• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Teh Brettster

Smash Master

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
Guess ill do my shoutouts lol

San: Great to finally meet you man and ggs and friendlies as well. The ike is truely amazing and good stuff making it to bracket.

Ryo: GGs in friendly dubz, it was mad confusing doing the sonic ike team. I actually kinda lucky I held my own lol. But other that the ike is crazy good, I wish I couldve played it 1v1. Had fun hanging out with you lol. Good stuff taking Mr. R to game 5 man.

Kimchi: Great to finally play you offline without wifi inference lol ggs man. Pretty cool guy. Ike so goodz x.x

Berserker Swordsman: Nice to meet you man.

Waldo: Great to finally meet the **** himself, had fun hanging out with you. Thats a pretty skilled ike you have there lol.

Golden Psyco: Nice to meet you man. Hope you enjoyed your time here.

Nysyarc: GGs in friendly teams man, those were fun lol.

Ussi: Nice to meet you man.

Overall I had a fun time hanging out with the ikes. Hope to meet you all again someday. Good stuff to the ikes that played in crews, you all put in work lol.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I'm still annoyed you guys didn't prioritize a crew battle or any thing related with the Marios. That match up will be "even" next year as well.
Its just a number in the end. People shouldn't really be fretting over it so much as it is. If people wanna think its even, whatever.
PREEMPTIVE STRIKE!! ggs.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Yeah, I guess we shouldn't strive for accuracy and perfection. No reason in having MU charts at all right? It is just a number in the end.

I find Brett to respond like this in a similar situation.

http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=1891#comic
Yeah, kinda wanted to but it was pretty much very unlikely to get something like that done Saturday or Sunday.

On Friday, everything was messed up because they took a crapload of tables space for pokemon.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
It's okay, Zelda's a terrible character anyway =)

I'll probably post shoutouts in the Apex results thread, but I'll copypasta to the Ikes here. Too lazy to do them now, though.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Waldo: Nice meeting you man. We shoulda played.

XLR8: Tricky Sonic, confused me with your movements sometimes lolol. Good stuff.

Ussi: Good stuff recording the crew battle, and being an Asian Ike along with me haha.

Golden-Psycho: Huge props for coming out of country to come to this. You were pretty impressive to watch.

Nysyarc: Great meeting you! I always thought you were a pretty intelligent guy and talking to you offline just confirmed my thoughts.

Berserker Swordsman: My favorite moment: when you took out Polt's stock with an Aether lmao. MVP of the crew battle in my book.

San: Good stuff making it out of round 2 pools. I know you had a rough time in bracket, but just making it out of those death pools is enough to make me proud of you, well done. Let's train more once we're both back at Cornell and teach each other something or two.

Ryo: Nice finally meeting you man. Your Ike is just stupidly good with your great reads. Great job coming out. Keep it up

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Shoutouts:

As is becoming a trend, I must open with a shoutout to a football team for being amazing. This time to the Denver Broncos and their epic win over the Steelers. GO TEBOW!

And as a general shoutout to you guys, the Ikes are definitely the coolest group of people I've gotten to meet for the first time and hang out with over a weekend. You guys are amazing, only wished I could have met Brett and Bored as well. <3

san: Good to see you again, thanks as always for the encouragement. Your Ike is just... unbelievable. It didn't look like you had gotten much sleep over the weekend, and you were still giving people reasons why Ike is so much better than they believe. Great stuff making it out of bracket.

Ryo: Those friendlies at Ish's friend's place were awesome, glad I got to meet you and play your Ike finally. The best part about you and san are that you're both amazing but barely have anything in common in playstyle O.o

Ussi: GGs in doubles, those friendlies with GP, mampam, and Old Man Sharkie were so incredibly epic, definitely the most fun I'd had with Brawl since discovering Brawl-. XD And you must learn the Peach MU! It's easier than you think, at least imo.

Kimchi: Out of retirement, taking stooooccckkkksss~ Good stuff in the crew battle, thought I'd see more of you though D:

GP: MAH BOI GP TAKING STOCKS! XD Bored, you should be proud of this man. Awesome of you to come out to this tournament, hope you enjoyed America!

