• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
@Blub What was your question again? (well I guess it was answered already so)
Ledgedrop nair is kind of slow. It's pretty decent against those above you, but it takes very long to reach any distance below or behind you

Marth: Bair the whiff or bair space, powershield->jab, fair the whiff, rare mixups in dash attack and jab2. if marth rises high enough where you can get below him, get in low and quick and follow the land to pressure more.

ROB: you can pretty much bair that OoS. Bair or Nair spam pretty much. Fair sometimes, but it's kind of slow in terms of matching with ROB's fair (especially on reaction).

It's not wise to be sitting around in shield when they're spacing fairs Blub. You'll find it more rewarding to move around and space. Even dash shield is enough to punish some of the more poorly spaced attacks.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
@Blub What was your question again? (well I guess it was answered already so)
Ledgedrop nair is kind of slow. It's pretty decent against those above you, but it takes very long to reach any distance below or behind you

Marth: Bair the whiff or bair space, powershield->jab, fair the whiff, rare mixups in dash attack and jab2. if marth rises high enough where you can get below him, get in low and quick and follow the land to pressure more.

ROB: you can pretty much bair that OoS. Bair or Nair spam pretty much. Fair sometimes, but it's kind of slow in terms of matching with ROB's fair (especially on reaction).

It's not wise to be sitting around in shield when they're spacing fairs Blub. You'll find it more rewarding to move around and space. Even dash shield is enough to punish some of the more poorly spaced attacks.
pretty much this
also r.o.bs fair is far from spammable, if anything its an OOS move and then to be used for psuedo WoP offstage. if someone spamming it in a similar fashion to marth's, then theyre dong something wrong, ike can jsut b-air it, or because r.o.bs air mobility is disgraceful you can probably just space an OOS fair against his fair, just because if hes left lingering in the air hes kinda a sitting duck
i cant help you with marth though, i *hate* fighting marth

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Yes, because you're going to place higher than 18th at a MLG tournament using only Ike.

Because you're going to beat the MLG champion.

You're going to win multiple tournaments with Ike, going up against his worse MUs, played by good/top players.

Scrub, you ain't going to do any of that. Particularly if you think wifi actually means anything. You probably still think QD is a good move.

This is the Ike boards. We don't give out sympathy. You're too arrogant for your own good: we're going to laugh when you fall flat on your face.

Use Marth
Use Snake or MK
Use Marth
QD sucks we all know that, even if it's only good use is to bait or stall the clock for a few seconds at best.
Can we at least give out pie?

Where does this scrub live mang? I feel like a nice lil trip to where ever it may be and have some 'fun' with this nub <insert Jin/Hazama like psychotic laugh here>

@Ussi: Is it the 'special' kind XD

Heartstring

Smash Legend
and there was me thinking QD was our best move all along, i suppose your going to tell me fsmash is bad too...

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Story bosses are just too easy minus the final boss.. and the story ends fast.

Secrets however are entertaining.

But permanently miss-able stuff just is a thorn in my side, I have to restart to get all the summon tablets and djinn now. I only got 3 summon tablets and missed 14 djinn

I just am disappointed at how fast it ended story wise ._.;;

>_> It just didn't feel as challenging as the first two, the whole sucks part really isn't true.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Golden Sun sucks -_-

I hope the 4th Golden Sun won't be a let down. (As obvious as a 4th one is coming now)
True, it's better than the first two, but the first two are bad by today's standards.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
.-. but they weren't bad during their time

The only reason I don't like it is cause its short and ends in an obvious cliff hanger

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
eh maybe. You can't have nostalgia goggles though. Golden Sun: DD is better than the first two. I remember the first two being easier than DD, but that's just me (because I decided not to summon spam as much as when I played the first two) The worst part is that you can't equip new items or at least trade when full, and items stockpile fast on characters, and that's more of a nitpick. I like the game but I have pretty low standards.

But then again I haven't beaten the game yet like you. I've almost aquired all of the um--- gear though.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I did a unguided playthrough, and I did not a single side quest.

