• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

metroid1117

Smash Master
Orgo at Northwestern sucked, but it wasn't terrible; our averages were around high 60s. I'm glad I got that out of the way last year so I could focus on Bio this year.

Good luck with exams guys! I got done last week :p.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
That's more to pictochat being a crappy stage.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
heh, people here and gonig nuts for pictochat, they believe its more legal than brinstar, rainbow ride and jungle japes, err nuuu...

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
You can't predict the transformations and a good number of transformations have their walls or hitboxes come up immediately, or sometimes even before the transition is even finished drawing.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Jesus, he's got more posts than San and me put together. The funny thing is I don't even notice that he posts a lot, it seems like he doesn't post any more than anyone else.

:248:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
force of nature perhaps?
probably got used to it
seeing as im only on here during the early hours of american evening (gives me less posts to reply to) i guess thats purty good

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I guess i was the only one to notice Bored posted alot, but then again i posted the 2nd most so I always saw bored's post xD

We were neck and neck till black ops came out, then I stopped posting for a while. /nolifekeepingtrackofposts

I had a dream I was freakin Goku and I came home and saw my dinner of 8 pizzas on the table n_n

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I read this topic before I went to sleep and had a nightmare about chemistry.
Funny, last night I had a dream I was attending some weird university and there was some kind of humanoid alien or something patrolling it's perimeter. So I asked some guy what it was protecting us from and he said it was making sure no one escaped and that it would kill anyone who didn't pass their exams.

No joke, it was a fun dream.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I always remember my dreams. I'm always me in my dreams, and half the time I know that I'm dreaming and it just keeps right on going anyways until I decide I'd like to wake up or something irl wakes me up. It's pretty boss actually.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I usually don't realize i'm dreaming even if it doesn't make sense. It makes sense then until I wake up and go, "what the hell was I thinking?" when I think back to it.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Well my favorite dreams are the rare ones I get that are super-vivid and I know I'm dreaming and I realize I can just do whatever the heck I want in a dream. I start jumping twenty feet in the air and ****, and the sensation seems realistic in the dream because your brain tricks you into feeling what you imagine it would feel like.

I can never fly in a dream though. That's what everyone says is like the most fun dream or whatever or the dream they want to have, that they're flying. Well I can't do it, something always seems to hold me back when I get a vivid dream like that and try it.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
O_O! Every time i realize i'm dreaming, I TRY TO FLY TOO! But I never can T_T

>_> I also did try doing something perverted only to have my parents show up instead

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I did mean in my dream. I'm like "lets try [insert perverted idea] out!" And in come my parent in my dream. I'm like "not even in your dreams" is very literally.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Half the time I realize that I'm dreaming but barely.

"Hey did this dude always have 6 fingers...? I..guess?"

Never try to fly or anything but my physical abilities are always much better in dreams. I jump from building to building escaping enemies. All my dreams have people trying to kill me. Is this bad?

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I dreamed I was a ghost once and started flying around through some walls. Wasn't that interesting to me. Maybe I need to fly like Superman. I wish I had more lucid dreams and more of them like some visual novels or something.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I have been having pretty epic dreams the last semester. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and I'm like what'll happen next? =D Then fall asleep and continue.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
san, i do the same thing, but in morning when i need to get up

I never get the same dream though :( I get a new one then want to continue that and the cycle continues till I realize i'm late to work/class

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and I'm like what'll happen next? =D Then fall asleep and continue.
I love it when that happens, and then you actually continue the same dream when you fall asleep again. In the morning though I tend to forget the earlier dreams and just remember the last one I had if that happens.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Hm, generally when you wake up midway through a dream, and wish to continue it, you end up dreaming something all different altogether.

And Nys, you are definitely a strange case. People do wake up, remembering their dreams really well, but forget them 5 minutes later. I don't know the exact science behind it (I'm sure it's vague to begin with), but that's why people keep dream journals.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Yah I'm definitely weird when it comes to dreams, I can still remember most of some dreams I had years ago. Even the ones that aren't too vivid I can recall for a few days after the fact.

The only thing I don't get are recurring dreams; like, my dad says whenever he sleeps in a certain position he gets this recurring nightmare, the exact same one every time, but he never realizes it's the same until he wakes up and then he gets major deja vu. As far as I know I've never had the same dream twice.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
it's been FAR too long since ive had a dream, and all past ones i remember were pretty grim
a happy childhood, yep

Looks like someone missed my post on why he stopped posting here. smh.
i did, it was probably buried under about 5 pages when i was asleep, someone want to say?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Keeping dream journals is actually a good way to exercise your ability to remember dreams.

I haven't had any I remember this semester... a shame. I had a ton over the summer. Now that I'll have less on my mind for a bit, I'll probably make an effort to remember dreams. And when I do that, I'll re-work my ability to recognize dreams. And when I do THAT, I might be able to lucid dream again.

Have any of you guys had lucid dreams before? It's REALLY hard to do, but it's really really cool when you do.
(Lucid dreaming = recognizing you're in a dream and controlling it consciously.)

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
I usually remember my dreams. Like last night, I had this strange dream where I was playing a Fire Emblem that was a mix of Blazing Sword and Radiant Dawn, which is strange because I haven't played Fire Emblem in weeks. >_>

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I had two lucid dreams, once when i was 10, and once when i was 13. 13 was my perverted attempted but backfired, 10 was my attempt to fly but that also failed.

Anything close is me knowing i'm dreaming but i decide to just go along cause i'm too tired to take over the dream LOL.

Snowed for 10 minutes where i am.

Silva

Smash Apprentice
@G.P:
Oh and I found out Mr. Doom just quit mainly because he's not "contributing" enough to the Ike boards, is tired of it, and we have "San" lol. Oh and he's sick of the Ike boards.
With regards to the dream thing, anyone ever had some sort of preminition (if that's the correct spelling)?

Those are the only 'dreams' I ever have.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
@G.P:

With regards to the dream thing, anyone ever had some sort of preminition (if that's the correct spelling)?

Those are the only 'dreams' I ever have.
ah, thanknig you, im assumnig the bbr got on his back then about not donig enough

also, i dont ever get that but i do get deja vu, its wierd, i have a moment in life and i can remember a dreams from many many years back having the same course
goddam my dreams are boring

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Ever had a dream of you getting a really good grade on a test.. Then you wake up? Once I didn't realize until a few seconds later and I was like oh wait -_-

Speaking of tests, only 1 test left til I'm done! So relieved right now.

Top Bottom