• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I have anime club today, actually. I only go to hang out with friends that seldom discuss pertinent topics, and throw on some favored anime once in a while. I don't mind those days, as I normally just relax and go nonchalant.
Incidentally, Autumn Break is hastily approaching. Hype. What are you all planning to do for your breaks? (provided this pertains to you)
:pinkiepie:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Buying a 3DS during the Target sale for $145, then I will buy Super Mario 3D land.

Have a test today in Signals and communications, after that I am free for a while.

Anyone interested in playing a game I am making for an intro class? It is in beta form right now, and it's the first time I am making a game.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It's still buggy in a few places, but the game has inspiration from megaman in terms of difficulty & music. Basically go fast to kill enemies and destroy obstacles, or else you die. It's pretty hard right now, but I kind of like it like that.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
im also hoping to go into games design, so it would be good to take a look at a game in progress

lets take a look ^.^

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Anyone interested in playing a game I am making for an intro class? It is in beta form right now, and it's the first time I am making a game.
Depends, can it run on a Mac? Otherwise I'm out of luck on trying it...

I'm actually working on a text-based RPG at the moment, eventually going to add a GUI. It's nowhere near able to be tested though; it runs well enough but there's plenty of bugs and several more features I'd like to add.

:248:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Well mr. Santiago, It doesn't want to load, the file youve given me appears to have everything, but the icon called 'Speedup - Shortcut' fails to load the game up and then says:

The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'speedup - Shortcut.lnk' refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disc is properly inserted or the network resource is available, then try again

I have no idea's, but this is me running off an old computer on windows XP

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
let me check. To find the actual exe, you need to go to game files -> speedup -> speedup -> bin -> x86 -> debug, lemme check

Yep, don't work on other computers, probably because of visual studio or XNA requirement lol

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Buying a 3DS during the Target sale for $145, then I will buy Super Mario 3D land.

Have a test today in Signals and communications, after that I am free for a while.

You can buy the 3DS + Mario 3D Land for 180 as a bundle. Though it's the red 3DS if you're into aesthetics.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
How does one be mobile with Ike? I'm trying to up my mobility game since mobility is a problem i have.
Not sure exactly what you mean. Although if you mean like, fluid and quick movement around the stage, I find that smart and careful use of Quick Draw is very helpful. Use it immediately after hitting an opponent away, use it after a full hop onto platforms or after a short hop to auto-cancel it on the main stage. Only use Nair, Bair and Jab unless a very specific situation calls for another move... and don't roll, ever.

Mobility is great and all, but unless you can combine it with good spacing, reads and etc... it'll just end up being flashy and otherwise pointless.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Do the Red-X thing...

Red: -Pretend to approach opponent by doing multiple empty hops, making yourself look quick.-
Me: -Poker face...f-smash-

But yeah, empty hops, fast falling off of platforms, QD. I'm telling you, people don't expect us to pull QD out of our ***. It's a free 10 damage, gets the opponent in the air long enough for you to recover and apply pressure. Definitely one of the best "pull out of my ***" moves for Ike.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I tend to get punished for empty hopping @_@ I need to be so less obvious about it...

I wonder.. How does FF Bair work as shield pressure?

Also, pretending to play like a scrubs so works at times -_- that it makes me not like brawl...

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Bair is sometimes okay to use on landing. You have to time it well and you don't always have the chance to use it because the opponent could powershield.

Sorry about the game. I actually configured it so anyone could play it recently, but it involves moving a folder to an obscure folder in your My Documents Folder lol

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Because fire emblem is a turn based game so mobility has nothing to do with it besides mounted/transformed units moving 2 more spaces than foot units minus knights/generals who move 1 space less.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Because fire emblem is a turn based game so mobility has nothing to do with it besides mounted/transformed units moving 2 more spaces than foot units minus knights/generals who move 1 space less.
Buuut Ike actually has pretty good speed stats in Fire Emblem.
So I was like "go play fire emblem"
Cause hes faster in that than in brawl

Get it???

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
It's actually pretty confusing and a poor attempt at satire in the eyes of those who have never played Fire Emblem, the latter for those who have. I really just skimmed it since I had zero comprehension of it's meaning, even remotely.

Also, hello Fuujin. <3

Edit: Nyke, what console do you use to play MW3?
:pinkiepie:

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I love the progression of bluntness here.

That's also clearly your problem Ussi; the Inverse Sympathy Law indicates a lack of skill after plugging in your level of sympathy for his bad joke.

All I did was explain why no one laughed. I didn't show any remorse o.o;; as I didn't really say anything encouraging...

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Top Bottom