• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
**** THAT GAME

I couldn't get past 20 meters running because I only made it that far once.

Getting past 5 is a damn chore. And the only reason I lost at 20 is because I pressed a clf muscle too early and backflipped.

I'm going to beast it sooner or later.
Just not tonight.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Dude, us Americans can't watch that lol. Banned in the US region of youtube.
dude gutted, foo fighters are gods XD

also ive seen a grand totla of 3 minutes of halo/cod/shooter montages, i dont find shooters interesting unless im playing and even then my tactics are so bad i always have a negative k/d ratio

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Is anyone else constantly getting a "you need to log into MLG Staging to see this page" when trying to go through smashboard pages? If I hit cancel enough times it gets past it, but it's annoying. -_-

@bored: MLG wannabe players. Trust me. They use a lot of songs like that. And failmontages.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Nope, I don't. What're you guys talking about?

Anyone play Super Meat Boy?

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I meant why are you guys getting that? Already saw the picture before.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
anyone know the potential uses of shift register and counter in logic gates design? I got an exam soon and I'm stuck trying to understand concepts and applications lol. Electrical engineering really gets to you if you slack off.........ugh.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, I haven't gotten anything like that.

Oh and I found out Mr. Doom just quit mainly because he's not "contributing" enough to the Ike boards, is tired of it, and we have "San" lol. Oh and he's sick of the Ike boards.

Edit: I'm kinda disappointed. Feels like the moment he joined the BBR, he left us lol. Now we only have some Canadian to tell us what's happening in regards to Ike.

Edit2: Ani, why would you slack off on EE? lol.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
o_o he contributed enough to me. Just telling us tourney results was awesome :D

I mean... Its not like we've doing anything different or advancing Ike's metagame. Last thing we did was talk about QD which wasn't even that big.

Well, can't force him to stay, but by that he quit from pressure that wasn't even there.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
No guys, he's still on the boards, just not on the IKE boards. He posts in the regional threads and what not. My mistake for not clarifying that.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
anyone know the potential uses of shift register and counter in logic gates design? I got an exam soon and I'm stuck trying to understand concepts and applications lol. Electrical engineering really gets to you if you slack off.........ugh.

Counter is exactly what the name says. It counts every clock cycle lol, depending on what kind of counter you use. There are many different types of counters that could be used to basically increment whenever you tell it to in order to count or if you need a specific output. That's why things such as the enables and load are there, in order to help you. In something like a basic microprocessor, the output of a counter that increments +2 every clock cycle would help go into the instruction RAM in order to output the next instruction to be decoded when the next clock cycle is reached.

Shift register could be used to calculate arithmetic in an ALU, delaying a signal, or used in a register file in order to hold a value unless accessed by a certain instruction. It's really just a bunch of DFFs all connected to a clock. When they're aligned like that, if there are N DFFs, the first DFF's input takes N clock cycles to appear at the last DFF's output.

Shifts in general could be used for stuff like multiplication.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Does it have anything to do with not finishing watching vids?

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
Counter is exactly what the name says. It counts every clock cycle lol, depending on what kind of counter you use. There are many different types of counters that could be used to basically increment whenever you tell it to in order to count or if you need a specific output. That's why things such as the enables and load are there, in order to help you. In something like a basic microprocessor, the output of a counter that increments +2 every clock cycle would help go into the instruction RAM in order to output the next instruction to be decoded when the next clock cycle is reached.

Shift register could be used to calculate arithmetic in an ALU, delaying a signal, or used in a register file in order to hold a value unless accessed by a certain instruction. It's really just a bunch of DFFs all connected to a clock. When they're aligned like that, if there are N DFFs, the first DFF's input takes N clock cycles to appear at the last DFF's output.

Shifts in general could be used for stuff like multiplication.
Thanks San :>. counter and shift registers are very important for microprocessors and RAM then i c. Do you also happen to know if D-Q flip-flops are the most frequently used than others like J-K flip-flops?
I am currently in COMPE class which is going through definitions and uses of these logic designs. There is also VHDL and verilog but we aren't getting too much into that. I really like to go deeper and learn the actual uses of these designs as right now I'm just learning their functions.

College life = soo much to do... dunno wut all to take in.

EDIT: I was wondering...... I have like 12 brawl videos in .bin that I really want to convert into videos. Could anyone find time to record these .bin files and send it to me via mediashare or something similar. If anyone can, just PM me and I'll send the .bin files to you. Thanks.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Thanks San :>. counter and shift registers are very important for microprocessors and RAM then i c. Do you also happen to know if D-Q flip-flops are the most frequently used than others like J-K flip-flops?
I am currently in COMPE class which is going through definitions and uses of these logic designs. There is also VHDL and verilog but we aren't getting too much into that. I really like to go deeper and learn the actual uses of these designs as right now I'm just learning their functions.
I'm not exactly sure because I'm not much farther at all than you (intro courses), but so far we've mostly dealt with D-Q flipflops. Verilog is awesome. If you can program a digital logic circuit in Verilog, you can understand how something works so well. My digital logic final isn't until the 17th so I can worry about all this stuff later.

For last minute studying, I definitely recommend trying to search for Digital Logic and Design PDF by Wakerly on thepiratebay or something.

And speaking of brawl vids, there are so many I need to upload, but I just haven't had enough time to personally record and upload (takes hours depending on the number).

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
I'm not exactly sure because I'm not much farther at all than you (intro courses), but so far we've mostly dealt with D-Q flipflops. Verilog is awesome. If you can program a digital logic circuit in Verilog, you can understand how something works so well. My digital logic final isn't until the 17th so I can worry about all this stuff later.

For last minute studying, I definitely recommend trying to search for Digital Logic and Design PDF by Wakerly on thepiratebay or something.

And speaking of brawl vids, there are so many I need to upload, but I just haven't had enough time to personally record and upload (takes hours depending on the number).
lucky you, my final is on 15th. unfortunately, I have 2 finals this coming monday also.

so you're major in electrical engineering or computer engineering?

I agree: Verilog is awesome. I got the gist of it in one of the lab presentations we had. But me and my class are currently doing labs with VHDL. They aren't very much different if you ask me.

I'll sure check out the PDF for that book you're talking about. More help the better.

@bored: PMed

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
You can make good quality vids that are 20-50 mbs (length dependent of course)

I would recommend to make the video 480p cause well, unless you plan to watch it 720p, that's the best quality for size.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I don't have pinnacle. Videos are originally recorded as avi, and when I convert them to wmv files (50-70 mb), the audio de-syncs.

Top Bottom