• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Data Compilation. [Hitbox Visuals Complete!]

metroid1117

Smash Master
This thread is indeed full of awesomeness. (Sorry for not catching the duration of the "spike" hitbox on DAir, that was my bad.)

By the way... I hope I'm not misinterpreting your frame data for BAir, but it says there are two trajectories with both being 40 degrees. Did you take into account the "reverse BAir" hitbox that's around Ike's hand?

Kirk

Smash Champion
I wish I could give a detailed explanation(I'm at a loss of words at the moment), but short answer...it's going 40 degrees in the opposite direction.

Try thinking of it like...

Dsmash has a hit in front, sending people ~75 degrees above the horizontal in the first quadrant. The back hit has the exact same value, but it is behind Ike...so it measures ~75 degrees above the horizontal in the second quadrant, as opposed to the 1st hit's.

I'm guessing similar thing with Bair. It's the same angle, just the hitbox is in a different quadrant, effectively "reversing" the angle.

Hope that helps...

And wow, I really hope people know what the **** I'm taking about with quadrants...

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I do! :D

Did you forget frame advantages from throws? I thought we got a bunch from Bthrow...

EDIT: Actually, I have no clue how frame advantages work. They are all -s, but we are suppose to have an advantage from Jab 1...i r confuszled

Kirk

Smash Champion
Frame advantage is used when you hit someone's shield(It's in my terms section, READ IT!). It would be otherwise pointless to have, i.e. hitting someone with an attack, knocking them back, pretty sure you'll have an advantage at that point. :p

As for throws/jab1/jab2, this is something different, that can possibly be further explored at a later time.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I wish I could give a detailed explanation(I'm at a loss of words at the moment), but short answer...it's going 40 degrees in the opposite direction.

Try thinking of it like...

Dsmash has a hit in front, sending people ~75 degrees above the horizontal in the first quadrant. The back hit has the exact same value, but it is behind Ike...so it measures ~75 degrees above the horizontal in the second quadrant, as opposed to the 1st hit's.

I'm guessing similar thing with Bair. It's the same angle, just the hitbox is in a different quadrant, effectively "reversing" the angle.

Hope that helps...

And wow, I really hope people know what the **** I'm taking about with quadrants...
Okay, I got it. I just thought that you would use a different degree value (I think it should be 140 if it were done that way) since it was in the opposite direction.

But seriously man, thanks for all the work you put into this thread; it was a great resource before and you just made it even better.

Jinkwai

Smash Apprentice
Mmmm...sexy. Good job, Kirk.

Based off some of this data, we should be able to connect a lot more moves together (assuming we buffer correctly).

metroid1117

Smash Master
Hey Kirk... are you going to do something like this for Ike's hitboxes, just to get more data? I'm not requesting you to do it (since it entails a s***load of work), but I would be lying if I said I didn't mind whether it was done or not.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Messed around with it tonight a bit, did the entire jab sequence.

Uploaded GIFS to the OP.

How does it look?
Wow... that is really cool, props man. Can't wait to see Uair and Dair.

I imagine Eruption and Aether will look pretty awesome too.

:034:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Those look awesome, but if you get a whole page of those up, some computers (like mine) won't be able to load the page most likely. ;_;

Maybe just put links to the GIFs underneath a picture of the most extended hitbox for each attack?

And why the heck isn't this sticked?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Maybe just put links to the GIFs underneath a picture of the most extended hitbox for each attack?
I agree. My computer could probably handle all the GIFs but I think that's a better idea anyways. Just a still image of the key hitbox for each attack with a link to a full GIF.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I think a vid will be easiest but that's just me lol. I don't know how easy making a ton of GIFs is.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Hey Kirk... are you going to do something like this for Ike's hitboxes, just to get more data? I'm not requesting you to do it (since it entails a s***load of work), but I would be lying if I said I didn't mind whether it was done or not.
I'm able to do this too -.-
I'll try to have the pac file up before Kirk >=)

Kirk

Smash Champion
It's already done, so no need, not that I would stop you in the first place hehe.

I've just had class and and stuff...so I'll try and get the rest of it up tonight/tomorrow.

Perhaps a video if I'm feeling DARING!!

Kirk

Smash Champion
Double post for awesomness.

Hitbox visuals done for:

Jab1
Jab2
Jab3
Ftilt (Side Angle)
Ftilt (Up Angle)
Ftilt (Down Angle)
Utilt
Dtilt

Made them into links as to not make the page go crazy.

More for tomorrow...

