aren't THAT much better than lower ones (jiggly's position on the tier list is a lie anyway) They take less skill and time to learn (there are exceptions) but usually skill > character choice.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
IMO top tiers aren't THAT much better than lower ones (jiggly's position on the tier list is a lie anyway) They take less skill and time to learn (there are exceptions) but usually skill > character choice.
1. Top tiers are a lot better than low tiers

2. Tier position doesn't mean anything as far as how much skill they take to play and how much time it takes to learn. For instance, MK is ****ing hard to play at a top MK level. And like diddy and snake are also crazy complicated... And then like DDD isn't as complicated of a character, but it's still really hard to play him at a top DDD level just cause playing at that level is insane anyways.

3. Skill >>> Character choice. If you're facing someone at even skill, it's nice to have the better character... but seriously most people out there suck.

Metatitan

Smash Master
touche. the fact that skill>>>>>>char choice is mostly a melee concept. characters are much more limited in brawl than melee, but the concepts are similar. just remember that a top level snake will always lose to a top level mk (ally vs m2k for example)

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Yeah, lets not discuss tiers.
Back to Jigglypuff?
The discussion of tiers that is going on right now is completely relevant to the discussion of jiggs. People are saying that you can't win with jiggs cause she sucks, and we're saying that it doesn't matter how bad jiggs sucks and that skill is more important.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
touche. the fact that skill>>>>>>char choice is mostly a melee concept. characters are much more limited in brawl than melee, but the concepts are similar. just remember that a top level snake will always lose to a top level mk (ally vs m2k for example)
LOL. A melee concept? Why has Ninjalink beaten M2K with Diddy, Reflex beating M2k, teh spamerer and DSF coming REALLY close to beating him with Wario, Ally coming way too close with Snake, etc etc. They're all the top players. Beating other top players. Beating Metaknights.

Tbh, look at the mains of the people who want MK banned. Often, you'll see they have 70:30 Matchups with MK or worse.
Wario and Snake go even with MK.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I agree with Manic. And M2K beat everyone at the end of melee too... except Mango XD... and now Mango beats everyone. It's just cause he's the best out there right now.

bowyer, didn't you always used to say that jiggly sucks
Jiggs still sucks... but the word "sucks" is relevant. I think she belongs in mid tier. I think mid tier characters suck. Other people may not think so. Either way, skill >>> character and most people out there are beatable with jiggs.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
um
What did you do to this? 0.o?

Smashboards Name: Zen1
Birthday: June 24th
Height and weight: 6'
Eye color: Brown
Current location: Colorado
Other games you enjoy other than Brawl: Melee, Pokemon, FF, street Fighter, Naruto, Soul Calibur, MGS4, Mario Kart...
Game systems you own: Wii, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, PSP, PS2...
Your favorite activity: Life
Favorite food: Pizza...
Favorite drink: Juice
What activities do you like to do in spare time: Games, Travel, Movies, Anime, Draw.
Favorite food: Human, freshly prepared (or RAMEN if I'm out of that).
Favorite drink: Green Tea
What activities do you like to do in spare time: Code in VB/C++/Java/Javascript/CSS, play the piano, start debates, listen to music (Symphonic Black Metal mostly), and Barwl LOL.

Top Bottom