• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Whole lot of posts this past day. Trying to build my new PC lol. My first time doing it for myself without helping someone.

Ryo and Pikpik thinks that Ike v Pika is Ike advantage, but I still think it's even.

Pika has ~ a 0-40 CG, and a 0-60 CG at the ledge I believe.

Pika is one of the characters we can jab to utilt, so that's always an option.

Pika has a lot of trouble getting around Ike's nair wall offensively, especially because of Pika's poor grab range.

More often than not, you won't see the CG more than once or twice, since it's much easier for pika to get hits in with quick uairs. Getting jabbed is also surprisingly annoying for pika.

About DDD, sorry Brett but I don't see how DDD can gimp Ike better than like... Peach or G&W or something. I think I'll have an infinitely easier time gimping Ike with Jigglypuff or MK than DDD.

It's true that DDD is spike bait, but that is in conjunction with DDD's crappy upB that can be hit with any of Ike's aerials/smashes or even easier with aether. It was kinda sad to see Nys spam aether at the ledge on DDDs.

The thing that makes it DDD's edge in the MU is that DDD can CG us after 70. If DDD gets a grab at mid % or higher, that's a good 40-50% worst case scenario. Ike can contend though.

DDD and oli can be -1 or -2. Oli is such a jagged MU (Ike gets messed up away, oli gets messed up close by) just give it a number and call it a day lol.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
whelp i've finished Hanako's route in katawa shoujo

Burn victim who was bullied due to her scars that covered her right side of her body form her face to her legs. Another wash of an emo girl who thinks she's worthless to society and tries not to be when the protagonist takes a liking to her. They had a bridge of course, Hanako's only friend, Lilly, a blind girl. Eventually he manages to open her up taking down the walls they've held up from their past to move on in their relationship. Yeesh, its sad since bullying does exist. Kids are evil.

Whelp time to go for Lilly.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
whelp i've finished Hanako's route in katawa shoujo

Burn victim who was bullied due to her scars that covered her right side of her body form her face to her legs. Another wash of an emo girl who thinks she's worthless to society and tries not to be when the protagonist takes a liking to her. They had a bridge of course, Hanako's only friend, Lilly, a blind girl. Eventually he manages to open her up taking down the walls they've held up from their past to move on in their relationship. Yeesh, its sad since bullying does exist. Kids are evil.

Whelp time to go for Lilly.
...what kind of dodgy VN are you playing now?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Katawa Shoujo, the VN of dating cripples as a cripple. You have a weak heart as you suffered a heart attack being confessed by the girl you like and thus you get sent to a school for those who are disabled like people missing limbs or lost one of their senses.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Fair is at best an anti-aerial. Its terrible on grounded foes, except those with crappy dash speeds. Even then, learning the timing to PS is not hard.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
I kinda realized I was using retreating fair the wrong way; now I'll just try and rethink the way I use it. I think I tend to jump around too much and miss jab opportunities.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Well, its just gonna redirect you to "What is SOPA" and stuff.. people will just think its a virus or something at first.

oh look at what i found:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Yeah, let's have everyone just sit around and do nothing. That gets things done.
1) It already has basically no chance of getting through in the first place. It probably only gained this much momentum because people got panicky and started talking about it constantly. There will be lots of talking and debating and going back and forth, but it will fall flat on its face. Particularly with the election coming up and the public having made its opinion clear already. Obama would take a bigger hit in votes if he let it past then if he blocks it.

2) Nobody in congress is going to care about what MLG does. At all. Not in the slightest. Far too small of a company. They are irrelevant and will have zero impact on SOPA.

3) Most businesses wouldn't be willing to use it in the first place except for in extreme situations. Using the bill takes away free advertisement and would easily give the company involved a bad rep to hurt their sales. I'd only be worried about the music, comic, and movie businesses using it at all really.

