• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I'm not a bandwagoner or a fairweather fan. I've always been behind the Rangers.

It's just that I can be excited about it now.

And Baseball has a lot of thinking involved. It's cool to watch pitcher-batter exchanges and a lot of clutch time infield decisions. Especially when the pitcher is the beast Cliff Lee.

I do get excited with every strike the Rangers throw down. Just think of every inning (or even out) as a chance to do something, and when you're on defense, you try as hard as you can to deny those chances from getting anywhere. It really does get exciting to watch when you get into it.

I seriously find every other more a lot more repetitive and boring to watch.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Hey Slaps, you can add me to your list in your sig with a (?) beside it. It really depends on if we can get the owner of the house we're renting to agree to allow me to mow the lawn. If he says yes, my Dad will play me about $80 each time, as it's a very large yard, with lots of trees which means I have to go back in with a weedeater afterwards to finish cutting it all. It's about a 2 hour job. >_>

And being a Vancouver Canucks fan is even worse. We almost always make it to the playoffs, but we've never won. Closest we ever got was the finals, game 7, over time. ;_; But at least we have the best goalie in the league right now as our captain. :laugh:

luongo is a boss. I'm glad they got him off the panthers and the panthers are my home team. Penguins and Sharks fan and last year both teams decided to be choke artists although its nothing new for the Sharks.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Only Hockey team I care about is the Ducks..and that's cause they are based off a Disney show called The Might Ducks. Yeeee wut up.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
you seriously find other sports more repetitive then the pitcher throwing the ball down the same line every single pitch of the game.
Every pitch is another mindgame.
And you must be watching little league to see the pitcher throw the ball down the same line every time.

Basketball-- worst sport ever to watch.
Soccer-- pretty **** close.
Football-- it's actually okay to watch, but a lot more fun to play (sometimes).
Golf-- okay, I lied about Basketball.

Like, they're all fun to play and stuff, but Baseball is the only one that can keep my attention when I'm watching it. Even if I'm rooting for a team at the Superbowl, I'm not at all watching the game the whole time. Football is just the next best one because it has set plays and isn't just the same thing happening over constantly running time.
Basketball is like-- it's nothing but the same thing for a really long time and then the last 2 minutes take at least 2 hours because of all the intentional fouls.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Most boring sport? Some say curling is (not really sure). I know that golf and NASCAR are the most boring from what I hear. Don't really pay much attention to watching games, but playing them is better even in video games (but actually going outside and playing > sports video games).

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Nascar (or any kind of car racing) can be hell of fun if you're the one participating. It may seem boring to watch cars go in circle (well it is), but if you're the driver...it's pretty intense.

Golf...it's more of a skill sport than one involving athletics. I would never watch it, but highlights are definitely better than baseball's.

I think the Ducks' mascot is still Wild Wing.

I forgot about Nascar being a "sport". I honestly thinks it's just another reason to get drunk in public and make an *** of one's self. Now baseball is only 2nd most boring in my eyes. Anyone see last week's south park with nascar, and what are everyone's favorite shows.

I love: Dexter, The Colbert Report, The Daily Show, South Park, Ugly Americans and Archer.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I barely watch any television anymore. Whenever I pass by the TV, it's usually my bro watching Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network. MAD for CN does look a bit interesting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhojbNTTudE I also watched Heroes, but that got with that carnival guy. I spend some of my time watching anime. Latest anime of interest to me is The World God Only Knows because it's my favorite manga.

@Bored: Yeah watching NASCAR is boring. I should have been more specific. I've played one of those NASCAR arcade games. Drifting is fun.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
The shows at CN are meh. CN Real was fail. Only decent show now is Adventure Time and Flapjack to some extent, while MAD seems promising. Still no match for Toonami.

EDIT: I remember that female computer thing Tom had on the ship. I forgot what happened to it.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Idk whats more boring in NASCAR, watching it on TV, or listening to it on the radio
I think being the type of person who has anything to do with NASCAR is the most boring of all.

Most sports are dreadfully boring to watch but most of them are fairly fun to play. Spirit of competition and whatnot. They are 'bad' as far as competitive games go but who really gives a ****?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Snaking kinda broke the game though, but I couldn't think of any other way to win.
I can't snake. I'm terrible at it.

Which is why I've failed to beaten the first storyline mission on the hardest difficulty after over 75 tries at least. :(

And Nys, at your upcoming tournament Nov. 6th with the custom stage side event: you better use my stages! Otherwise I stab you with rusty penknife! :mad088:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Rydle vs NeJi's ZSS is also good, especially for those unfamiliar with the matchup.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I remember watching this. Interesting to note how he plays with a lot of swagger in this set, but against Ally's CF in the Low Tier tourny, loser's finals, he was lagging and being really predictable. Guess he was just tired.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
And Nys, at your upcoming tournament Nov. 6th with the custom stage side event: you better use my stages! Otherwise I stab you with rusty penknife! :mad088:
LOL, I didn't even know we were doing that as a side event. Wow, this will be... interesting. And what stages of yours btw? I'd be willing to suggest them to our TOs if you can send me pictures or something.

Edit: Lmao wtf happened to the smileys.

:c:bee: :glare: :awesome: :oneeye: :reverse: :woman: :scared: :cool:

:034:

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
:201n::201e::201w:
:201s::201i::201g::201n:
:201o::201f::201f:
:201a::201n::201d:
:201f::201o::201n::201t:
:201c::201o::201l::201o::201r:

Incoming, once I hit 2000 posts. Going to change it to Tyranitar now that they finally added Gen II. Still deciding what font color would complement him the best though...

:034:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
God, why the hell do people still give a **** about Pokemon? It's like a girl you're trying to date, but all she does is use you for whatever she needs.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
[00:15] Kimchi: anyway
[00:15] Kimchi: i feel like breaking out wifi again
[00:15] Kimchi: just for the sake of fun
[00:15] ThatAsianYouKnow: ew
[00:15] ThatAsianYouKnow: hf with that
[00:16] Kimchi: lol or just play
[00:16] Kimchi: 3 lvl 9 computers
[00:16] ThatAsianYouKnow: lmao
[00:16] Kimchi: i probably would get destroyed if i tried to play again now
[00:16] ThatAsianYouKnow: all u have to do is practice technical stuff
[00:16] ThatAsianYouKnow: im sure u remember what works and stuff
[00:16] Kimchi: i guess lol
[00:17] Kimchi: anyway, tell the ike forums that i send my regards lol
[00:18] Kimchi: just watched some videos today of brawl and forgot that i still have the game lol
[00:18] ThatAsianYouKnow: lmao

o.

Top Bottom