• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Does anyone else use ledgedrop>nair onstage?
Even though it's possible, I myself wouldn't really attempt it because of nair's aerial lag, so I never used it in an actual match.

All matches I've been able to do are mostly from the bi-weeklies, so nothing special from me except those very few friendlies/doubles after them.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
what about stark's ike video
Here
****in emo Ike video. Just the beginning made me throw up from all the "wifi" moments he took advantage of. One thing for an opponent to do something stupid offline, but when you're montages are based on wifi moments...smh.

Oh, and I remember why he quit. "Guys, college = no brawl." I mean...you can be dedicated to your education and all, but even KIMCHI shows his *** up once in a while.

metroid1117

Smash Master
what about stark's ike video
Here
It's an entertaining video, but most of the scenes are Wi-fi clips, so the "combos" isn't very reliable in offline competitive play. I wouldn't recommend someone learning how to play Ike competitively to study it per se, but again, it has good entertainment value.

EDIT: Ninja'd by bored when I finally post. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Metroid, you seem to be getting ninja'd a lot recently. I wish I even knew how to make a montage, that'd be lulz. I do remember seeing stark's name at an actual offline tournament once somewhere on SWF, but maybe that was someone else.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oh, new ike boards montage?
fair play, i have a few still lurking around, however i *think* some may be wifi moments in which case they really dont deserve viewing XD

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
****in emo Ike video. Just the beginning made me throw up from all the "wifi" moments he took advantage of. One thing for an opponent to do something stupid offline, but when you're montages are based on wifi moments...smh.

Oh, and I remember why he quit. "Guys, college = no brawl." I mean...you can be dedicated to your education and all, but even KIMCHI shows his *** up once in a while.
Kimchi challenged me on AiB Ladder but right before I accepted he cancelled and i challenged him and he said he would rather not XD... He making a comeback? or just lulzwifi cause he is bored? 0.0 haha

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Hey, almost all of my clips put into the Ike boards video is wifi. lmao
About 60% of my own montage is wifi as well. =/

Kimchi is just playing Brawl casually, no tournaments for him. For now. Maybe.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Come one come all the...

LOUISIANA DOUBLE FEATURE!!!

This December 17th and 18th!!!

December 17th will have a tournament at Play n Trade Bluebonnet in Baton Rouge, LA. This is more of a local tournament but if you had plans on arriving in the bayou on Friday come to it anyway, roughly an hour and fifteen minutes from Lafayette.

Then on Saturday come be a part of the event where titans clash, The Awesome Smash of Louisiana, also known as TASOL!!! Boasting a large venue with a Pot Bonus and...

ALL DAY PIZZA BUFFET INCLUDED IN THE VENUE FEE!!!

We just have two words for you...

GET

HYPE

For everyone who can't take hints on links:
Warm-up Tourney:http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=292243
Big Tourneyhttp://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=274534
Venue Trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p1_1AGZDkg
LA Pride Trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DysYusN_AOI

Credits:
Jiovanni the Womanslayer - Hype Machine
Curlz - TASOL TO and Venue trailer creator
Fakegeorge - PnT Bluebonnet TO
Hyro - LA Pride trailer creator

JioFreedx

Smash Rookie
What's the difference with Wifi and Offline except no lag...

A match is a match if no one johns about lag I say it's a Legit match Both Starks and Red-X's Videos were good to me I have them saved xD....

The Wifi is just an excuse it's what you can do on either one which makes a player really good If you're not good on Wifi and Good offline then you're not that great of a player in my eyes.

Sure san if great and all but can he handle Me on Wifi?

With me I don't care how much it lags unless it's really really bad then I'll say we can't brawl but otherwise even if I lose I say GG and keep it moving, and make sure I do better next time.

This just my view of things

Don't mind me.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Majority of my clips are offline -.- any wifi clip I have was a green/blue dot and was not a "lol only wifi" moment.

Hey guys the tourney is in LA! Los Angeles! We should all gooooooooo

:troll:

Also, san makes wifi look legit in how fast he plays in it. LOL. (He can turn around jab like there is no input lag)

And lastly @Berserker

walk off dair is sooooo not combo video material unless its a finishing move of the string

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps

A match is a match if no one johns about lag I say it's a Legit match Both Starks and Red-X's Videos were good to me I have them saved xD....

The Wifi is just an excuse it's what you can do on either one which makes a player really good If you're not good on Wifi and Good offline then you're not that great of a player in my eyes.

With me I don't care how much it lags unless it's really really bad then I'll say we can't brawl but otherwise even if I lose I say GG and keep it moving, and make sure I do better next time.

This just my view of things

Don't mind me.
I say GLG most the time for Good Lag Game XP.. I hate having to use wifi as my only means of practice since i can't play locals much.. Wifi definitely does affect a players playing ability you can not deny that. Wifi doesn't prove the ability of a player, I agree it somewhat contributes but not a lot.. It makes no sense to say that a top 5 offline placing player offline that does horrible on wifi is not a good player because obviously their offline placings have proved their playing ability just wifi has basically crippled their ability.

