• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Teh Brettster

Smash Master

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
this was a fun experience and I'm glad I met you all!

pools was a huge mess...my hands were freezing cold..I told mike I needed a break and he told me no which was stupid.. But I'm not mad anymore.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
There was an APEX stream watching party/tournament for the people in the Dallas/FT Worth area who didn't go. 12 people entered tourney and I'm proud to say that, while I only got 3rd, I won 5 sets because after I choked in winners bracket early, I REFUSED to choke in losers. Even won a set vs a good Zero Suit (FK) coming from a last stock 130% deficit.

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
apex was really fun, glad I got to meet most of the ike mains lol

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Apex was great ! I'm glad I met and played most of you guys. I didn't make it out of R1 either :c I'm just bad, no johns.

I came to the conclusion that the average level here is significantly higher than the one in france (not talking about EU as a whole). I'll need to step up my game a LOT !

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
SAN I had like 6 really good MMs on your wii and one one of them I pulled off a footstool to sweetspotted LK combo
But I couldn't save ANY OF THEM

BECAUSE YOUR WII IS NOT HACKED :/

Just letting you know I am disappointed :/

:phone:
It was hacked. You didn't look hard enough Fuujin. You could save it even though it didn't have the Z button showing after a match (since the SD card was out I think).

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
man this whole weekend was full of MOOOOOOWT!!!!!!

Nys, Ussi, San, Blubo you guys are the greatest!!! Same with _X_, espy, and all the other players. Seeing everyone really made me want to play more and excel in a way that will take the brawl scene by storm!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
G TO THA P WTF WHEN YOU GET GOOD?

caps

I want a more full story than that though. What was the lineup? Who was mvp?
Why thank you, Good to know i proved myself better than what was thought of me XD
I took 2 stocks off sharky and one off firefly, pretty happy with that considering i've never played a yoshi before

Shame i still drowned in pools though! after receiving coaching mid-game I'm beginning to see where my faults are (other than that i am really bad at dealing with pressure, lets hope i can work on that before whobo4)

There is no MVP in the Ike crews.. We all did work. Sharkie and san took 4 stocks while Ryo and I took 2 stocks (i fought the last two stocks of the Yoshi Crew) everyone else took 3 stocks.

Line-up:

Ike: Kimchi, Berserker swordsman,
Ryo, Sharkie, san, GP, then me

Yoshi: Scatz, Poltergust, MX, Killanator, delta, Sharky, firefly

Yea san is the only one in bracket.
I still say we were lucky they forgot about sinister slush, He's better than about half of the yoshi's there
Ussi, When does this battle hit youtube?

GP was right.
America- Land of the free
I called it. And now everyones using the pun XD

Well, it was really great to see (almost) all of you. it's a shame i never got to properly say goodbye, But i had no idea where you guys went! I'm glad to know i'm not as free as i originally thought I was, but i still need a lot of work, According to Ryo i suck at spacing N-air, So i'm just going to Try A-stick from now, because i actually have humans to play against for the rest of the week!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
The last part is being uploaded now, the first 3 parts are already up and viewable, but i'm gonna wait till all 4 are up before i start posting links. The part you care about it the last part ahaha

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Ikes, you guys should post in the Yoshi boards to let us know when the crew battle matches are uploaded. They were so fun and hype. I loved playing you guys.

Special shoutouts to San and Ussi for the double Yoshi vs double Ike set. It will forever live on in our hearts.
We totally should have recorded it ffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

@Psycho - I dunno about Slush, I don't like his attitude and while he has a good mastery of Yoshi's techs, he's lacking in application.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
There was so much synchronizing for both teams. Synchro egg planking, synchro Ike smashes, synchro grab releasing at the ledge loooooooool

Luigisama

Smash Champion
sorry guys. Luigis were scattered and I don't think the other luigis would have wanted to do the crew battle without boss.

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
The last part is being uploaded now, the first 3 parts are already up and viewable, but i'm gonna wait till all 4 are up before i start posting links. The part you care about it the last part ahaha
link to first 3 parts please?

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
sorry guys. Luigis were scattered and I don't think the other luigis would have wanted to do the crew battle without boss.
I probably would have been fine trying it without boss.

...............only difference is that we'd have no chance :awesome:

Kinda disappointed I didn't get to meet you Ussi. You were right in front of me playing thosse doubles with Delta but I didn't know it was you :/

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Now that I am properly up, shoutouts! Most of the tourney I was running on a few hours sleep so I may have been inattentive at times.

shoutouts to:

Happy to see again:

Ussi: Pretty devoted to hanging out with the other Ikes and recording everything. It was awesome to see you again. Doubles was really fun. I used jiggs because I was truthfully getting burned out at times, lol.

