• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Speaking of exchanging numbers, I just got a new phone and lost all my contacts.

Those of you who had my number, send me a text with your name (I'm at the same #).

And I guess anyone else who doesn't have it can pm me.

steep

Smash Lord
Ike's still up for a 5v5 crew battle with the Mario's? I'll try to get the Mario's together if you'll get the Ike's together.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Only Ike vs Yoshi crews happened. I got wifi here since i'm a student at rutgers ahaha. Everything is so late too.

Doubles going on. All ikes in losers :| only San made it to winner's round 2 but lost to X an his brother.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
I just find it unfair for the Japanese when they have no one coaching for them and M2K/Anti have the advantage of Inui's coaching. And he just did it again with Dojo/Ally vs. Kakera/Otori, ridiculous.
EDIT: And the benefit of getting coached is getting the full, objective analysis of the other team's bad habits and habits which could be punished. When you add this to these high level players' abilities to adapt during the game, it quickly serves as an advantage.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Coaching is allowed 100%, 1 coach per player/team.

Also, we beat Yoshi's by 1 stock, it was 1vs1, every Ike did work. GP took 3 stocks

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I was hoping you guys would get a crew battle in with Mario. Simply because of how we needed some good proof of why we own that match up >_>.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Drag the Mario mains out to the crew battle. We don't want that false 0 next MU chart update. Tell them if they can't make it, they are forced to accept -1 for their ratio against Ike.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Yeah the coaching was kinda uncalled for, but whatever it was still pretty cool. I had it on while playing Skyward Sword since I got it for my birthday, so I was barely paying attention. Coincidentally half the games I did pay attention to were the Japanese players.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
they effed up schedule and are doing round 2 pools tomorrow morning.. Ryo got 2nd in his pool advanncing losing to Mekos, ShadowAzure told me Ussi did not so great.. Haven't heard anything else, looking at the pool list I didn't even see Kimchi in a pool unless he used a diff name lol... Golden was seeded 2nd in his pool (most the pools put almost guaranteed 1st place player at top in the listing so i assumed it was seeded) so he mighta made it... I would say its safe to assume San made it out of round 1 pools as well.

C.J.

Smash Master
JV 3 stocks. Winning while having 0 percent on a stock is considered a JV of that stock +1

1 stock 0% =JV 2 stock.

C.J.

Smash Master
Ryo drowned in round 2 pools. Haze > Denti > Jash > Ryo > someone else.

Dbl post... my bad.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Yeah, I didn't enter any events cause I didn't have enough money. I just went on Friday to spectate/crew battle.

And WOW, Ryo didn't make it into bracket? That sucks. He was so hyped to make it out of pools. For those of you haven't heard, he beat ESAM 2-0 in a MM and almost beat Ally 2-1.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well, I can see him losing to Denti. He's a really good Olimar player...and Olimar is just a tough match up to begin wtih. I don't know about the others. I figure he had a slim chance vs Mike though.

I'm guessing Nys didn't go too far either in second pools right? Leaving San the only one to make it out?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
There is no MVP in the Ike crews.. We all did work. Sharkie and san took 4 stocks while Ryo and I took 2 stocks (i fought the last two stocks of the Yoshi Crew) everyone else took 3 stocks.

Line-up:

Ike: Kimchi, Berserker swordsman,
Ryo, Sharkie, san, GP, then me

Yoshi: Scatz, Poltergust, MX, Killanator, delta, Sharky, firefly

Yea san is the only one in bracket.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Haze as in Mike Haze and Jash as in that one really good Toon Link?

Would make sense.

Good to hear how the crew battle went down though.

RiverDB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiVerDB
Yes those 2 niddo, even though Jash didn't make the bracket, Denti got 2nd.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I'm proud of Denti.
And I'm really sorry to Ryo that Denti has Ike experience.

Denti in text to me regarding Ryo:
"You guys are similar to a degree. He tends to make his reads strong though. But he's still Ike."

Dustin, you're an ***. Lol.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
SAN I had like 6 really good MMs on your wii and one one of them I pulled off a footstool to sweetspotted LK combo
But I couldn't save ANY OF THEM

BECAUSE YOUR WII IS NOT HACKED :/

Just letting you know I am disappointed :/

:phone:

Top Bottom