• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

theeboredone

Smash Legend
That list is very strange. Olimar is only a -1 for us?

I hate these kinda lists...hard to read. Always get numbers mixed up x.x

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Olimar is probably -1 because of the Olimar side. All I know is that either side can **** the other, there's no middle ground. After playing Logic, Fino, and Cook a lot I understand the MU more, at least.

I just have qualms about a lot of the -1s against lots of the high tiers: pika wario ICs and some others that I think are even at least. There's a few other things, but that's pretty much it, the rest I'm pretty eh about.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I guess that's what happens when you make a list like that. You try to be broad as possible, but then the lines get blurred quite easily.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
you're not gonna vent your rage here?

I was expecting even, but advantage was lol
Takes too much effort, and I would be fine with even.

Their terrible number system on the other hand...

I'm sorry, but if it leaves MK with three neutral MUs, your number system is pure trash. Junk it, go back to the old one. Nobody goes even with MK. Best anyone does is 45:55, even with an LGL in place.

Esper~

Smash Cadet
This is going to sound really dumb, but it's an opinion of mine.

I don't think Ike vs Ganon is +2 Ike's favor, Link should be near even. Wario feels like 0, yet Kirby feels like -1.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I just don't see Wario at an advantage over us. I just don't. Nor do I think he's a very good character.
We can't be biased because we outrange wario in pretty much every way.
Plus that's without considering the infinite. I don't think most of us even bother to learn it.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Wario's a solid character, but I think our MU with him could be about even, but not our advantage. I play against and team with a very good Wario player a lot offline. We outrange him and have some guaranteed grab-release stuff but that's really it; he has plenty of options in the air and on the ground to make our Jab much less useful than in other MUs, his Dair and bite combined with his air speed are rage-inducing.

There's his recovery and his KO power is as good as ours thanks to his Fsmash, Uair and Waft. He can't really gimp us too well, but overall if he plays properly and doesn't get grabbed, Wario definitely has an edge on Ike. It can be even as long as we can get some grabs and make use of them for damage and KOs.

:248:

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
Ike has a pivot grab infinite on Wario, after air releasing him.

I forget the exact frames on it, but I think it was close to being a 2 frames room for error. The main problem with the infinite is, outside of being so precise, one mis-timed pivot will likely result in eating Wario's waft.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Takes too much effort, and I would be fine with even.

Their terrible number system on the other hand...

I'm sorry, but if it leaves MK with three neutral MUs, your number system is pure trash. Junk it, go back to the old one. Nobody goes even with MK. Best anyone does is 45:55, even with an LGL in place.
I think their number system is fine, they just got some numbers wrong.

This is going to sound really dumb, but it's an opinion of mine.

I don't think Ike vs Ganon is +2 Ike's favor, Link should be near even. Wario feels like 0, yet Kirby feels like -1.
For Ganon and Link, bthrow > dash attack > edgeguard

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, when it first was found... idk even how long ago that was, but a long time ago... I used to practice it a lot. But then shortly after, our major Wario player quit, so there was not a very good reason to keep up with it. It's definitely one of those things I wouldn't want to try during tourney unless I was fresh with practice on it.

Edit: Going back to a previous conversation, about CGs and grab releases and stuff, with the timing being just close enough not to work... What do you guys think about grab releases to stutterstepped Dsmash or RAR Usmashes? Totally impossible?

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
I've countered links recovery too. One good read with counter offstage and Link's a stock less.

Me asking about DDD and falco was mistake on my side; I misunderstood their number system. What I wanted to know was why is DDD and falco the only ones with adv. on ike and how come Marth is slight adv.? and, I agree with ICs, wario and pika to be even. the thing most annoying about wario is that he weaves in and out alot with his aerials.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Why is because san and Ryo exist. We need to step it up to their level so characters can't abuse Ike's weaknesses as much.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
Jersey thing? man... people these days. they have no pride for their country.