I'm redoing the game before I do side quests as I want to fight the harder bosses with all djinn and summons. I barely beat the final boss with a team of 7 djinns + 2 8 djinns.

Summon spam fails too, I hate the concept. DD is definably way better in everything, just its too SHORT!!! and they only made one boss really hard storywise.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Of course DD is going to be short.

It's the hook game for the main GS storyline. GS1/GS2 were just there to set up the main story after all.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I don't think it's that short. I'm over 20 hours so far, even though sometimes I was paused for a long time while I organized my Djinn.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Got a rehearsal today and jury with client tomorrow. Project due on Tuesday I haven't started. Jury Friday.
And I'm watching old Ike compilation videos.
I should be voted time manager of the year.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
About Golden sun, I beat it a little while ago and..

So everything just went back to where you started? What about them vortexes, huh? Didn't seem like much was accomplished other than fixing a mistake that you guys started

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183

Exactly why I was slightly disappointed, i was constantingly thinking, WHEN WILL VORTEXES BE ANSWERED?!? I kept thinking this was only the first half, after we get the feather, we get to do some epic stuff and FLY and deal with vortexes! BUT NOPE! Only in the next game -.-

I really hope we don't play as Felix's son in the 4th game, that would just be so silly. And then that would mean maybe not getting all characters the next game if they decide to keep parties only up to 8.

I'm doing a 2nd run now, and wow its so quick. I'm at 4 hours and I got Amiti already. Then again, speed runs on GS1 is fast too, but GS2 is a bit longer.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I think I completely beat golden sun now. Got all of the most powerful gear for each character, beat the game, and beat all of the optional bosses. So glad I'm done, now onto better things.

About the last optional boss
Dullahan was quite a challenge, since I tried to use no summon spam. The beggining was really easy, and he couldn't do much damage at all. He even did 1 damage on my beast-form Sveta with his long sword attack.

Things took a REALLY bad turn for the worse when he randomly summoned Charon on me. Did about 500-600 on all of my characters, killing Karis. RIGHT after that, he used Djinn storm on me, making me lose all my Djinn, turning Sveta back to humanoid form, and leaving me to think I'm screwed because he heals so much.

The next 10 to 15 turns or so consisted of me reviving my characters over and over again as they die to the large sword attack (1 hit kill because of no Djinn). Things were looking better when I managed to recover most of my Djinn when he Djinn stormed me again, and then killed Matthew and Karis. Since Sveta ran out of Psynergy points, she couldn't revive anymore, so I just bum rushed him with attacks until he charon bombed my last two guys.

The backup came in and I ended up using only 2 summons to finish him. I was surprised I had him so close near death before the first djinn storm halted my offensive. Oh well, good riddance. I had to resort to summons in the end, but oh well -_-. Djinn storm and summon charon are his only moves to worry about.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
DD was a bit of a flop storywise just because in the end you really didnt accomplish a whole lot. but the characters (aside from himi) were pretty interesting and the presentation was good. combat was fluid etc etc, pretty good, had some flaws

i'm sure GS4 will resolve most of the problems since they hinted at it a lot through out the whole game
we can even guess who 3 of the new party members will be.
Felix's kid
riefs sister
and takaru
but you probably wont know who that is unless you pay attention to what npc's and stuff say

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
You didn't accomplish much storywise in GS1 either. I liked how you could have 100% chance of unleashes a turn with the correct gear =D

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
yea i love that, but i hate how you don't always get the unleash you want. But then again, even in lost age it was either the cool unleash or a critical strike which was always a slap to my face.

san, minimal level to fight Dullahan?

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Oops, I meant like not liked. You can have a 100% chance to unleash in Dark Dawn. Randomization helps balance the weapons I suppose.

With summons and stuff you can go in at
dullahan
at lvl 40-50 (levels pretty much going through the game) I had to beef up a little over level 50, or at least one of your characters get pure wish (400+hp to everyone) because I knew it was going to be harder without using summons.

Top Bottom