@Kimchi - Hit me up on AIM sometime. I think a bit more explanation is needed. :)

Also, I'm thinking a new thread name is in order. I'll try and think of a somewhat decent one...

-RedX-

Smash Lord
*Ragequits PSA*
The frames don't match and I somehow misplaced a graphic bubble in a dumb spot >_>.
Guess I'll wait for your's.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Double post for awesomness.

Hitbox visuals done for:

Jab1
Jab2
Jab3
Ftilt (Side Angle)
Ftilt (Up Angle)
Ftilt (Down Angle)
Utilt
Dtilt

Made them into links as to not make the page go crazy.

More for tomorrow...

@Kimchi - Hit me up on AIM sometime. I think a bit more explanation is needed. :)

Also, I'm thinking a new thread name is in order. I'll try and think of a somewhat decent one...
The gifs are great. The gif for UTilt is a bit too high though; you can't see the initial hitbox.

Again, thank you SO much for doing this.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Those look awesome, but if you get a whole page of those up, some computers (like mine) won't be able to load the page most likely. ;_;

And why the heck isn't this sticked?
Didn't you have a mac? what happened to them being so godly. :laugh:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Didn't you have a mac? what happened to them being so godly. :laugh:
1) Time Warner is a TERRIBLE internet provider.

2) Like I said before: I fried the circuits by blocking the vents last summer while playing SW:BF1 for hours on end. I nearly burnt my legs through the pillow blocking the vents. >_>

3) This computer is like, 3-4 years old now. It's starting to show it's age. ;_;

Kirk

Smash Champion
Updaatttteesss...

[11/11/09] - Hitbox Visuals for all Smashes and Dash Attack completed. Updated Utilt Hitbox Visual GIF. Corrected Fsmash frame data. Added detailed hitbox data for Wakeup and Ledge Attacks. Condensed Wakeup actions section slightly. Currently reworking title for thread.

Fsmash corrected data:

Charge: 22 --> 24
Hit on: 29-32 --> 31-34
IASA: 78 --> 80
Sword Tip ADVANTAGE: -43 --> -41

Interesting things to note:

--Dash Attack's hitboxes are not mapped to the sword. Not entirely useful to know, but interesting nonetheless...
--Ftilt, even though the hitbox lasts for 3 frames, only 1 of the frames is actually useful. Boo...
--We can now see why sometimes the back hit of Usmash hits in front of Ike.
--Fsmash is more BLEGH. There's really only 2 frames that last directly in front of Ike.

I have every attack captured and ready to convert, I just need to find the time to convert and upload them. Hopefully I can have the rest, or at least a good handful of them uploaded by the day's end.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Updaatttteesss...
Awesome, awesome and then a bit more awesome... followed by a ton of awesome.

The DA thing is actually kind of useful because now we know it doesn't actually hit as high as the sword's position would lead you to believe. And the end of Usmash is awesomely disjointed.

<3 Usmash.

Loldsmash.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
O.o

You know I was gonna ask if that huge gap between the 2nd and 3rd frames of the hitbox is actually a gap or a 'safe zone' in the attack. I guess it... is? So like a smallish character can just stay right in that little area and avoid damage? Basically Fsmash is no longer a threat if everyone sees this?

Quick! Shoot me before I say any more!

Kirk

Smash Champion
Yep, Fsmash blows in that way...

Update: Added all aerials. Things to note:

-Bair has very big collision bubbles. I believe it has the second biggest bubbles out of Ike's arsenal, losing only to eruption.
-The spike portion of Dair(first 2 frames) is not mapped to the sword. Again, mostly useless info, but it's there.
-Uair looks pretty...

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Wow, nice!

I like nair and up air even more now

Kirk

Smash Champion
Grabs and Throws added.

--Grabs are mapped according to Ike's body, NOT his hands.
--Pivot grab has a notably longer range than Standing and Dashing, but this was to be expected.
--Standing and Dashing grabs have the EXACT same size and range(in relation to Ike's body).
--Throws are in there just for the heck of it. Won't be too useful, but there they are anyway.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
how fast can you interrupt a dash into a grab? I'm wondering if dash grabbing would be better for jab > grabs if you cancel it with a dash and the total frames of dash + dash grab are < shield + grab

I feel like i used the word dash way to much....

Kirk

Smash Champion
Added...Wakeup Actions, Ledge Actions, and...Eruption(no charge) and Aether specials.

Quick Draw, Counter, and Eruption(Full) are having issues uploading for some reason, so those will come when they are able.

Top Bottom