• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
I just call it "late-hit Dair." But I would imagine the earlier hitbox would kill sooner, considering most prolonged hitboxes grow weaker over time. With a move like Dair though, the difference in kill %s probably isn't far apart.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Upon closer inspection, the pendulum was still slightly tilted down to the left when San landed on it using Aether. And as for the wavedash->f-tilt, I believe he did a platform cancel to f-tilt.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm starting to wonder if we're better off trying to bait the whistle and delaying our attack so we actually hit Olimar. I guess I should go find out how long the super armor frames last.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I'm starting to wonder if we're better off trying to bait the whistle and delaying our attack so we actually hit Olimar. I guess I should go find out how long the super armor frames last.
Olimar boards said:
Whistle (vB)
Super Armor starts on: 2
Super Armor lasts through: 16
Ends on: 20
@Brett: That your application to the SD club? nice.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Except its in the AIR! Basically whistle = spot dodge that is 1,3 frame faster/2 frames slower depending on who you compare it to. Now to just learn the animation timing, Someone get a .GIF of Olimar's whistle frame by frame

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I was burnt out when I played Icy lol. Kinda gave up after the comeback rofl

was searching around tournaments and came across this.

I want to thank everyone who came out to CEO X Storm. The event seemed to have run pretty smoothly. Melee didn't happened because there were not enough entrants.

We had 18 teams for Brawl Doubles and 44 players for Brawl Singles (Subtract 8 refunds). I left the players who received a refund in the brackets. Probably shouldn't have done that, as the payout looks messed with. I'll have to implement a No Refund policy for future tournaments as this isn't fair for the players who are entering for someone to just get a refund regardless of the reason. So I apologize for that.

Please give me your feedback on your thoughts on the tournament. Too slow? Monitors laggy? I'm obnoxious? Whatever. Let me know what's up.

Here are the full results...

Brawl Singles:

1: Mewtwo King ($216)
2: Seibrik ($108)
3: Xaltis ($36)
4: Ryo
5: Superwolf
5: GDX
7: M!XX
7: Afro
9: Xin
9: Yinn
9: Rawrsaurus
9: Green Ace
13: SheikSSBM
13: Melas Cratos
13: Loser
13: DotheDash
17: D Fear
17: Thomas Hiepo
17: Ryu
17: Arie
17: Ben
17: Spidaman
17: Michael B
17: Jeremiah
Ryo got 4 out of 49 people. can't see a bracket but still i know some of the players here in FL and it was not easy competition.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I've discovered a new phenomenon called the "WiFi player effect."

It's fairly simple and easy to test out over a long period of Brawling. This is all according to the feedback you get at the end of a match:

If you lose a match on an online ladder you are an amazing player and a great user of that character. The matches were completely lagless and featured no nonsense whatsoever.

Later, defeating the same player in a set (even if they are close games like last time) will automatically make you a ****ty WiFi Ike with absolutely no skill. You only won because of input lag, WiFi lag and that their character (Olimar / Snake / Diddy Kong) can't do anything in such poor match conditions.

tl;dr:

LOL

•Col•

Smash Champion
I have my own phenomenon also called the "WiFi player effect".

After playing WiFi for a decent amount of time, players go through 2 stages. The first stage is johning about any WiFi loss and blame input lag. Stage 2 is johning about anything and everything in both online and offline matches.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Ryo did tell me he almost beat Seibrik again a few weeks ago..

@Co
People can and will john about anything. Including me.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
WARNING: THIS POST CONTAINS SPORTS. IF YOU DON'T CARE, YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ.

Clifton Phifer Lee and the Texas Rangers, ladies and gentlemen.

First Rangers team to win a post-season division series.
Cliff Lee sets AL record (and comes one short for an all-time record) for strikeouts in a division series.

You guys care-- you just don't know it. Oh and Ryo, if you happen to like baseball and were rooting for TB, EAT IT!!!
Though I congratulate you on your recent tourney results.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Baseball is a sport? What? I don't understand how something can be a sport when a 3 hour "game" only has 10 minutes of action. In any case, Dallas teams have a habit of choking when it matters most...so I don't see them going too far ahead.

Brett = bandwagoner.

Baseball is the most boring popular sport on the planet. To put it in smash perspective it is slower than M2K playing a top diddy but that description doesn't even really do it justice. I hate soccer too but at least there can be some excitement going on in soccer occasionally. Best sports to watch are hockey and football.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Baseball is the most boring popular sport on the planet. To put it in smash perspective it is slower than M2K playing a top diddy but that description doesn't even really do it justice. I hate soccer too but at least there can be some excitement going on in soccer occasionally. Best sports to watch are hockey and football.
I agree with you that hockey and football are the best to watch... But I feel like Basketball is even worse than Baseball to watch... -.-

Also, sports are usually MUCH funner to actually play than watch......... Except Soccer..... Sorry, I don't like running back and forth for 2 hours. >_>

Basketball is next on my list. Where soccer doesn't have enough scoring basketball has too much. i find it hard to get excited over every two points that goes up on the board. But at least there is some action and fancy stuff to watch which is why I didn't mention in the previous post.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Dallas teams have a habit of choking when it matters most
100% agree with this statement. I was expecting them to lose tonight XD but I mean whatever I am a Red Sox fan so if they win yay but i don't care if they lose XD haha if they win playoffs that would be something since they have never won... Ever.

•Col•

Smash Champion
I'm from Pittsburgh.... So it kinda stinks that our Football and Hockey teams suck so much. :/ The only redeeming thing is that our baseball team is pretty **** good.

trollface.jpg

theeboredone

Smash Legend
o_O what are you talking about? Pittsburgh Steelers are rocking this season so far as the best team. With the return of their starting QB, they are poised to make a championship run. Meanwhile, I think it was the Pittsburgh Penguins that won the Stanley Cup a few years ago.

My favorite football team (49ers) have been in the dark ages for a decade now...so still waiting for them to come around z.z..At least I got my Lakers. I can see people making a valid point about basketball getting boring because of the continuous scoring, but playing the game is **** fun.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
o_O what are you talking about? Pittsburgh Steelers are rocking this season so far as the best team. With the return of their starting QB, they are poised to make a championship run. Meanwhile, I think it was the Pittsburgh Penguins that won the Stanley Cup a few years ago.
Either I just got reverse double trolled, or you just got pro trolled.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm just tired. I saw the trollface thing hidden...though my brain is too dead to comprehend what the hell that is even supposed to mean z.z...

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Slaps those were silly friendlies.

Just for the record, lol.
yes, the lulz were aplenty XD. I gotta stop playing wifi while talking on the phone.. It's hard to do XD especially with the lag. I guess it helps me deal with playing with distractions XD haha...

In other news, has anyone heard of a player called Rakan? Me and a friend were doing AiB doubles ladder and played his team, afterward (we lost) we said gg and the games were lulz XD. Out of no where the dude goes off on me saying I am wifi johning and that I am wifi trash, scrub, noob, etc. Just wondering if anyone has heard of him.. I think he plays Wario, or MK idk..

Top Bottom