Ryo: You have improved so much since MLG Orlando, it's just amazing! You definitely earn all of your praise. It was very cool to hang out with you and True Blue. I do not mind getting styled on at times since it was also cool to be surprised by other Ikes and just make me appreciate him more. Definitely one of my favorite people at Apex.

Berserker Swordsman: I'm glad it's showing the results of your brawl practice. I know you will do nothing but improve. I think you performed very well despite the tie breaker that plagued your pool.

AiB Ikes:

It was nice to meet you guys, since you were some of the last few US Ikes I haven't met in person yet.

XLR8: don't downplay showing off your Ike man, it is pretty good.

Waldo: Same to you. It was great finally meeting you. You are definitely skilled, so don't get discouraged but grow through your wins and your losses. We laid so much destruction when we did double Ike, it was really disgusting how easy it was at times.

Kimchi: Happy you took time to come to Apex! Sorry I couldn't update you, my phone was dying most of the time and not much was happening that the streams didn't follow. I really wanted you to properly meet the other Ike mains.

Out of Country Ikes:

Nysyarc, Blubolouis, and Golden-Psyco: Nice meeting and playing all of you for real. I was really happy to see you beat all those DDDs in pools Nysyarc. I wish I saw you play for your round 2 pools. Now I know two "sharkies."

GP and Blubo, I hope you both enjoyed your time here. For the area, the weather was pretty good because of the lack of snow. Hope you both got in a lot of friendlies and learned a lot. It was interesting to see how you guys played. GP did work in the yoshi crew battle. Hope you felt okay Blubo since it was a long trip and you arrived so late to get accustomed to the new time.

General Namesearch shoutouts:

Had fun seeing and meeting:

True Blue, Excel, Famous, Kadaj, Pitzer, Delta-Cod, Espy, Ripple, D1AOS, Mike Ray, Hinkage, Mav ...

It was nice to see again:
NY/NJ, New England, Florida, Socal, Texas, PA, and of course people in upstate NY (pikapika, goggles, omega tyrant, Mauve, SMM1)

It was nice to meet:
Norcal, EU, Japan

EDIT: Forgot to mention any PA people at all..

I will try to get some vids up tomorrow if possible.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'll do some shout outs then:

Ryo: trash talking your opponent in doubles was fun. Wish i was there to do it during your pools :[ Our spikefest after apex was over was lolsome as well.

san: Our double Ike needs more work. Though i guess its more me that needs work with actually reading the situation better. I started doing really silly stuff at times that I shouldn't do. Also i liked playing your Jiggs just because it was helping me learn to do less dumb stuff and some obscure spacing. Also watching you 3 stock most of us in dittos was fun.

Sharkie: We really shoulda not done a 2nd double or nothing MM with our double ike against a wario/mk team. I got too greedy :| Spectating your pool was fun, and ya had san and I to both coach/keep you calm. you did work in crews as well, taking 4 stocks.

G~P: thanks for letting me stay with you. You really did work in crews consider how well sharky played against san.

blubo: didn't see you much, but it was good meeting you. Too bad you missed the Ike group picture.

BS: good to see you finally. I was sad when your partner went MK vs my team in doubles bracket though :( We had some lolsome doubles with sharkie and mampam. Speaking on whom..

Mampam: Though he might not see it if he doesn't namesearch, fellow touhou lover, though we have our differences with touhou characters, we did pretty nice in doubles in friendlies xD

Telu: it was good playing some soku in person. Too bad we had to share the keyboard xD better than watching MK ditto winner/semi finals xD

the Yoshis: I ended up watching polt's and delta's round 2 pools, so I was with the yoshis a bit. It was good playing crews with ya too. Doubles against delta/firefly were epic in that we both also played each other in crews as well xD

True blue: chilling with ryo, sharkie, G~P, and I at one point. Also he took a picture of san and ryo sleeping ahahahaha I need to ask him about that.

@Thunder well I did use that at KOTC... well we're both in NJ so its gonna happen someday.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I'll do shoutouts in the morning...probably, I'm going to bed now and i THINK tomorrow will be full of sorting out my flight home. So shoutouts will happen when they happen!

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
M@v, I wish I played your Falco after I warmed up a bit. You were the very first person I played with and I played just god awful and I wish I left a better impression of myself. Nonetheless, thanks for the friendlies. Got me more focused into the game early on.

Will give shoutouts tomorrow and probably on the official results thread.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm still annoyed you guys didn't prioritize a crew battle or any thing related with the Marios. That match up will be "even" next year as well.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Its just a number in the end. People shouldn't really be fretting over it so much as it is. If people wanna think its even, whatever.

Top Bottom