The main reason I hate wifi is reaction timing, depending on who you play you always have to change your reaction timing due to the connection which is a pain in the a$$ when your play style mainly revolves around reading, reacting, punishing. (not saying other people don't do that) but its just really hard to do on wifi.

Games, imo, can be drastically altered if your move comes out frames later because once your mind reacts and you hit that c-stick your timing is correct but what shows up on the screen is different because you have to wait those extra 2 or 6 frames or whatever number you want.

This is my opinion on wifi, you are entitled to yours, I'm not criticizing or anything just questioning your logic somewhat. Oh well.. Wifi sometime? XP haha

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Slaps, you did it all wrong...

Look, I know you're new here and all...so...

Get out. Get the **** out. That's the dumbest logic and bs I've ever read in my life when it comes to defending wifi. Wtf man? You do realize that lag of any kind should NEVER be a factor in deciding who's skill is better. It's a variable that should not be used in any kind of competition. It disrupts the overall flow, and it can even alter button inputs and what moves you're supposed to do. Further more, there are several characters who have more trouble successfully executing their moves (IC CG for example), because of timing on wifi. If you watch Stark's video, you see a lot of miscues DUE TO wifi. Like hell I would be impressed by some lag screwing a person up so another takes advantage. You might wanna get those eyes of yours checked and get a whole new view point, because NO ONE is going to agree with you on that.

Yes wifi is good for match up experience, and trying things out, but never say it's on equal footing with offline.

Oh, and San would 3 stock you without looking. He could be using a wireless controller, and taking a dump in the bathroom, and be talking to one of his 30 girl friends on the phone while beating you.

@ Metroid, is that 2 in a row now for you? You are so out with the times.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924

Also, san makes wifi look legit in how fast he plays in it. LOL. (He can turn around jab like there is no input lag)

And lastly @Berserker

walk off dair is sooooo not combo video material unless its a finishing move of the string
Yet you still know better than anyone how different I play offline. But really, I can play as fast as I want, depends on if I feel like playing fast-paced or not.

I'm just glad I didn't bomb my Linear Algebra test. I was worried when the average with a room full of smart people was a 67, down from 85.

@ Bored, and yes sometimes I do play with distractions and act as though nothing happened. No johns.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Brb, crying.
Laughed out loud again.

So, last night, I got to try changing my tire with a tuxedo on. And then my jack fell over because it's a piece of crap. And then I got it out from under my car. And then I had to call roadside assistance just so they could bring me a jack that doesn't suck balls. And it took 45 minutes for them to get there.
Whoever put a nail in my tire must be satisfied. GOD, I'm looking at you. I know it's because I badmouthed the probability of your existence.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm just having a hard time believing someone could be that foolish...dude must be a troll.

Changing out a flat tire while wearing a tuxedo = pro status. Reminds me of a Drake and Josh episode I saw about them getting locked out of their own car while driving to a wedding.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Yet you still know better than anyone how different I play offline. But really, I can play as fast as I want, depends on if I feel like playing fast-paced or not.

I'm just glad I didn't bomb my Linear Algebra test. I was worried when the average with a room full of smart people was a 67, down from 85

@ Bored, and yes sometimes I do play with distractions and act as though nothing happened. No johns.
i was speaking in perspective to those who haven't played you offline.

I know how ridiculous are offline, its nothing to your online game. I actually get away with **** on wifi against you

JioFreedx

Smash Rookie
Lmfao!

Oh that was funny but as I said before I didnt get to tell you guys and Ive finally found you San

I will be the best Ike in Brawl

And Im from New Jersey so Im not too far to take your title
Not now but in time give me a few more months and it will be mine!!

You guys can laugh :/

But you'll see when I beat him...

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Where in Jersey? You have to first beat Kimchi for best New Jersey Ike.

(or you can find me in Burlington County)

Also, takes more than Ike dittos, you gotta get better than san's results in tourney. You could be the absolute best at Ike dittos but be a trash Ike player cause you lose to any random high tier.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Lmfao!

Oh that was funny but as I said before I didnt get to tell you guys and Ive finally found you San

And Im from New Jersey so Im not too far to take your title
Not now but in time give me a few more months and it will be mine!!

You guys can laugh :/

But you'll see when I beat him...
Keep up your cocky attitude and nobody will like you. I'm pretty much already there.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Yes, because you're going to place higher than 18th at a MLG tournament using only Ike.

Because you're going to beat the MLG champion.

You're going to win multiple tournaments with Ike, going up against his worse MUs, played by good/top players.

Scrub, you ain't going to do any of that. Particularly if you think wifi actually means anything. You probably still think QD is a good move.

This is the Ike boards. We don't give out sympathy. You're too arrogant for your own good: we're going to laugh when you fall flat on your face.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
@jamlosingthegame Thanks for answering.
Any other Ike mind doing the same? Ledgedrop>nair..?

Also, how do you guys deal with a fast, spammable aerial like Marth's or ROB's fair, with the opponent doing it while rising/retreating?

Top Bottom