• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

theeboredone

Smash Legend
True that. Internet speeds + file sizes have come a long way. Funny though, Japan still destroys us in the internet speed department.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Ganon stuff
He can also DownB spike you if you Aether low enough to jump over (and since you didn't mention it but I KNOW you know about it, Utilt to pull it onstage).
He seems to have a lot to beat Aether. ^_^;

Didn't mean to interrupt, so carry on.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It's hard to hit with the actual spike of down B, but I'd rather get spiked than hit straight up like Ganon's downB usually does. I think Ganon is fine where he is. I'd rather fight captain falcon since he can't kill as easily and therefore less things to worry about.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
He can also DownB spike you if you Aether low enough to jump over (and since you didn't mention it but I KNOW you know about it, Utilt to pull it onstage).

*reads post, then looks at avatar* OMG MIST <3 *attention span -4*

theeboredone

Smash Legend

No, you're right. I just don't remember everything if I don't play the char on a consistent basis.

And well it wasn't a real sweet 16. Just got a nice gift and that's it.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I honestly would not have guessed that girl was a loli if it was someone else besides Ussi, Sen, or someone else I'm forgetting having that pic as their avatar.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
[collapse=This doesn't look loli to you?]
[/collapse]

if not you're just being selective with whats a loli then!

in fact, over half the time, my avis aren't lolis but you guys think they are lolis anyways!

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Unfair, that's her PoR self. >_>

And that's Bored who always thinks they're lolis lol. I can actually tell, unless it's one of those super dumb she-looks-like-a-loli-but-is-actually-4000-years-old girls.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I hate leveling Mist, so I usually just level her a few times normally and then pour Bexp into her instead of running Blossom. She usually maxes everything. It's a shame she's so bad offensively because she's such a neat healing unit. I always use her along with Elincia.

She's also adorable.

D'awww.

No, you're right. I just don't remember everything if I don't play the char on a consistent basis.
Ah, kay. I just thought it'd be ingrained into you with all of those Ganon challenges. =P

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I have never used Mist even once... i tried once and she died one too many times and i just gave up after that. I saw no point when Elincia comes good from the start.

When it comes to needing a healer, i end up using weapon mastery scrolls on Soren to get him in Physic usable instantly if need be on later levels. Though I usually just bench Soren as a healer to level up his staff without using such scrolls while training my other units.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Well there was the one time in PoR i just BEXP her to 20/10 just to make the black knight chapter easier. Of course in said run, i get 2 aethers in a row. What a waste of BEXP

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
You and I play Fire Emblem differently.
You pick the units who start out good and if you pick up someone along the way that looks better, you take them? Am I right?

I like to judge who will turn into a monster... and then use them religiously. Though I don't put it past myself to have slept on a lot of characters that way. Like apparently Meg is good when leveled? And Shinon is as good as Rolf? Playing on my files, I never would have known.

... I would have gladly taken another decent unit over Sanaki in endgame of RD. Just tooooooo squishy.

EDIT (unrelated):
Did anyone else see the press release by Obama regarding SOPA today?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
SOPA is related actually, considering 2 pages ago.

back to fire emblem:

I use units that either A. don't take long to be good B. start out good. I'm pretty much got an engineer mindset since i prefer to be efficient.

I never use Rolf, always use Shinon as its less of a pain.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Like apparently Meg is good when leveled? And Shinon is as good as Rolf? Playing on my files, I never would have known.
Meg is very good, yes, but if you're talking long-term, Gatrie will always be the way to go for a Marshall. Also, Dawn Brigade chapters make it really hard on Meg to get some decent EXP.

And if you're still talking about RD, Shinon pretty much destroys Rolf due to level, base stats, and better defensive stats. In PoR, they're both pretty average.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Didn't play the FE games in forever. I forgot most of the characters' names. My Rolf always turned out really good in the end for some reason. I guess for me it depends on the luck of every level up.

But Wolfe and Sedgar forever remain the most OP fire emblem characters.

edit: typo

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
So i finished Rin's route in Katawa Shoujo

unless i didn't get a true end or something, her route doesn't even talk about her missing limbs. Never find out what caused her to be that way unlike with the other 3 girls i've completed. Rin's personality is also... indifferent, something i really don't like but I still went through with it. Guess cause i'm not into art myself, that I really didn't click with this route. Anyways, I didn't like Rin's route or character.. so meh. Time for Shizune, the deaf girl.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Starting to go on a mass download spree on my unplayed steam games that my old computer was never able to play. 1 week left, 100 games to go. About 10 games I'm interested in. I plan on getting through 2-3 games at least.

Sonic Generations, Oblivion with as many mods as possible to make it interesting, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (either one) for now. Might play smaller games if bored.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It's not hard when everyone's close enough to achieve a blue connection anyways.

Top Bottom