If people are really that concerned about a bill that has basically no chance of getting through, they should go after the people that caused this bill to spring up in the first place: people who pirate stuff off of the internet. Less pirating would equal less demand from companies like Marvel or small game companies who legitimately take a serious hit from online piracy.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
that snapshot makes it look like a dance choreography instead of a doubles match

Whelp i've finished Lilly's route in Katawa Shoujo
Blind girl from a rich family. She's also half Scottish so she has blond hair, giving her a foreign look. I like her route. Its very well written, and the chapter names are perfect for her route.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
1) It already has basically no chance of getting through in the first place. It probably only gained this much momentum because people got panicky and started talking about it constantly. There will be lots of talking and debating and going back and forth, but it will fall flat on its face. Particularly with the election coming up and the public having made its opinion clear already. Obama would take a bigger hit in votes if he let it past then if he blocks it.

2) Nobody in congress is going to care about what MLG does. At all. Not in the slightest. Far too small of a company. They are irrelevant and will have zero impact on SOPA.

3) Most businesses wouldn't be willing to use it in the first place except for in extreme situations. Using the bill takes away free advertisement and would easily give the company involved a bad rep to hurt their sales. I'd only be worried about the music, comic, and movie businesses using it at all really.

If people are really that concerned about a bill that has basically no chance of getting through, they should go after the people that caused this bill to spring up in the first place: people who pirate stuff off of the internet. Less pirating would equal less demand from companies like Marvel or small game companies who legitimately take a serious hit from online piracy.
That kind of attitude is how government ends up doing what they want, how they want. If I told you a 6 months ago ago that Congress is talking about an act that would let the US military detain US citizens out of fear of "terrorism" while voiding any of our rights, you'd be saying I'm crazy or "it already has basically no chance" right? Oh well hey, look what happened on New Years when everyone was getting drunk.

MLG has already removed around a 100 of their GoDaddy accounts, and GoDaddy themselves have lost a lot of accounts and members after people found out they supported SOPA. That means they lost money. That also resulted in them pulling their name off. While I don't agree with it, Anonymous is threatening to hack Sony again for the same reasons. It's a big deal, because we have a bunch of old people who do not understand today's media/internet that are being persuaded by corporations to censor more than just something like attempts at piracy. As it stands out, people will not be able to make parodies let alone mixes of music and videos. So yes, even things like TeamFourStar's DBZ abridge would have to be removed.

It's a big deal, and doing nothing about it and staying quiet = limitations on the internet.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
That kind of attitude is how government ends up doing what they want, how they want. If I told you a 6 months ago ago that Congress is talking about an act that would let the US military detain US citizens out of fear of "terrorism" while voiding any of our rights, you'd be saying I'm crazy or "it already has basically no chance" right? Oh well hey, look what happened on New Years when everyone was getting drunk.
No, I wouldn't have said you were crazy. Patriot Act exists/did exist? (I can't keep up), and frankly if I was still living in the states and I would have been fine with that law. It's also a security law, while SOPA isn't.

MLG has already removed around a 100 of their GoDaddy accounts, and GoDaddy themselves have lost a lot of accounts and members after people found out they supported SOPA. That means they lost money. That also resulted in them pulling their name off. While I don't agree with it, Anonymous is threatening to hack Sony again for the same reasons. It's a big deal, because we have a bunch of old people who do not understand today's media/internet that are being persuaded by corporations to censor more than just something like attempts at piracy. As it stands out, people will not be able to make parodies let alone mixes of music and videos. So yes, even things like TeamFourStar's DBZ abridge would have to be removed.

It's a big deal, and doing nothing about it and staying quiet = limitations on the internet.
That's GoDaddy, not MLG. GoDaddy is a much larger company. Large enough they can, you know, pay for Superbowl Ads. They're large enough that they actually have an impact. Still doesn't change the fact that people are overreacting, going "ZOMG, YOUTUBE WILL BE DELETED IF IT GOES THROUGH", etc. People aren't thinking things through. Things only get taken down if a company is willing to fill out all of the paper work and take the hit to their reputation. The vast majority of companies would not be willing to do that. The ones that would are the ones that are legitimately hurting from piracy. On top of all of that: people already have a work around for it from what I've heard.

