• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Pokemon gen 5 is actually pretty fun. Me and Light have been ****** on pokemon-online servers.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Just talked to Kimchi. Still in highschool and already going to college parties and getting wasted. Freakin lied about his study johns. I'm effin pissed.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Seriously? I never would have guessed at that side to him. I didn't know him too well though.

I haven't gotten into any Pokemon game since Gen II. Guess I'd just grown out of it by that point, but I still play R/B and G/S once in a blue moon out of nostalgia. I tried HG/SS and they weren't bad... doesn't mean I'm willing to give Gen 5 a chance though, the Pokemon's names have just been getting uncreative and uninspired IMO, among other things.

:034:

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Gen V looks fun

@san

if you and light are ****** so much, battle some youtube pokemon players to get yourself out there

Heartstring

Smash Legend
ive only recently looked into pokestuff, but im more about using favourites instead of the best...
same reason i love NU so much XD

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Gen V looks fun

@san

if you and light are ****** so much, battle some youtube pokemon players to get yourself out there
We like ****** in secret, thank you very much.

San doesn't drop any games in Pokemon, either. He's in the top ten on the server!

:251:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oh, what team do you use?
i havent done B&W yet so im still stuck on gen 4
ninjask
breloom
magnezone
donphan (thinknig of switching for tentacruel or some other rapid spinner+stage hazard maker)
heatran
dusknoir

niddo i think on the parts of isolation where the slants meet the squares snake can "glitch" through thin parts of the stage. I,ve done it in man matches with snake and im not sure if anyone else can do it.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
MK being banned is a good thing. Don't know what on earth is taking everyone else so long.

And I realize that Megla, but I made this stage quite a while back. >_> He can easily put in two more blocks if it becomes a problem.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I saw the part where it said that Meat Knight was banned, and then I stopped reading that link.
This is the reason why this game doesn't progress.
Stubborn. I don't see why people should stop reading anything just because of a certain opinion that doesn't match their own.

MK being banned is a good thing. Don't know what on earth is taking everyone else so long.

And I realize that Megla, but I made this stage quite a while back. >_> He can easily put in two more blocks if it becomes a problem.
it's not really a problem just something to be aware of.

I was thinking about that counter glitch if we don't hit them. Can anyone tell me how many extra frames of stun they suffer. That combined with jab 1's +16 frame advantage could set up a charged up smash or maybe even a f smash

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I don't think MK should be banned. However, I did note that you can agree to use MK, so I suppose it may be worth trying. Also, after glancing through the ruleset again, I saw some counter-pick stages on there that people whine about. I tried hosting a tournament with some of those counter-pick stages like Port Town and Distant Planet, and the people who don't usually place well in my area went livid.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Not your fault they won't poke their noses into more than about 10 stages. *shrugs* Either they adapt, or they fail. NS has been running those CPs for a long time now with no problems.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Personally, I don't care where we go because I believe I'm well-rounded. Lately, I've been telling my opponent, after I beat him/her in one game, that I have no ban.

I may even find a way to play on a stage that totally screws over Ike, heheh.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I need something against breloom and special sweepers, because 90% of teams I see has breloom.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I suck in competitive Pokémon play, but I believe I know enough to get by. Are the Brelooms running Focus Sash? I think Swellow/Staraptor can one-shot them.

I run a Swellow with Flame Orb, Adamant nature, Max EVs in ATK and SPD, with these four moves: Protect, Brave Bird, Facade, U-turn. (But in the Battle Tower, Swellow has Aerial Ace instead because the CPUs always have Double Team, those cheaters.)

Edit: I forgot I had a Crobat as well...

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
If you want to deal with breloom, a sleep talker is your best bet. Try Roopushin with guts with hammer arm, mach punch(beat the sub)/rest(make your own use of sleep talk, i will personally stick with mach punch), payback, sleep talk, with special defense/HP ev's

It's basically anti sleeper machamp on Roopushin.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I've heard things of Gen V practically remolding what the metagame used to be with Stealth Rock no longer a TM, the pre-evolution stone, and a couple of Dream World abilities *coughdittocough*. I'm not into competitive Pokemon myself, but I at least know what I'm doing to some extent (though I fail horribly). Dunno why, but I seem to like Magnezone, Electivire, and Gyarados.
@San: How about running scarfed speed sweepers?
@Ussi: Watching shoddy matches on Youtube seems kinda boring to me. =/ Unless you were talking about the carts.

Also: college application johns.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
shoddy battles? I watch people playing wifi battles on their DS with narration. I'd recommend watching wilechase, blakblastoise, and the PMP (Poke Mosh Pit) network.

Also Shanderra can't switch into Breloom, he'll get spore'd

YagamiLight

Smash Champion

Also Shanderra can't switch into Breloom, he'll get spore'd
It's a lot more dangerous to just randomly toss out Spore now thanks to Magic Mirror Espeon.

Often, just seeing shanderaa means that your current Pokemon is a goner.

EDIT: ALSO: Ike's initial dash is very good (one of the best among Ike's character type [i.e. powerhouse]) so even if this takes like 15 frames it's still definitely something worth mastering.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Rar Bair. Dash attack. Shield-dash-jab.

Standing Bair. Turnaraound jab. Pivot grab.

Those options are all better.

I don't see how it's something "worth mastering."

Show me consistent proof and I might believe you.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i use brelom, rubbing standard spore puncher set should be good, but i know a lot of people who replace seed bomb for stone edge

also breloom should almost alwasy be runnig poison heal and toxic orb

lord imagine if breloom could use trick, the shenanigans XD

my personal favourite duo is ninjask baton passing into breloom and destroying lives XD

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
>_> Ninjask, Focus Sash, Swords Dance, Protect, Baton Pass. *sigh* I didn't have my Crobat out, so I wasn't able to taunt it...

Top Bottom