Old Man Sharkie: Great to meet you, good job making it out of 1st round pools! I saw you making those whipper-snappers respect their elders ^_^ Next time, I'll show you guys the way TO THE MOOONNN

XLR8: Awesome meeting you, never got to watch you play all weekend though D:

Waldo - does he have a Smashboards account? I'll just leave a shoutout on his AiB >_>

Bored/Brett: No johns, come next time.

Phew, think I got everyone.

Edit: I believe Nysyarc and Ussi can now testify to how awesome my Kirby is ;)

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
Well now berserker theres always youtube vids LOL.

@kimchi my sonic is clumsy lolol.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Hey, just popping in to say that you guys are awesome and I'm really glad we did that crew battle. Shoutouts to Golden Psycho for the legit match in crews, San for the (hilarious) broken Bthrow -> Fsmash crap from double Ike vs. double Yoshi, and Ussi for all of the above + being legit and recording and uploading the entire crew battle so quickly. =D Further shoutouts to Berserker Swordsman for making your pool terrifying to watch and Ryo for trolling BC in friendlies. Last but not least, shoutouts to Nysyarc for teching shuttle loop stagespikes in doubles, scaring me into SDing multiple times in our friendly set, and just generally being awesome as always. ^.^

:005:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Oh i forgot a shout out:

Shout outs to Ryo for mind blowing Brood by doing bthrow to grabbing him out of whistle to bthrow to jumping over him to grabbing him out of whistle AGAIN to bthrow offstage.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Have you seen dat jab?

Playing katawa shoujo

I got Emi's route first...... Just why am i so good at getting lolis?

/lolirouteforever

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Have not watched the crew battle yet, but I'm just gonna go ahead and give props to GP for finally not being a scrub. Now I need to find someone else to pick on.

And sadly, I have come to rely on coffee to wake me up so I can function at work :urg:

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
I'm fashionablely lost
I'm fashionably whatever the hell I want :awesome:
Also, be proud of the Emi route Ussi, tis the only route that is full of laughs. No... really.

Only have two more to do, Shizune and Rin (saving for last primarily due to what i have heard)

Anywhom, in regards to life itself; if only the juggling I am having to do, between one house and another, due to renovation issues. Was able to compare to the juggling with my secondary, i'd prolly be one hell of a marth *eyerolls* XD

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'm fashionably whatever the hell I want :awesome:
Also, be proud of the Emi route Ussi, tis the only route that is full of laughs. No... really.

Only have two more to do, Shizune and Rin (saving for last primarily due to what i have heard)

Anywhom, in regards to life itself; if only the juggling I am having to do, between one house and another, due to renovation issues. Was able to compare to the juggling with my secondary, i'd prolly be one hell of a marth *eyerolls* XD
When it comes to first impressions of the heroines, I like Lilly and Hanako.. Then Rin and Emi.. Shizune is a bit harder to understand since she's deaf and all..

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Yay, I finally have time to do shout-outs!

Shout-outs to Ike players, in no particular order:

Ussi: Awesome to finally meet you! Playing doubles with you on Friday was officially the first friendlies I played at Apex, and the first MM I played at Apex. And yah, we should have just stopped after we won, but it is what it is, lol. Had a lot of fun getting to know you in person, playing with and against your Ike/other characters. You're a solid player and a great guy!

San: Big congrats on making it to the bracket in singles, those second round pools were rough. It was cool watching you and Ripple wreck in dubs too. As far as meeting you and playing you IRL, what can I say? I've often tried to model my play style after you, lol. You're definitely my favorite player and it was great to see that you're an awesome guy in person as well; all the best!

Ryo: MOUEOUWT!!! Lol, it was awesome meeting you and playing your Ike, man! You're hilarious too, a very likable guy. Watching you vs. Brood was so hype, and grats on your performance both in pools and with True Blue in doubles, I wouldn't have called Ike/Sonic being a good team but you guys really make it work. Hope to see you around the boards more often!

GP: Really cool to finally meet you man! Good times hanging out with you and watching the other Ikes when there were never any TVs available, lol. Good stuff in crews too; don't let the outcome of pools get you too down, you still proved you're a great player, and you're a really great guy too!

