• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I had to laugh at this. This is why I love Silven. His facebook status reads this...

"After all these years I'm still in the lead for Ike videos Ryko. 62.7K views to your measly 52.6K. TROLLOLOLOL!"

I changed Ryko's real name to Ryko for privacy reasons z.z..

Heartstring

Smash Legend
with the increased concentration of random going on in here, i mistook this for the rob boards XD

anyway, in order to shut a2zomg up. what are the applications of oos u-smash in a match in which it is not outclassed?

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
I had to laugh at this. This is why I love Silven. His facebook status reads this...

"After all these years I'm still in the lead for Ike videos Ryko. 62.7K views to your measly 52.6K. TROLLOLOLOL!"

I changed Ryko's real name to Ryko for privacy reasons z.z..
What ever happened to quality over quantity.......
@Usii: Lol late grats I suppose. urge to do that if I get my first thousand

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
with the increased concentration of random going on in here, i mistook this for the rob boards XD

anyway, in order to shut a2zomg up. what are the applications of oos u-smash in a match in which it is not outclassed?
absolutely nothing

Question: What about usmash? It comes out as fast as ftilt!

Answer: Only on the front end. Also usmash has shorter range in front and hits frame 31 at the back. You can get all calculating you want but OoS ftilt is better for frontal attacks and OoS Bair is best for behind assaults.
If you reeeally want to to put it to use... maybe someone's laggy smashes can be hit with usmash OoS I'll see who is laggy enough to be hit with it.. that shield push won't mess it up

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940

If A2ZOMG is welcomed on a character board, that character board is officially a lost cause, and nothing can be taken seriously from anyone who frequents that board.

Why are you wasting your time with that stubborn, brain dead, hypocritical, extremely bias, "I am never wrong even if what I just said contradicts what I said about a different character", self-absorbed idiot?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
absolutely nothing
Actually, Usmash hits behind Ike from frame 28 to 31. And sliding an Usmash away from your opponent OoS isn't too bad an idea at KO percents if they don't see it coming or try to spot-dodge it, because the hitbox works wonders for punishing spot-dodges. And if they underestimate Usmash's IASA frames it's free Jabs.

And Ftilt OoS? What's this? For frontal attacks on your shield use Jab obv. Maybe Ftilt if they spaced something really badly and it might KO them.

:248:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Niddo, its only a video game. No need to hate someone for ignorance into a video game. You act like he's insulting your race or religion

@Nys

If you are using usmash OoS, ftilt is better to use for front attacks. Hell dash attack hits better than dash usmash i would say.

If you aren't using usmash OoS, you aren't gonna want to ftilt either.

Jab of course is the best OoS option if time allows it.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Actually, Usmash hits behind Ike from frame 28 to 31. And sliding an Usmash away from your opponent OoS isn't too bad an idea at KO percents if they don't see it coming or try to spot-dodge it, because the hitbox works wonders for punishing spot-dodges. And if they underestimate Usmash's IASA frames it's free Jabs.

And Ftilt OoS? What's this? For frontal attacks on your shield use Jab obv. Maybe Ftilt if they spaced something really badly and it might KO them.

Maybe I'm envisioning only a certain case of OoS, but when we mean OoS, do we mean after blocking an attack, after doing a shield dash, just standing and shielding, or any of these situations? Because it seems to me that the only time you'd want to USmash OoS would be the first case and maybe the second case if it leads into the first (running up and then shielding an incoming attack). Otherwise, just seems like a random USmash.

And yeah, I'm with Ussi on Ftilt over USmash. Seems like a better way to counterattack OoS.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
With a tilt stick, believe you can buffer a turn around ftilt too. So that'd be faster than usmash OoS if aiming for behind us.

Dash usmash OoS just realized includes shield drop, so that means its 25 + 7 + dashing frames

Maybe this might work for usmash OoS.. If you are shielding and the foe attacks your then grabs the ledge then tries to attacking/land on stage right away.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Niddo, its only a video game. No need to hate someone for ignorance into a video game. You act like he's insulting your race or religion
I enjoy insulting people who have been repeatedly shown the errors of their ways, yet refuse to change.

I'm actually a lot more calm when people insult my race or religion. I'm more focused on ripping apart their argument calming than I am on just verbally slapping them. lol.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I enjoy insulting people who have been repeatedly shown the errors of their ways, yet refuse to change.

I'm actually a lot more calm when people insult my race or religion. I'm more focused on ripping apart their argument calming than I am on just verbally slapping them. lol.
I'm just more focused on pissing people off. I think I do my job well.

Heartstring

Smash Legend

because im easy trollbait, thats why XD

and it kicked in again when he said ganon's dsmash had use XD. even verm was telling him he was wrong and hes the most cool headed guy on earth XD

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I just bothered making out the inverse sympathy law

and wouldn't it make more sense if it was

s = 1/S? or s = S^-1

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I just bothered making out the inverse sympathy law

and wouldn't it make more sense if it was

s = 1/S? or s = S^-1
err...i never looked at it that way, the one in the thread title would be a negative sympathy law...
HEY! IM REVISING!

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I thought it was funny with the whole negative sympathy so I didn't say anything.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
isn't the kid in your sig named Conan? Fine episodes he's doing.
The character in my sig is Keima Katsuragi saying his catchphrase.

What about a PSC Usmash? (even if it might not happen as often)

EDIT: Since Ike doesn't give sympathy, he essentially has zero (0) sympathy for his enemies, making it 1/0. Oh hey look a black hole...

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I've hit quite a few things with OoS upsmash before. Granted they were mistakes and meant to be bair OoS.
Falco's short hop bair for instance.

I'm not too keen on using ftilt like that. I'd rather bair.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
well, usmash is notorious for ducking.. so many times attacks are aimed at Ike's head so they completely whiff when a usmash starts.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
err...i never looked at it that way, the one in the thread title would be a negative sympathy law...
HEY! IM REVISING!
I thought it was funny with the whole negative sympathy so I didn't say anything.
:S sounds funny but - 0 sympathy would equal 0 skill in the end.

Need to do what jam said, divide by 0.

also @ jam, why PSC usmash when you can PSC fsmash?

holy crap did not realize i was double posting. Memory lapse

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Food for Niddo:

I was lurking the Mario boards and A2 was like

"Ike can't jab to bair but I heard he can jab to dsmash though to kill Mario at 130%"

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
And this is why we need to catch up to you

And Brett, that's the point I'm making, he mention an option that shouldn't be used.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
A2ZOMG said:
Furthermore I don't think he combos Mario into B-air after Jab1.
That line in particular was my favorite. Because it's common knowledge that we do in fact "combo" other characters into Bair after Jab 1. Just, not Mario.

In other news, I approve of your new custom title San.

Top Bottom