• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I think you can do it with enough practice. You're a music major, I think you should have enough technical skill and musical experience to get this down :).
I'm 99% sure that it will be the hardest thing I've played thus far in my life.
I'm trying to think of a good recital program for next year. I don't think I can waste too much time trying to learn something I can't play.... and I REALLY want to learn the whole sonata. I've had daydreams about performing that last movement for an audience here. I just need to start learning it as soon as this semester's out, basically, if I think I'm up to it.

I guess if I give myself enough time, I can learn that whole sonata + enough other music to make an entire recital program. Don't expect a video of THAT one any time soon, though.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
jab it.

Oh my school had the most unorganized tournament ever. People were coming in as last minute entries, and some even didn't pay the entry fee yet or have parents sign a permission slip because Black Ops was there. FFAs, FFAs everywhere. At least I lost to a pretty good Snake on a 1v1 match. No one was following any rules set up (Attack spam is banned, win is determined by stocks and percents) If it weren't for that Sudden Death, I would have won. we both had 2 stock each 124% (me) to 125% (Snake player). Didn't get to save because was not on hacked Wii and it went to 5 minute time out (for speed sake). Such a great game though. Afterwords, knocked out of Black ops and then played RB3 for teh lulz. But I lost my iPod :( What do I jab to get it back?

Someone help me with the Snake MU when they have the chance.
reading this hurt me on the inside XD

-RedX-

Smash Lord
A second Ike forum vid would be nice but not everybody here has clips and someone needs to go through the hassle of capturing/editing/video stuff.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
A second Ike forum vid would be nice but not everybody here has clips and someone needs to go through the hassle of capturing/editing/video stuff.
Meh good point, the clips are an issue of their own seeing people would need the replay hack or get seriously lucky with getting a match in under 3min. Am sure one of the many editors in the Artsy area of SWF wouldn't mind putting it together, if we get on our hands and knees, and bribe a bit. I wonder how many Ike's here have capture cards. If it is at least two or three and they have time on their hands, it could easily be a joint effort by handing replays out evenly.

Then again; it is easier said than done, but hopefully it can see the light of day...... somehow

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I would if I knew how to and had time, but I have none of that right now =(

Anyways, Does anyone know much about fthrow-> dash attack? I think it may work on falco at mid-high percents fairly easily, but I'm not entirely sure on it in general.

Speaking of throws, I'm also trying to perfect fthrow/bthrow so they land near the edge, then running and doing a reverse jump-canceled upsmash. It works sometimes lol.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Fthrow/Bthrow near the edge so they go into that falling animation? I've noticed it a few times but I didn't think running Usmash would hit. If it's legit, then it works the same way as DDD Dthrow near the edge->Usmash follow up on certain characters.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Fthrow -> Dash Attack does work, but it's only higher %s, and a much smaller range. It was listed in that Bthrow -> Dash Attack vid IIRC.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Reverse jump-canceled Usmash? How do?

Oh and I think the throw near the edge would work best on slanted edges like Lylat, and (possibly) Electric PS2.

As for the Snake MU: yeah tried to keep him juggled in the air, but with Lylat's dark background, I could barely see the C4s dropped when he was up there. Playing on a smart board is pretty wool but weird. And the only reason I lost was because of Sudden Death. I find it funny that we have a tie breaker rule for the CoD and Brawl tourneys, but only the CoD one was reinforced. :(

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
Reverse jump-canceled Usmash? How do?
You're basically cancelling a jump with upsmash, like the name suggests. What I do is run, and hit X and A with my thumb near simultaneously (obviously jump has to go first) and hit diagonally up and away from the direction I was running.

It's super easy once you get the hang of it, I never mess it up. The window is pretty lenient.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
I've been using Z as jump for a few days. It really helped my spacing.

Z as jump? Nairs have never been this safe *advertisement music

EDIT @jamlosingthegame
you get a bigger range at the back of usmash, and i think it has a greater shield stun/push. Also you get that small lasting hitbox

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
Is there any difference to a regular Usmash that I should notice?
Switching up the hitboxes messes up the opponents timing for avoiding it. Also, hitting with the tip of the back end is more powerful and harder to punish (though slower, it punishes spot dodges perfectly.)

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
That game.

I was at 65m, bouncing with one leg on top of the fallen hurdle. I had found a button set up where as long as I held down two keys while bouncing on that hurdle, it was impossible for me to fall. I was moving about .1 m every 10 seconds, but I was going to make it to the end.

And then my laptop ran out of battery power. ;_;

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
QWOP is so like 2-3 years ago. Beasted that ages ago (running method, the only way)

theeboredone

Smash Legend
For some reason, when I think of a second board montage...I think of the song "All the right moves" by One Republic.

I dunno...though usually I'm a mix between video game soundtracks, instrumentals, beats, and lyrics.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Maybe we could use that piece Brett wanted to play so bad. After he's all done practicing it and gets it perfect, we should have enough clips to go along with his cover. Then again, that sounds like a good idea than when I thought of it.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Ha, good song, but I always felt it was hard to fit in a hard rock song to any montage. Dunno why. Oh and not sure most of the guys here would agree.

Anyways, what happened to Mr. Doom?? He still updates his FB, but no talk here.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm going to stick by my "All The Right Moves" . There's something about it I really enjoy. It can play completely through the montage, or as a credits thing, but I like it. Perhaps we can work on a montage over the break?

Also, I dunno how to fit that piano song that Brett linked in...I mean...yea I just don't know what clips would go well with that.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
The only problem I have with that song is that I've seen it in at least 3 montages already. :/ It's a good song though.
Really? Well this is what happens when I don't bother looking around for other montages lmao.

Ussi, are you talking about "Battle Hymn of the Soul?" I have that play on RC lol. Solid song.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
something like that, think its "Battle for everyone's Soul", plus i like the reincarnation verison of it. Has a nice eletric guitair in it.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame

theeboredone

Smash Legend
That last link...feels like something I would envision with a vintage Sheik. Second one feels like it has a beach theme too it lol. And there's one part in that song where it stutters/remixes for too long. Kinda gets annoying. First one is way too slow, and has too many quiet/slow moments.

Ussi, link to this mix? The one I have on Brawl has guitar in it...not sure if it's the same thing though.

Top Bottom