• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
What, you can have all of the other bajillion lolis you've probably held captive in a dungeon somewhere. Youmu's mine D:<
Lol sorry, but Youmu and I share something a bit more deeper than just that owner and loli sort of thing. I'd pull out the book of ronery memories to see how salty I could make you for mere enjoyment, but nah. XD

Also that is rude of you to say they live in a dungeon, i'll have you know these lolis are working in a very close knit community on an island. And live peaceful lives

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
LOL Bored. I actually stumbled on that rapper once while looking up stuff The Game-related on Youtube. The instant I heard rapping I stopped the video and continued searching for actual videos on The Game that I play. Yeah, not really a big fan of most of the rap that's recent so I sorta stopped listening to it like 3 years ago. Oh and that's like the first time in a while I have been associated with The Game (besides avatar, name, and location).

EDIT: @ Sen: have you ever tried recovering on to FD's ledge offstage recently? I'll give you a ton of cookies if you manage to do that over 9000 times in competitive matches.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
How about finding each one's ethnicity (I blame ASIAN studies for putting me into this)....

White - sen, palpi, slaps, brett, MR. Doom, Craysyn, Niddo
Caucasian - G.P., Rydle
Black - San, disasterAbdul, Mr.Doom, Ryo, Ryko
South Asian - Me, Ussi, Bored
South-east Asian - Red-X
East Asian - Yagami, metroid, jam

Anyone I miss?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Quick, edit Niddo into Canadian before he notices and stabs you with a rusty pen knife! You'll regret it for the rest of your (very short, at that point) life!

And if we're going by ethnicity it should just be white or caucasian, which would include American, Canadian and European.

:248:

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Ryo is Afro-American. lol
Niddo is a Canadian. In Texas. Go figure.
And I think you have Asia a bit mixed up. Aren't you guys middle-eastern Asian? I'm southeast Asian. lol
I forgot Light and Metroid's ethnicity.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
How about finding each one's ethnicity (I blame ASIAN studies for putting me into this)....

American - jam, sen, palpi, slaps, brett
Canadian - Craysyn, Niddo
African American - San, Mr. Doom, disasterAbdul
South east Asian - Me, Ussi, Bored
East Asian - Red-X, Yagami, metroid
European - G.P., Ryo

Anyone I miss?
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm just as American as jam, sen, palpi, slaps, and Brett. Don't let the color of my skin fool you otherwise.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
whoops,

btw, caucasian are European right? so I guess it fits.

middle-eastern Asians are Arabs, which none of us are. maybe our lineage stems from there but India and Pakistan are south east definitely.

Red-x: What country r you from? I consider everyone not South eastern (afghanistan, pakistan, india, nepal, bangladesh, sri-lanka, Iran) as East asian (i.e, China onwards).

EDIT: Gotchu Mr. Doom, though I'm a bit surprised you don't have an African heritage. Anyone Latino?

Also, isn't Ryo a Spaniard?

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Caucasians are white peeps in America. :I
So I guess people who have a European background but born in America are considered Caucasian.

I thought South East Asia was Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand and Laos. >_>

Rydle is from Spain. Ryo is from Florida.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
Oh yeah,,, my bad. I get it now....

edit: Nevermind, Editted the post for accuracy:

White - sen, palpi, slaps, brett, Craysyn, Niddo
Caucasian - G.P., Rydle
Black - San, disasterAbdul, Mr.Doom, Ryo, Ryko
South Asian - Me, Ussi, Bored
South-east Asian - Red-X
East Asian - Yagami, metroid, jam

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Actually caucasian usually refers to Europeans, and originally it was a derogatory term for northern Europeans. More recently it's just used as an alternative to calling people white though, no matter where they're from.

I tend to just go by black, white, asian, etc... to be honest. It's like what Mr. Doom said, he was born and raised in America and is more than likely proud of that fact, so why would he want to be referred to as being part African? If I was a black guy living in Canada I'd want to just be called Canadian or black, not African-Canadian.

Edit: Mr. Doom is black/American. This whole racial categorizing thing could lead to some problems so I may have to suggest we end it here, lol.

MJG

Smash Hero
whoops,

btw, caucasian are European right? so I guess it fits.

middle-eastern Asians are Arabs, which none of us are. maybe our lineage stems from there but India and Pakistan are south east definitely.

Red-x: What country r you from? I consider everyone not South eastern (afghanistan, pakistan, india, nepal, bangladesh, sri-lanka, Iran) as East asian (i.e, China onwards).

EDIT: Gotchu Mr. Doom, though I'm a bit surprised you don't have an African heritage. Anyone Latino?
Also, isn't Ryo a Spaniard?
They see me trollllin

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303

Edit: Mr. Doom is black/American. This whole racial categorizing thing could lead to some problems so I may have to suggest we end it here, lol.

eh, nothing wrong with knowing ethnicity, it happens all the time in schools/colleges. but... my last post was edited and posted anyways so its over. I'm surprised no Latinos main Ike, and I don't consider the Toon Link main to be an Ike main.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
There was bound to be a video like that...though I'm a little disappointed on a lot of them. You can tell they were fake by just recreating the situation.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I am Filipino-American. This reminds me of when me and my bro were younger. We went to our dad and asked what we were. He said American and we said "Aren't we Filipino?" He then told us that we were too American. It's a bit weird to me since I sport the Philippine flag on my sig and show off my pinoy-ness on XBL when I know little to nothing about our culture and language. Go ahead and chalk me up as East Asian (Far-East according to my parents), but know that I am too American and also part weeabo.

LOL @ vid. Even if it is fake, it's still funny to laugh at.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
lol @ American being a race. Mist don't be so fobbish

Man, black/negro sounds more better to say than African American, but I wouldn't know really.

I usually go with... south asian and east asian... southeast is just vietnam ya?

@Silly video

its failtastic

I liked the 9 counter... after a 6. and the ******** Ike QDing into Ike's aether.... who aethered completely off the stage

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
EDIT: @ Sen: have you ever tried recovering on to FD's ledge offstage recently? I'll give you a ton of cookies if you manage to do that over 9000 times in competitive matches.
Wouldn't any sane person say no to FD during a competitive match? Then again, hearing that come from me is a bit appalling XD

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
once the salt is out of you, i'll throw it at sen so he's salty

So new BBR mu chart is out~ i'd say it needs sone ironing out, but most of the MUs are agreeable.

Inb4NiddoragingaboutICsbeing-1

Palpi

Smash Hero
Morgan Freeman goes to the next step and says that it shouldn't be me calling you a white man or a black man, just a man. I am pretty sure he doesn't agree with black history month either, for it just invokes how separated "we" still are today.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
lol, what does salty fingers mean? on that note, what does butter-finger mean?

edited the ethnicity for great justice.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
i'd link but on meh phone

Its stickay on the metagame and ruleset discussion

@palpi

People need to stop being butthurt from a general label.. I can umderstand derogotory words, but black man isn't... Like that i wpuld think. I'm quite happy being brown, wouldn't mind being called a brown person in the same sense you a black person black.

And butterfinger means candy or can't grip anything

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
you think DDD is worse? Sure ain't -1 though.

Falco is a bit of a toss up. Falco in theory can camp and has a good boxing game... But san just wrecks falco in practice.

Falco really does well at lower %, but at higher % its a hard to land a kill.. But he has laser > bdacus

BBR MU chart

Top Bottom