• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Cornell has one of the largest frat systems in the country dawg.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Fraternity...basically a "brotherhood" of sorts you join. You end up doing community service, promotions for parties, and other events. Though really, you don't have to participate in the community service as much once you become a member (You're basically their ***** when joining). Frats also hold parties for anyone to come to (another way of promoting). So yeah. College life.

his body is ready
Wait, you DID get the Goku reference right?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Fraternity...basically a "brotherhood" of sorts you join. You end up doing community service, promotions for parties, and other events. Though really, you don't have to participate in the community service as much once you become a member (You're basically their ***** when joining). Frats also hold parties for anyone to come to (another way of promoting). So yeah. College life.

Wait, you DID get the Goku reference right?
oic

no, that wasnt a reference to goku at al, it was instead a reference to an e3 conference whenthye were showing off the wii, there was an instruction of the scree nsaying 'are you ready?' and the guy said into the mic 'my body is ready' with a creepy smile

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
I was at a smashfest today and oh boy did I suck =(
I hate it, as soon as I realised I wasn't doin great, it actually got worse u_u

And I still can't get around the snake mu, I'll definitly try and get some matches recorded cause I know the theory but I can't do ****

@Nys vv
It dos for me, I'm quitting online now lol

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Played WiFi on AiB for the first time since our last Ike bi-weekly just now. Oh my god. The lag. It's amazing how the fact that I've played basically equal shares of WiFi and offline since Brawl came out makes no difference in how bad I do at WiFi after playing offline-only for awhile. I'm glad it doesn't work the other way around (for me at least).

@Blub: I find Ike's grab game can be very effective against Snake, since a lot of Snake players will assume Ike is going to Jab and just hold their shield on. Plus grabbing and throwing Snake (as long as you don't pummel) means Grenades he's holding aren't a problem. I tend to get a lot more grabs on Snakes than just about any other character. General tips, don't let him control the stage, be aware of how his nades work, your aerials are very punishable by his tilts if spaced poorly. Jab. Grab. And then Jab some more.

Oh and juggle/pressure him; if you get him in the air or off-stage, keep him there.

:248:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Hm, so I have yet to test the pivot grabbing stuff on MKs, but what about other opponents? Do you think pivot grabbing could limit other opponents and their ground approaches?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I sometimes mix in a pivot grab against ICs because if you do grab one of them at max range it adds that extra bit of distance between them and you can then Bthrow -> turn-around and Fsmash if it's Nana left behind. Has anyone tested pivot grab against Ganon's ground approaches? If we could pivot grab him out of Wizkick, Gerudo and DA it'd be cool, but seeing as he's already one of our easiest MUs I doubt it'd be a major breakthrough.

Other than that, not much comes to mind. I don't use pivot grab very often.

:248:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well as far as the ditto match up goes, I don't see it working well against Ike. Seems like dash attack and short hop f-air and possibly n-air could hit us. Unfortunately, I won't know for a while unless I decide to go wifi happy.

I can easily deduce no to Olimar or DDD. DDD's grab is probably longer then our pivot grab lol. Olimar plays too defensively. Perhaps Falco, Fox, and Wolf...

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Falco shouldn't really ever be approaching us on the ground except under very safe circumstances, and I don't think interrupting his Phantasm with a pivot grab would be the best option. Wolf... maybe, but I don't really know that MU well enough to say. Fox yah I can see pivot grab working depending on how the Fox likes to play.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Falco shouldn't really ever be approaching us on the ground except under very safe circumstances, and I don't think interrupting his Phantasm with a pivot grab would be the best option. Wolf... maybe, but I don't really know that MU well enough to say. Fox yah I can see pivot grab working depending on how the Fox likes to play.
if a falco does an onstage phantasm i tend to just jab it, although it doesnt work if they do it too high up...it works relatively well
also as for ganon, we can pivot grab him out of dash attack and wizkick, but not gerudo, unless im spacing it wrong which is likely, but i think gerudo is a damn good move after all
also, seeing as i killed the r.o.b boards with this, i want to see the effect this has on the ike boards...

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
if a falco does an onstage phantasm i tend to just jab it, although it doesnt work if they do it too high up...it works relatively well
also as for ganon, we can pivot grab him out of dash attack and wizkick, but not gerudo, unless im spacing it wrong which is likely, but i think gerudo is a damn good move after all
also, seeing as i killed the r.o.b boards with this, i want to see the effect this has on the ike boards...

You'll get no sympathy from me kitty until you smack the sleeping one with your paw, NOW DO IT!

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I've been procrastinating too much. I already studied craploads for each test before, so studying for finals feels so monotonous.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
i have the ACS exam .. Which is orgo 1 + 2 combined comprehensive exam T_T

Also Calc 2 + Physics exam and a philosophy exam.

•Col•

Smash Champion
My exams are in january

they hearin
they ragin
Pretty sure everyone would rather get them out of the way and get to Winter break instead of having to wait until after.

Anyway, I had an abundance of projects/papers/presentations +tests instead of Final Exams. I've been working ALL night every night for the past week on papers. After I finish this paper that I'm working on now, I only have one Final Exam this week.... And it isn't cumulative, so I'll only have to spend an hour or two actually studying for it. :bee:

.....Can't wait for winter break.....

theeboredone

Smash Legend
And your score is based on national % ranking...so if everyone sucks, you get an A >_>. That's why AP and IB testing can be flawed.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well ive come to the conclusion that ike mains are hardly effected by by my new kittens, with only brett hinting towards teh cuteness XD
and for the record, shortly after this photo she DID hit the sleeping cat, it resulted in a playfull tussle which was fun to watch

Top Bottom