• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Meneil

Smash Apprentice

Any Ikes who didn't attend: You ****ed up.

:'<

Hope I can make it next year, it should be more feasible by then. Also good job to all the Ikes who went to Apex, and very nice in crews! I watched the entire crew set and was very impressed with all the Ikes =)

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
800+?!

I'd buy 3 donkies and a packed mule and be a-okay.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Whelp, finished Emi's route. Hers isn't that sad really...
mainly because she's just afraid of losing things.. Cause of Losing both her dad and legs.. Nothing too drastic to get over

Here goes Hanako's route

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
:'<

Hope I can make it next year, it should be more feasible by then. Also good job to all the Ikes who went to Apex, and very nice in crews! I watched the entire crew set and was very impressed with all the Ikes =)
You're still alive!
Glad to know that much. Why don't you ever hang out here?
I payed 800+ dollars. Regrets? Zero.

Ike main photo is up in the profiles thread btw.

:248:
I'd rather spend my 800 dollars on something a bit more valuable to me. Like my Apartment rent for 2 months. Nothing personal.
800 is tooo much.
200? 300? Sure, when I can afford it. I think there will be another WHOBO, so if Ikes come to that, I'll drop a couple hundred perhaps. But NOT 800.
Whelp, finished Emi's route. Hers isn't that sad really...
mainly because she's just afraid of losing things.. Cause of Losing both her dad and legs.. Nothing too drastic to get over

Here goes Hanako's route
NOBODY CARES

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Have not watched the crew battle yet, but I'm just gonna go ahead and give props to GP for finally not being a scrub. Now I need to find someone else to pick on.
This here is worth all the money i had to pay XD

Bored can pick on me now!
*shuffleshuffle*

I payed 800+ dollars. Regrets? Zero.

Ike main photo is up in the profiles thread btw.

Same here, only i paid something like $1200, of more depending on the conversion rate of dollar and pounds
And have you got the picture of me holding a tv like a boss?

I'm just posting from a friends house, i dont get home till sunday, so ill do shoutouts then, but otherwise :L

Noge

Smash Cadet
I've seen that the videos from the crew battle are in youtube :3, i'll watch them later.

Btw I lookd at the matchup chart and there are many things i dont understand...

Why we are +2 vs :pt:? I just think its +1 or even...

And :ganondorf: is way easier than this three others in +2 I think.

I dont think :dedede: is harder than :falco: or so hard as :olimar:...

Many -1 could be even IMO: :kirby:, :rob: (havn't experience vs him, but i think so) and :wolf:

:snake: and :pika: are close to even too(IMO, ofc). I feel :marth: as even too, but I have experience in this MU and my oponents doesn't i think, i understand a -1.

:bowser: , :jiggs: and :mario: could be +1...

:samus2: is on our advantage... (rlly i think we **** him... It's way easier than :ness2: and :lucas:)

:ness2: and :lucas: should be even. I think :ness2: could be -1 (there are many good Ness and Lucas over there) . If you disagree with that, i would love to read an explanation about how to fight them.

Finally, my matchups would look like:

Betwen parentheses if im doubtful (+ means easier and - means harder)

-4: :metaknight:

-2: :olimar:

-1: :diddy: :falco: :popo: :toonlink: :wario: :pit: :zerosuitsamus: +(:pika: :marth: :gw: :lucario:) -(:dedede:)

0: :kirby2: :dk: :rob: :wolf: :fox: :peach: :sheik: :sonic: :yoshi2: :ness2: :lucas: -(:snake:)

+1: :falcon: :zelda: :jiggs: :mario2: -(:samus2: :pt:)

+2: :link2: -(:luigi2:) +(:ganondorf:)

Anyway it's better than the first version, olimar is placed correctly now, and i think falco is OK as -1. :)

Edit: I'm criticizing it harder xd

Noge

Smash Cadet
nobody, you know that cuz you fought me. Anyway i was wanting to do it, just I think that most part of my opinions are right. Why do you speak about visual nobels and about fire emblem in ike's thread?

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
I'm no MU expert in terms of explaining stuff, but I'll give my impressions on some of these MUs.