It's not a big deal, as it was doomed from the start, just like many other bills that don't see the light of day that go through the House or Senate. All that's happening now is that people panicked, spread the word everywhere, and companies that might not have heard about SOPA are supporting it while the general public is going overboard. But, the general public outnumbers the companies, so Obama will veto it to keep as many votes as possible for the election this year. Assuming it even reaches his desk of course.

It's kinda sad to watch, and it makes me chuckle a bit, but the odds of it going through are amazingly tiny. Obama would basically have to go "Ya know...I don't want another term".

theeboredone

Smash Legend
That's GoDaddy, not MLG. GoDaddy is a much larger company. Large enough they can, you know, pay for Superbowl Ads. They're large enough that they actually have an impact. Still doesn't change the fact that people are overreacting, going "ZOMG, YOUTUBE WILL BE DELETED IF IT GOES THROUGH", etc. People aren't thinking things through. Things only get taken down if a company is willing to fill out all of the paper work and take the hit to their reputation. The vast majority of companies would not be willing to do that. The ones that would are the ones that are legitimately hurting from piracy. On top of all of that: people already have a work around for it from what I've heard.
Awareness is awareness. Whether it's someone overreacting or someone creating an informative pamphlet. If no one says anything, then it has a better shot at passing opposed to the chances it has now.

It's not a big deal, as it was doomed from the start, just like many other bills that don't see the light of day that go through the House or Senate. All that's happening now is that people panicked, spread the word everywhere, and companies that might not have heard about SOPA are supporting it while the general public is going overboard. But, the general public outnumbers the companies, so Obama will veto it to keep as many votes as possible for the election this year. Assuming it even reaches his desk of course.

It's kinda sad to watch, and it makes me chuckle a bit, but the odds of it going through are amazingly tiny. Obama would basically have to go "Ya know...I don't want another term".
Obama doesn't have to be the one to sign it. I'm pretty sure this internet censor battle is gonna be going on for years and years to come. The internet is already having an impact in the real world, who knows how much more of an impact it will hold 20 years down the line?

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
SOPA may not be as bad as BP to me, but it's still pretty bad. I will just not blatantly support anything they're doing, just like how day 1 DLC greatly affects whether I buy a game or not (looking at you, fire emblem 3DS!)

Anyways, I finished building my computer yesterday, and finished installing all the software and getting caught up with my browsers, Steam, etc. too. I think it was worth it to learn and get used to building a PC. I'm happy all the maintenance I had to do on my laptop paid off with this.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It would have been $1100 but due to the flood in thailand, the prices on hard drives added an extra $100. $1000-1100 was my target budget so not too far off.

The last time I got a laptop was 2009 (and now it's broke), and the last time I got a desktop was 2006 so it's been a good few years.
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500k
Motherboard: Asrock P67 Extreme4 Gen3
8 Gigs RAM
GPU: NVidia GEForce 560X Ti
2TB harddrive
Antec PSU
Decent CD/DVD drive and sound card
2TB harddrive

The GPU, harddrive, and CPU cost the most.

I should have gotten a budget harddrive and gotten a better one later but it's fine.

I feel much more satisfied with this than replacing my laptop for a lot of money. I'm just going to get a crap laptop for like $200.

@Ussi
Not too much if you can get a good deal, maybe a few hundred at most if you're really smart, but you can guarantee you have quality parts.

It's actually wisest to go for a lower-end PC of around $500-800 in the middle of a gaming generation, but I had extra money saved up.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Steam games. I dunno, maybe I went overboard after the frustration of having to delete every steam game I own except like 2 whenever I want to play another game.

Top Bottom