• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Data Compilation. [Hitbox Visuals Complete!]

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Quick Draw, Counter, and Eruption(Full) are having issues uploading for some reason, so those will come when they are able.
Lol @ Nyah~ as the URL for those.

What's with the tiny hitbox at the bottom tip of Eruption that lasts for quite some time after the larger hitbox disappears? I'm guessing that's the part that spikes (albeit pathetically)?

Aether was cool to watch, some weird hitboxes going on there. And I always thought it was a continuous hitbox mapped to the sword the whole time... but there are quite a few gaps.

:034:

Kirk

Smash Champion
The large hitbox for eruption lasts for the first 3 frames. After that, the sword tip portion stays out for an additional 5 frames. I was just talking about this with Brett, actually.

The sword tip has two collision bubbles, both the exact same size and position. One of them sets on fire and sends you upwards(more vertical than the big blast) and the other sends you downward with no fire effects.

Brett and I had a theory...the collision bubbles are only available if a certain condition is met, that condition being if the opponent is on the ground or in the air. The spiking bubble is only there if the opponent is grounded and the fiery bubble is only there if the opponent is in the air. In theory it makes sense since there would be no reason for two bubbles to be in the exact same place at the exact same time...it may be worth looking into. Brief research shows that this is the most likely case.

Though I wonder at the people from WAY long ago who said they got eruption to spike in the air...

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
The reason I had this theory is that Zelda's Dair cannot sweetspot a grounded opponent. Kirk looked into that for me and found the following:
Zelda's Dair has two hitboxes. Sweetspot hitbox comes on frame 14 and lasts ONLY for that single frame. Weak hit starts on frame 15 and lasts 10 frames. There is some weird property that nullifies that first hitbox on grounded opponents. So against a grounded opponent, Zelda's Dair hits on frame 15, not 14, and will never sweetspot.

I thought perhaps Eruption had similar properties with the regular hit vs the spike. However, we still haven't found a concrete reason for the eruption spike vs fire hit.

We're still looking. Sort of. Trying to find out if there is a certain frame or frames where the fire hit is nullified on a grounded opponent, leaving the other (spike, non-fire) hitbox to show.

And I still think the opponent on the ground has something to do with it. I'm not sure whoever posted before about hitting with aerial Eruption spike knew exactly what the eruption spike really was.

(Ahh, the joys of staying up late for Music Theory assignments... and instead working on Brawl physics.)

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I know I thought I got an Eruption spike on an opponent underneath FD, but it might of been a stagespike.

Someone else has said they have landed the Eruption Spike twice.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Aaaand the rest are finally uploaded.

--Was touched on before, but Eruption has a sword tip hitbox that stays out 5 frames longer than the rest of the attack.
--Quick Draw is more meh. The first frame it activates, it is no where near the opponent...
--Aether is aether. Only 5 or so collisions show in the gif, but there are indeed 7 hits. 2 of them just appear one right after the other, so it just looks like there is one, but there really are 2.
-Lastly, Fully charged Eruption...wait for it....

IT'S A ****ING SNOWMAN.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Wow, impressive work there. Not only do you have knockback values, you have hitbox data.

Nice to know how disjointed Ike's Jab is. And I loled at the attacks that went in the Z axis (I recall Ike's D-tilt doing that).

metroid1117

Smash Master
About QD and Counter's hitbox data... is it currently impossible to see the "trigger" hitboxes? For example, in Melee's frame data, CF's "trigger" hitbox for Raptor Boost was essentially three circles in front of him.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
This thread should be stickied. NOW.
If anybody wants to see the hitbox visuals in pics(I doubt any of you guys do lol), I has blog here.
I actually did the coding for all attacks in my blog except for tilts, get-up attacks and specials. I used Kirk's complete Ike file for those.
Thanks a bunch Kirk =p

EDIT: I has question about the shield stuff data in this thread.
There's an interesting blog on AiB about shield health here.
Is there anyway to determine how much a shield will diminish when hit with an attack from Ike?

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
As much as I looked forward to seeing Ike's hitboxes, I now realize it's really not that important. He probably has some of the simplest hitboxes in the game; just follow the sword. It was nice to get a readout on Eruption, though.

Kirk

Smash Champion
EDIT: I has question about the shield stuff data in this thread.
There's an interesting blog on AiB about shield health here.
Is there anyway to determine how much a shield will diminish when hit with an attack from Ike?
I'm unsure of the exact formula, but an easy way to look at it is...the more damage(%) an attack does, the more shield it diminish.

I also have listed in the data certain attacks that have extra shield damage values, namely Ftilt, Eruption, Wakeup Attacks and Ledge Attacks.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Look at all the awesomeness I've missed out for the past six months.

So any reason why this isn't stickied?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
So any reason why this isn't stickied?
I'm guessing because a mod hasn't posted here for like... months. I should hope they still lurk from time to time but I never see any around. This does need to be stickied immediately though.

In other news, fully charged Eruption hitbox makes me happy. And lol @ QD ending time after a miss. Easily half the gif is taken up by ending lag.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
You didn’t need to do that, Brett. This thread is well known thanks to its special mention at the complete frame data directory.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
It still should get stickied IMO, along with the profiles thread. I'm too lazy to PM any mods about it though.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
On Eruption, I thought I would point out that it has eight charge "stages".

First stage (uncharged) does 10%. The next six stages add 4% to the damage successively, while the last one at full charge does 37%.

I don't know if you guys already knew that, but I think it would be worth adding here.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I am bumping this thread because I always refer to it but it's getting hard to find. Also, a non-Ike main should not have the final post here.

Awesome thread is awesome.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
This should be stickied. I always go to this topic.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Isn't the trophy you already have enough?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I have now officially stickied this thread. If any of you guys have suggestions for threads that need un-sticking or other threads to be stickied, please let me know.

Edit: I'm thinking we can un-stick the stage discussion thread. And maybe the Ike finder, nobody ever actually uses that. We have too many stickies.

Top Bottom