Why we are +2 vs :pt:?
Overall, it really comes down to Charizard vs. Ike IMO to cement the ratio. Ivysaur has problems offstage against us (against a lot of people, obv) and his kill moves are uber obvious, and Squirtle, while being the best of the three, is super light and we have grab release options on him. Not to mention we can also mess up Squirtle's recovery as well. Just from those two, I'd give Ike a +1 (probably like a +1.5 against Ivysaur and +.5 against Squirtle). With Charizard, he's a huge jab target and really bad aerial speed/jumps which makes it easier to track him down from the air. Beyond Rock Smash, I don't see much of him really getting into our range without trouble. So I'd give the advantage there to Ike again, a +1.

Not to add up the numbers I gave literally (+3 in that case), but just looking at a +1.5, +1, +.5, I'd say +2 works out.

From my own PT experience, all 3 characters rely on their grabs/throws to build momentum, and it's not easy to get in on Ike's jab lol.

And :ganondorf: is way easier than this three others in +2 I think.
I don't know what Ganons you've fought, but it's hardly much more than +2 IMO. A really good Ganon uses reads on pretty much all of your movement to set up his kills, and Ike's doesn't have the most options in the world to counter that. That aside, jab pretty much destroys Ganon lol.

I dont think :dedede: is harder than :falco: or so hard as :olimar:...
DDD gets you offstage. Harder to recover from that than against Falco. Also, CG that isn't useless after 40%. And I don't think you're meant to compare the relative difficulty of each MU, just Ike vs. the character and nothing else. If you think of it that way, DDD may or may not be easier than Olimar, but they're both good counters to Ike.

Many -1 could be even IMO: :kirby:, :rob: (havn't experience vs him, but i think so) and :wolf:
I'm not sure why Wolf is -1 either. I would think that's even. The other two.... meh, I could see it go either way.

:snake: and :pika: are close to even too(IMO, ofc). I feel :marth: as even too, but I have experience in this MU and my oponents doesn't i think, i understand a -1.
Holy cow, Pika is NOT even. I'm not incredibly familiar with what Pika is supposed to do in this MU (I play against an aggressive Pika often, and I'm fairly certain he's not supposed to be aggressive), but Ike at least has some of his work cut out for him in terms of approaching. Also not sure if Pika has a legitimate CG on us or not, does anyone else know?

:bowser: , :jiggs: and :mario: could be +1...
IMO, Bowser is even, I think all of us here think Mario is +1, and IMO Jiggs could be +1 as well.

:samus2: is on our advantage... (rlly i think we **** him... It's way easier than :ness2: and :lucas:)
This is a MU I understand is -1, but not entirely sure why. But -1 sounds right to me. Hopefully someone else can shed some light on this. And uh, can't believe I'm saying this but Samus is a girl. >_>

:ness2: and :lucas: should be even. I think :ness2: could be -1 (there are many good Ness and Lucas over there) . If you disagree with that, i would love to read an explanation about how to fight them.
Even after losing to Mekos and finding that Ryo also did, I'm still sure that it's a -1. Beyond PK Thunder offstage shenanigans, I was mostly in control of my match against Mekos. Unfamiliarity with all of Lucas' gimmicks and setups caught me the most.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm not gonna talk about the MUs in detail, but a few notes.

PT: Ike has a free eruption kill when Squirtle is trying to recover. Get him off stage, charge eruption = win. Ivysaur can be gimped. Charizard is even. So +2. You can make a case that Ike can win this MU 10/10 to make it +3, but that's not how I look into MUs.

Wolf: No experience, so couldn't say anything.

Kirby: Assuming both chars are playing at their best, Kirby's b-air is a super safe move all the while an annoying one to get inside. He can duck under our jabs, and we can't really use QD as a recovery because his b-air has priority. Also our aether can be rock'ed. He also has a free 0% death if he manages to inhale us and walk off.

Ganon: Believe it not, but Ganon can actually hurt us when we're trying to recover from aether. I don't know all the technical details, but he can drop off from the edge and up-air us, not get hurt, and recover back on while we get smacked away. He can also sometimes f-air us as well. Really, had he no options against aether, it would have been +3.

Rob: We tried to push for even but barely didn't get it (4 votes to 3.)

