• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Someone posted a Brawl+ Falcon combo vid in the boards and it looked so dumb to me... just using uair, with insane hitstun, or on a terrible opponent or something- and it comboed into knee. To me, it seems like Brawl+ is either 0-death combos either way, or that was a terrible video and representation of it, but I don't think that's the case. /lurk

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I can't camp to save my life (this comes from how I used to play melee, I'm too agressive... It works sometimes, it kicks my *** others), so in Brawl+ where that is the name of the game, it doesn't make it fun for me. Brawl+ isn't necessarily about playing an opponent, it's about getting the first hit off so you can do the 0-death combo... Which sucks for people who don't play a certain way to utilize the game. It's very hard to recover in Brawl+ after having the crap beat out of you.

Glick

Smash Lord
Nobody understands how amazingly FUN playing jigglypuff in brawl+ is. Once you start the only thing you think you can do is up tilt to up air to rest. Then you start to see some of the amazingly fun and interesting combos you can do. As soon as I get it on my wii, I'm going to make some type of showcase video. Its really amazing, and not as shallow as you guys are making it out to be. Its not like smash64 at all. There are just as many 0 to deaths as in melee, and just because captain falcon can mindlessly do up air up air to knee combos it doesn't mean its a stupid game. That might be a little overpowered, but that was done just as easily in melee and the game lasted....7+ years?

I say just try it vs some good people, you'll find me to be totally right.

Bottom line is, brawl is dying. Or at least in my region. Everyone stopped complaining that the game is bad, and just quit. Metaknight is taking over, and is on the brink of being banned. Most people, including myself just dont find the game enjoyable anymore.

Not only is jigglypuff better, but shes just fun. In brawl shes just not even a fun character. Slow, weak, annoying and stupid.

Sorry if this is a huge downer, I just wanted to put my perspective on this.

Not trying to flame or fight with people.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Nobody understands how amazingly FUN playing jigglypuff in brawl+ is. Once you start the only thing you think you can do is up tilt to up air to rest. Then you start to see some of the amazingly fun and interesting combos you can do. As soon as I get it on my wii, I'm going to make some type of showcase video. Its really amazing, and not as shallow as you guys are making it out to be. Its not like smash64 at all. There are just as many 0 to deaths as in melee, and just because captain falcon can mindlessly do up air up air to knee combos it doesn't mean its a stupid game. That might be a little overpowered, but that was done just as easily in melee and the game lasted....7+ years?

I say just try it vs some good people, you'll find me to be totally right.

Bottom line is, brawl is dying. Or at least in my region. Everyone stopped complaining that the game is bad, and just quit. Metaknight is taking over, and is on the brink of being banned. Most people, including myself just dont find the game enjoyable anymore.
It's not as shallow as 64, but it's no where near as deep as melee or brawl. You seriously only have like a couple decent approaches and you have to stick to those or you'll get hit, then you just combo a bunch. Also, dash dancing when your opponent is in the air and punishing their landing is freaking broken. If your character doesn't have multiple jumps you are always open to get hit upon landing. It's stupid. (Melee didn't have this problem because of it's directional airdodge so you could waveland away from someone to avoid getting hit, and brawl doesn't have a long enough dash dance to make it busted.)

And brawl's def not dying in the MW.

PND

Smash Champion
Brawl's dying / dead here. Players are either reverting back to Melee, branching of into B+, or both. I'm back to Melee but looking to branch into B+.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Why though? I mean it's their choice to not play Brawl or whatever, but I don't understand how someone would give up Brawl just because their main isn't good.

Mister E

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2208-7088-4154
Congratulations! You've just killed regular brawl Jigglypuff!

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Well have fun playing a shallow game. Hopefully you never get good enough to realize how bad the game really is :p

Metatitan

Smash Master
enough of this bull****. bowyer u wouldnt know **** about b+ considering u dont play it that much. thats like playing brawl five times and saying its horrible. no offense is intended btw <3

for people who wanna dis on brawl+, make sure u play it competitively for a decent amount of time before you talk ****. u dont play brawl+, then shut your ****ing trap and leave the people who play it alone. theres no argument here, u dont play it, u have no say in any of it

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Well we were kinda having the conversation on whether we like it or hate it. Opinion entitlement is allowed. :)

Btw, I like Jiggly in 64. And I liked her in Melee... And yeah she's slower in Brawl, but I really like her in Brawl too. You just got to learn to adapt. But that's with any character though.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
im not trying to start an argument, im just trying to make pple stfu about b+ on whether they hate it or like it
B+ what?

no matter what you do you still get rollout...

At the moment I gotta say your B+___? seems pretty strange to me...

oh wait, is B+ Brawl +? How do you get that game again?

btw this is serious post.

TheStig

Smash Lord
out of the three games melee, brawl, brawl+, I still like brawl the best. i've played melee a lot before brawl but I think I am past that now. i'll still play it for fun. brawl+ is a very good game imo but I don't like how some characters changed. brawl is kinda like a compromise between the two. there's so much that still needs to be discovered and I want to stick around for that. just my thoughts :)

overall just play the game you like best. no one is forcing you to play one or the other

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
enough of this bull****. bowyer u wouldnt know **** about b+ considering u dont play it that much. thats like playing brawl five times and saying its horrible. no offense is intended btw <3

for people who wanna dis on brawl+, make sure u play it competitively for a decent amount of time before you talk ****. u dont play brawl+, then shut your ****ing trap and leave the people who play it alone. theres no argument here, u dont play it, u have no say in any of it
:laugh::laugh::laugh: it looks fun but I can't hack my wii yet because I have 4.0 :( is d-air to rest a true combo?

Metatitan

Smash Master
yes it is but its IMO her least useful combo into rest. dair isnt a very good move in b+, u cant combo into it and its not a good approach

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
It's emulating the "good" rest.

E.g. Melee.
Wasn't Melee's rest better just because it had more knockback and could be comboed into? I thought the knockback angle in Brawl is better, because vertical is a more direct path to a blastzone obviously, and in Melee, Rest kills that weren't star KOs could lead to the opponent punishing the end lag at the beginning of their next stock.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Wasn't Melee's rest better just because it had more knockback and could be comboed into?

Am I missing the joke?

I thought the knockback angle in Brawl is better, because vertical is a more direct path to a blastzone obviously
Vertical is above the stage, so if you miffed a rest, they could fast fall and punish. With Melee, they are more focused on actually recovering (assuming they can do so) then worrying about waking you up with a fully charged Fsmash to the face.

Metatitan

Smash Master
melee rest>b+ rest> brawl rest
this is because of the % that they kill at

trajectory wise
brawl rest> melee rest> b+ rest

if brawl rest killed as early as melee rest, it would be broken because u could not punish it. buuuut it sux :(

combo wise
b+ rest> melee rest> brawl rest

its easiest to combo into rest in b+ followed by melee and then brawl. brawl has one true combo into it, go figure

tech chase wise
melee rest> brawl+ rest> brawl rest

its a lot easier to tech chase rest pple who are on platforms in melee than it is in brawl+, and in brawl it doesnt happen lol.

thats just my opinion on the three rests, plz dont bring up smash64 rest lol

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
Vertical is above the stage, so if you miffed a rest, they could fast fall and punish. With Melee, they are more focused on actually recovering (assuming they can do so) then worrying about waking you up with a fully charged Fsmash to the face.
90% sure he meant that if they die, they can just come back and attack you on their next stock while you are still sleeping. It's fast enough that that does happen.

Top Bottom