@ berserker swordsman: is that so, I'd have liked to play my sonic against yours if I was able.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
@ berserker swordsman: is that so, I'd have liked to play my sonic against yours if I was able.
I'm not a fan of dittos outside of Marth and Kirby, but I wouldn't mind being able to Sonic ditto every once in a while lol.

@zerker: Such a Tsun-tsun XD
I was just using you to get more posts in the topic. That hurts right here *points to heart*

The only thing I like about Smashboards over most other places is Multiquote. Sooooo useful....especially after frequenting GameFAQs in the olden days where you had to switch back and forth between the topic and message lists to get quotes from multiple posts.

@Esper See this post:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72ZbDNAh6uU&feature=channel

uh, Red was telling me how you guys needed BThrow %s. I'm not sure if you guys still need it or not but <_<

:]

"Bowser 0%~99%" makes me cringe though, but w/e. Have fun. I didn't make the video. And I have no idea what

Bthrow's Stale(revison):105%
(Training mode is always 100%, you know)
The following numbers mean the damage when Ike grabed.
(Ike can do DA that time.Remember these means stale 105%)

means.

If you're too lazy to watch the video:

Mario 19%~88%
Luigi 0%~88%
Peach 0%~85%
Bowser 0%~99%
DK 11%~97%
Diddy 20%~86%
Yoshi 0%~93%
Wario 20%~93%
Link 10%~91%
Zelda 15%~82%
Sheik 19%~82%
Ganon 11%~94%
TL 3%~86%
Samus 19%~94%
ZSS 19%~80%
Pit 9%~87%
IC's 0%~85%
R.O.B 21%~93%
Kirby 28%~79% (Kirby sould jump+Airdodge)
MK 19%~79%
DDD 0%~95%
Olimar 0%~81%
Fox 18%~80%
Falco 19%~81%
Wolf 15%~91%
Falcon 22%~92%
Pikachu 19%~80%
Squirtle 18%~78%
Ivysaur 0%~89%
Charizard 11%~94%
Lucario 22%~90%
Jigglypuff 28%~74%
Marth 19%~84%
Ike 23%~92%
Ness 0%~87%
Lucas 0%~87%
G&W 0%~78%
Snake 11%~96%
Sonic 21%~87%

Heartstring

Smash Legend
haha, i still cant figure out miltuquote...then again its because in most scenario's i'm using quick reply, time saving liek a boss

also....**** yeah national pride
sadly, our national anthem is terrible, for my 4000th ill probably just post pictures of the greatest englishmen to ever exist, like winston churchill followed by a quote from said person

as for ditto's...i hate them with a passion, sadly everyone in the country seems to love them XD i have a pocket kirby just in case i have to fight another rob...or zss XD

Esper~

Smash Cadet
I'm not a fan of dittos outside of Marth and Kirby, but I wouldn't mind being able to Sonic ditto every once in a while lol.

I was just using you to get more posts in the topic. That hurts right here *points to heart*

The only thing I like about Smashboards over most other places is Multiquote. Sooooo useful....especially after frequenting GameFAQs in the olden days where you had to switch back and forth between the topic and message lists to get quotes from multiple posts.

@Esper See this post:

Thank you~ I'll start on this now. The CPU is set to shield, right? I can't read Japanese :x

Edit: nevermind, there isn't a shield option lmao

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
I'd suggest something incredibly immature and pointless, so the Internet can rejoice.

Edit: ...My sig doesn't show up on this one post. O.o

Edit2: It showed up as soon as I edited the post....SMASHBOARDS MINDGAMES.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Manly dinner. Just had two chipotle chicken burritos courtesy of a buy one get one free. Wonder if that equals to one Freebirds Monster burrito.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
EDIT: Not bad at all. still, you failed the first try :glare:. And... why are you so hooked with that female? something you not telling us?

could be your sister though so... nevermind

Top Bottom