Samus: Honestly, only San seems to get wins consistently vs Samus from what I've seen. I know me, and some other Ike mains struggle against Xyro. Then again he is the best Samus around, so maybe that's why. But essentially, Samus can play super gay and actually string together "combos" that will take about 30-40 damage off if she has her shot charged.

Lucas and Ness: no exp.

Mario: We tried to push for +1. but neither side had evidence. There was an OPPORTUNITY to get such evidence, but geez, some Ikes screwed that up. Who said "No johns" to the Texas Ikes not coming? I say the same to you.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
San and I think Pika is even...

I'm the only one, other than san but he wasn't on the panel, who though Samus wasn't -1.

Sharkie either messed up turning our chart or Mark messed it up.. DDD is supposed to be -1 cause that MU has gotten easier... DDD is spike bait.

Bowser.. the Ike panel thought we were +1, but no one else did. Mario we all think is +1. They all used the "we have no video proof of the MU" excuse when i brought up san vs boss :|...

Wolf.. No one really brought up..

Noge

Smash Cadet
PT: Ike has a free eruption kill when Squirtle is trying to recover. Get him off stage, charge eruption = win. Ivysaur can be gimped. Charizard is even. So +2. You can make a case that Ike can win this MU 10/10 to make it +3, but that's not how I look into MUs.
lol, now i know how to fight squirtle, he was bringing me problems, thanks.

Bored and Ussi, thanks for your explanations :)

Edit: Isn't so hard to make a recopilatory thread with how to fight every match-up short explanations guys, would be nice if you do it :D

Edit 2: lol, I was looking videos and i found that, an expanation about ike vs samus xD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM25MexeFEk

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Sharkie either messed up turning our chart or Mark messed it up.. DDD is supposed to be -1 cause that MU has gotten easier... DDD is spike bait.
I wouldn't have messed that up, I've always advocated DDD being a -1 for us. I love playing that MU, especially when the DDD players don't realize that they're in serious danger off-stage. It definitely should be -1 in the chart... maybe they pulled a last minute change in that final panel?

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
DDD is not that bad for us. I feel that DDD has a tougher time offstage than we have against him. Our Usmash covers like every land option when DDD uses Up b (which means a guaranteed kill at higher percents) and DDD hates our Up b. Also when we space well we can actually avoid a shield grab pretty easily with our aerials and DDD's mobility is so bad.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I dunno if my friend was playing right, but I managed a lot of Fairs against his DDD, fearing the grab. I definitely remember San or someone else mentioning that Fair works wonders in this MU.

Ussi, Sen you up for some Soku?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Brett, what is this mysterious tournament you speak of? Though not sure if I could go anyway, may be too short notice, depending.

:phone:
Well, I just asked Denti if we were still interested and he says he's not sure about going anymore. Apparently it doesn't have a real venue. Like someone's holding it at their apartment. =\
As long as I'm here...how do you fight snake...I seem to have forgotten the matchup or am falling way behind on the times...or both!

:phone:
Read grenade pulls/pickups with spaced dash attack! Don't get hit by Utilt! SDI all the things!
Don't just SDI... DO THIS!
Jab jab jab, read read read.

Edit. Guys. You undermine how difficult the DeDeDe matchup is. SPIKE BAIT LAWLZ. Okay, he can get spiked... slightly more easily that other characters. Guess what! He's also the best character in the game at gimping Ike. He also controls the whole stage vs us just by standing there. And one grab from him is very significant. Because it leads us offstage. And then when we're offstage, he has an opportunity to gimp us.
You know how we recover... FFAD and Aether. Against DDD, we die doing that. Because he's the only one in the game who can fall fast enough to go down there to hit us... and make it back.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I've got no real Exp vs. D3, i have played them, they were just bad :L
The only thing i disagree with noge on is that samus is positive for us, i just can't see it

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
fair is a terrible move that should only hit people who are bad and have slow reaction time
Thank you for undermining my entire match against Ray Rocket's DDD.

._.

Also, everything Brett said. No way is this MU just -1 considering what we have to do to make it that much "easier."

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
best character at gimping ike is MK :|

only character i can't recover against.

Also i was slightly kidding about fair, hitting with the top part of fair is fair game since no one expects it to reach up there. And punishing rolls is also fine with it. But its simple to PS otherwise :s

Top Bottom