Berserker: Definitely the most legit Kirby I've ever seen. I don't even think your opponents stop at the moon, they just keep right on going. Really though, great to meet you and play all those doubles with you! Your Ike is really solid and I seriously think you should have got out of first round pools; best of luck at future tourneys, keep reppin' Ike!

Kimchi: Really cool to meet you; wish I could have played you but I kind of lost track of you after crews (good stuff there by the way). It's too bad you couldn't enter the events though, I'm sure you would have done really well even after your hiatus; as always you're a really smart player and a great guy in person!

XLR8: I hadn't talked to you on the boards in awhile so it was nice to meet you there! You've got a great Sonic and your Ike is solid as well; doubles friendlies were a lot of fun, despite (or maybe even because of) our opponents both being Sonic as well, haha.

Blubo: I'm really glad you came over and had those friendlies with me on Sunday, I had wanted to play you but I was too tired/wrapped up in watching the finals to go looking, heh. Your Ike is really solid, and Mario vs Luigi was one of the more fun matches I played all weekend, lol.

Waldo: I rarely use AiB so, in case you do check here, it was good to meet you man! We never played or talked very often online, but I always knew you were a legit Ike player and you're a cool guy in person too.

Any Ikes who didn't attend: You ****ed up.

Shout-outs to other random SWF players which will only get read via name searching or something since I'm too lazy to post them in a more general Apex thread:

Firefly: Great to see you again and it was cool to both be a part of that crew battle. I'll admit, as much as I wanted GP/Ussi to win it for the Ikes, I was rooting for you as well, lol. Awesome Yoshi as always, and you're definitely one of the nicest smashers I've ever met.

Will: MA BOI DOIN WORK WITH DK! Awesome to meet/hang out and smash with you... why you go off-stage against Ike?! That really sucks about doubles, but good **** in the singles bracket.

Kirin: Haha, when Adrian first introduced you to me as "that homeless kid" I didn't know what to think. Awesome Link and Mario, doubles against you and Will were legit. And wow can you ever mash in Mario Party... too bad Croi cheats, lmao.

Excel: Ike/Luigi best team, lol. It was cool to meet you and hanging out/friendlies were a lot of fun. Too bad the crew battle with Luigis never happened, would have been hype.

Old Man Grey: Friendlies were fun, really nice G&W; I'm normally really good at that MU but you kept me right on my toes!

Vermanubis: Great to meet you man, watching you and DLA stomp some people was cool; wish I had time to play you in more than just one set of friendlies though. I envy the villainous majesty of your Ganon, dude!

Espy: Cool to meet you, and I got to watch some of your sets in pools because my NS buddy White was in your first round pool. Really great Sonic, wish I'd gotten to play some friendlies against you though.

There are definitely people I'm forgetting but I'll add any others in an actual Apex thread.

By the way! Ike main photo will be up later tonight, as soon as I get it on my computer. There are probably also other pictures of myself and many of you guys playing, as well as a few vids, but I'm prioritizing the group photo for now.

P.S. Ryo: Custom title of great justice. :awesome:

:248:

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Nysyarc's post reminded me:

WTF @ Sonic in doubles. Ridiculous. I've never seen a character tank stocks, take stocks, and STILL manage to not get super far in bracket. >_> I could not believe my eyes in some of True Blue/Espy's doubles matches lol.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
You mean you finally have time to make a post?
I reiterate:

You ****ed up.
WTF @ Sonic in doubles. Ridiculous. I've never seen a character tank stocks, take stocks, and STILL manage to not get super far in bracket. >_> I could not believe my eyes in some of True Blue/Espy's doubles matches lol.
Yeah, I played against True Blue and another Sonic in friendlies with XLR8, really impressive stuff. I went Sonic too for a couple matches for lulz (four Sonics omggg) and pretty much just spammed Bair, Uair and Fsmash.

:248:

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
yea the other sonic was D1aos(Da1AndOnlySonic). D1aos is a really good sonic and true blue has the doubles exp so it was crazy lol

Top Bottom