• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In the memory of n00b.

Vro

Smash Lord
Proud to have MM him at JAB2, where he won. He was an amazing smasher and a nice guy.

rip

Jace08

Smash Lord
I'm speechless... We were just discussing some team tactics we could use at Intimikill over pms a few days ago! I still can't believe it....

Nes Noob, I'm glad I had the oppurtunity to meet you and play with you the few times we were together. You were an amazing person and it seemed like I was always laughing whenever you were around. RIP man and I hope you will never be forgotten.

Legan

Smash Lord
Easily one of the nicest dudes I ever met.

I remember when I first met him and told him he was like my hero back in the day, He still is.

RIP Nes Noob

Kyo Kusanagi

Smash Ace
I just got done going through every topic, article, and interview about the matter, and I've been talking to some of my friends from GA about the news for the past 2 hours. I heard about it last night and didn't really believe it because all I got was a text saying NESN00b died. I came on today and all this happened and it's been basically one really long heart stopping moment.

I wish I could convey my feelings to his mother in some personal way, but there are just so many of us that have something to say that I don't feel like I can expect some personal response back. So to that guy that was going to meet his mother personally that was asking for our own messages, somehow I want this to get through.

"Your son was the kind of person that no one disliked. He was a person that I have shared entire days with. We've had meals together, talked, joked, and we all enjoyed his company. To me and many others, he wasn't known as Ryan, but by his online tag. But whatever name he went by, we all knew the same person that was never seen without a smile. It is the person that truly counts, and we have all lost a truly incredible man. Thank you for sharing your son with us for those times."

and also:

When I was watching the interview and I saw this picture, I was happy that I was able to portray how we all felt about NESN00b.
Yup, the reason he leans to the side is because of me, I use to lean like that whenever I had to get gimp on him. LOL. RIP.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Ryan buddy NES it just isn't fair. It still hasn't even hit me yet, I cried when Mike told me and now I'm tearing up again. You were the nicest guy ever, most wonderful attitude, Mike and I will visit you when I come back in town for Christmas. I love you and I'll miss you forever.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I'm just in major shock right now, I may not have known him in person but he's been around the boards so much. Just wow..
R.I.P man : (

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
He was sooooo good.

H-box told me about NesN00b after he went to pound for. And I was like "Oh? a good falcon, I wanna see." Then I watched his videos and everything. Therefore, I wanted to meet him one day :/.

But now, thanks to crazy mother ****ing drivers (Action B. dislike the hell out of trucks) now I'll never see him or get tip from him.

Drunk drivers, truckers are such *******s.

nuff said.

R.I.P Nesn00b!

'Fro

Smash Lord
I can't get over the tragic fact that he had JUST won a regional here at Purdue not that long ago. RIP Ryan.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Having recently gone through the death of my oldest friend, I know this tragedy must be unbearable for his family. I offer my heartfelt condolences to all who knew him.

This is at least the 5th death of a Melee player since I entered this community like 7 years ago. Such sad times :(

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Losers bracket 2nd round.

JBM vs Nes Noob.

JBM 0-Deaths NES noob. JBM grabs ledge to camp while he loses invincibility. JBM SDs first stock failing to waveland on FD. NES noob wins match.

I will never get the chance to prove myself! But you were an awesome smasher my guy.
Although you have passed on, I will not forget you my friendly smirking competitor. I hope you know now that you were a LEGEND! The smash community including myself will not forget how funny your posts were on scars help thread.

I hardly know this guy other than playing many matches with him at EVENT 52 *round 2*. I have mourned over this spilling many tears, but now I look at this as a sign. A sign of vulnerability. Such a good person lost at a young age.

I hope you are somewhere where you are just as happy if not more.

See ya buddy, I will miss looking forward to seeing your posts :)

Lets keep are heads held up guys. He was a happy guy and mistakes happen. I'm sure he knows that.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
wtf? :(

Really sad. I never got to meet the guy, but appreciated watching his matches online nonetheless.

R.I.P NES n00b

DavieBoy

Smash Apprentice
Like many others I did not meet him, my thoughts go out to all friends and family.

Also I love the smash community, you guys are such good friends - hopefully one day I can attend a tourney to meet all you amazing people <3.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
sugoi kawaii moe chan will live on in our hearts
10,000 times this.

Reflecting on this, it reminded me of an extremely close friend of mine, David "BlackG."

Right as we were getting into Melee and learning all the advanced stuff [real crazy exciting time...like the first time you wavedashed on impulse and actually made use of it in a match], he stopped showing up to the game room at school. Stopped answering his calls.

4 months later, I got a phone call from him.

He was driving on a road in a sedan when an EIGHTEEN WHEELER was going the wrong way and hit him head on. As you can see, he survived. It was a miracle.

40 broken bones, more skin grafts than I want to imagine, and a 3 week-long coma...

It's a blessing that he's able to walk and almost fully function like he used to, cosmetic deformities aside.

What I've taken for granted for years, until today, was that simple fact:

He survived.

Compared to many, I hardly knew Ryan, but it still hurt deeply to learn this news [not to mention reading this thread, the article, and watching the interview].

I can't imagine how I would have endured the news if David hadn't survived his accident. Similarly, I can't imagine what those who were close to him must be feeling...

This could have happened to any one of us.

...*sigh*.

XIII ways to die

Smash Apprentice
I only met nes noob one time but i know he was a cool person. im in the process of writing a song just for him. when im done im ganna try to record it and post it on smashboards.

Life is a game, before you know it game over.
He was a pro and he left a pro.
Now hes heaven kickin *** and takin names like a pro.
R.I.P nes noob

Lixivium

Smash Champion
RIP Nes N00b

I'll never forget that one time we beat you and BunBun's double Foxes on Green Green's.

Rappster

Smash Ace
Requiem Aeternam Dona eo Domine

Never Played him, never met him, never even conversed with him on SWF.
Still feel so bad.

Et lux perpetua luceat eo.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I made his first signature :\ ahha and we joined around the same time and camped the Bowser boards together. It's terrible.

He had that for the longest I could remember and it was weird just going through all my gifs to see that.

Really hit me when I saw that.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
He was one of the smashers I really wanted to meet. He was so chill and friendly online. I'd say more, but I can't think of something appropriate. RIP

Scythe

Smash Master
RIP
Met him at SMYM 10 really cool guy and a total beast with Falcon

Top Bottom