• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Anyone know if we can get 0 lag from QD sometimes like MK nado? It seems like it sometimes to me, but I can't tell just from eyeballing it.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I am not 100% sure of what Ike's Aerial non-hit QD finishing animation looks like (like, the last frame), but I am certain that there should be a lagless point somewhere.

Or actually, there might not be as what would be the lagless 'becomes' the grounded sliding animation if Ike touches the ground. A strange cosmetic change that affects gameplay, maybe.

For an example that doesn't affect gameplay, jump high into the air and begin charging Eruption. Look at Ike's knees as he goes from the air to the ground. Weird, huh?

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Ok so Xyro msged me after I asked about Whobo3 and said that he is holding it earlier to try and get more people to go (aka. Mr. Doom XD) so he said Spring Break in the message so I am guessing it will not be held at the anime convention =\ but am asking him that now... Also yeah Red I figured you could do that just never spent time testing it.... The timing is hard but possible.. very risky if you miss since any kind of edge grab= edgeguarded aether XD lol

theeboredone

Smash Legend
The whole doing d-air off the edge hang thing does sound too risky. Personally, I try to just foot stool them. Works well, especially on enemies with average to poor recoveries.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
So, if I saw that "may or may not be true" leaked tier list...Ike > Sheik, PT, Ness, Lucas, Bowser for a +5 jump. Though Sheik/Zelda is > Ike.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Yeah I saw it. LOL @ Fox though. He *might* deserve to be around that high, but why not put Sonic or Luigi there, when they've proven more than fox have so far?

Anyways, I recently put the stale moves in training mode code, which helps a lot. Learned that FULLY stale bthrow to dash attack works on MK until 137%, falco until like 138%, and DDD until like 163% lol. That means that partially stale bthrow-> dash attack probably works well into the 100s for most characters =D

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
RedX you can easily google it. Training mode is a lot more helpful with stale moves.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Code:
Decay in Training [spunit262]
048E00A8 4800000C
Gonna guess it's that.
Are there any other factors that make training mode different from actual gameplay?

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
So, if I saw that "may or may not be true" leaked tier list...Ike > Sheik, PT, Ness, Lucas, Bowser for a +5 jump. Though Sheik/Zelda is > Ike.
I was predicting something similar to this except I was saying that Ike > Wolf + Sonic but Zelda/ Sheik > Ike.

I told you you were being too sluggish in not putting Ike above Ness and Pokemon Trainer!

Hist

Smash Cadet
The whole doing d-air off the edge hang thing does sound too risky. Personally, I try to just foot stool them. Works well, especially on enemies with average to poor recoveries.
Agreed.
BTW !!!
Found something out right now, if fox gets a dair in the face at around 20%-30% He can still recover when he is spiked down ward.
My face when this happend : http://myfacewhen.com/181/

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I just looked until it went to tumble, and tried it a few times when I turned CPU on They might be able to act out, but testing on CPU that specifically is kind of annoying.

Only played around with it enough to tell that stale bthrow works until much higher %s. In match, if you've already used bthrow a few times, bthrow-> dash attack might work 5-10% higher than normal, so don't be afraid to bthrow at higher percents.

When you are on Rainbow Cruise and the stage is shifting right, you can do every grab release possible on wario to MK. So you get things like GR< utilt, GR< bair, GR< nair , etc. as long as you grab them with your back to the right.

So the next time some idiot takes you to rainbow please GR< utilt
I just wanted to put this up here in case it is possible for Ike to do anything to him. This was for snake boards but it might be possible with other characters to have options.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Wtf? Why not just shoot a kamehameha and end it all? Freaking unnecessary fighting.

Edit: Totally random, but while reading my childhood development book, a study showed that in the US 1/10 women smoke while pregnant. In another, specifically in England, the rate is 1/4th. British Boy, I need an explanation on why London women are so...smoky.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I just wanted to put this up here in case it is possible for Ike to do anything to him. This was for snake boards but it might be possible with other characters to have options.
Oh mai. This would be really awesome. Grab release to Utilt would work, I hope. I have to see for myself now.
My best friend's little brother played this Rachmaninoff
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQKMpg_GlX8

He was like 12 or 13 at the time.
Yeah, this was one of my first "real" pieces to play and it's one of Rach's most popular (sadly so, because also one of his less complex IMO) pieces. I think most people play it too metronomically.
Every once in a while when I'm in a rough spot, I whip it out and re-learn it again for Hulk mode (takes a day to re-learn each time + BANG BANG = efficient choice).

Heartstring

Smash Legend
You guys ask too much, I'll settle for an explanation of why they exist at all.

:034:
i've only been to london a few time4s, and yes i agree that they are all pretty pointless.
however the smoking thing...
you probably know by now that the uk has its own equilivent to wiggers, and they are chavs (or neds to scottish people) its a well known fact that if you are a chav, you MUST smoke at all times, this include the pregnant 13y.o chav girls who get pregnant just for the child benefits (srs)
london is so overrun with them, that 25% ios pretty much all them (i think)
the same ones are the ugly ones, and they have no reason in life either.
i have to live with these abominations being everywhere. lord save me

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Actually, the research showed adults had a 25% rate of pregnant women smoking...teenagers were higher. But that does sound pretty bad...these "Chavs" as you like to call them.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
The band of a school from England came to NY last year to play at Carnegie hall when I was in NY playing there and a lot of the girls were not ugly XD

lol darn school banned youtube DX ill have to edit it in later XD haha

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I might upload another video soon about QD. >_> Someone asked a question about 0 lag if QD is canceled onto the ground correctly, and my best explanation is through a video.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Needs more Hermione...

I've seriously been pondering on using foot stool more often. Certain opponent that comes to mind is how ROB can simply up-air our edge hanging D-air attempt. Rather, I think it would take them by surprise to simply fall on them and foot stool. Granted they have a great recovery, but it may put them on a bit of panic.

Can you foot stool Pit's recovery? Just wanted to make sure.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
also be warned, if you hit pit out of his up-b within the first 10ish frames (not quite sure how long it lasts) he can still do it again.
r.o.b is generally an asswipe to try and edguard, the point of edgeguarding a r.o.b is less trying to gimp him and more trying to rack damage.
but both of these two have this wierd thing that means their recovery isnt refreshed when the grab the edge, a.k.a, r.o.b can only 'refuel' when onstage, and if pit grbas the edge while in up-b, if he tries to drop off the edge and do it again, the time he can do it is 'max normal time-time spent in blue wings before grabbing the edge' and this effect stacks too, so as long as you keep them off the stage rather than off the ledge, you can deal with edgeguarding them, jsut read the getup with r.o.b and youre cooking by gas

•Col•

Smash Champion
Can you foot stool Pit's recovery? Just wanted to make sure.
Im pretty sure you can footstool him, but it wont send him into free-fall... Its kind of like when you footstool MK when he's using tornado.

You jump up, but he isnt affected at all.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
lol, meta knight challenge.
uk has a similar thing, 3v1, the team of 3 all use ganon and suicide their first stock. and then lulz ensues

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
That's the basic idea.
The snake jokingly said that he could take on all three of us if we went MK, so we took him on his offer. The funny thing is that he actually took off two stocks. Join "The SD Club" today.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
That's stupid.
Take team attack off.

THEN watch the fun begin.

Texas Ganon Challenge > Any other game.

Top Bottom