• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
So, I was looking at this topic: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=291339

Even though our pivot grab is a few frames slower than our standing grab, would the increase in range make up for this difference, and allow for us to regrab out of Bthrow a few more times?
Do you mean against Bowser or in general?

Is Fthrow->regrab slower than a pivot grab? If so, maybe this could be used to Fthrow infinite against a wall vs. characters it just barely doesn't work on?

Also, I was thinking you could use this to make the Wario pivot grab infinite easier (if you want to call the timing on this easier than what's necessary now). This definitely looks faster than dash->pivot, so we wouldn't have to be so frame-specific.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Golden sun is pretty decent as far as variety of puzzles and stuff goes, but the battles are kind of boring atm, still kind of fun for me though. Don't really feel much progression when "mastering" weapons, and sometimes between levels. Can't think of many other effective methods other than summon spam at boss fights so far, hoping that'll change.

So, I was looking at this topic: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=291339

Even though our pivot grab is a few frames slower than our standing grab, would the increase in range make up for this difference, and allow for us to regrab out of Bthrow a few more times?
Can you clarify? When do you suggest using a pivot grab? After jab1? After a grab release? After a bthrow? (running towards them, stopping, then pivot grabbing?)

@Jam
Of course there's the really popular ones like Veritas and The Breaker (which is now read from right to left now I think)
but others like from this artist http://www.mangafox.com/search/author/IM+Dal+Young/ read most of these, most of these are pretty decent.

1/2 prince I read much later, because at first I thought it was going to be crappy but it turned out surprisingly good later. Yureka has a similar setting (MMO setting) but it's pretty different, a surprise since I had believed stories that stories around MMOs would suck. A lot of the manwhas grow on you after a while. Noblesse, Tower of God, Zippy Ziggy, and others I can't remember I also enjoyed.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Any situation really. But mainly to see if we can manage to get a Bthrow CG on more characters than Bowser. Most characters we were only slightly off in either speed or range. Maybe if there are a few characters where we were only off on range, this can make it work?

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Not sure if any grab option can beat a simple dash grab after being thrown so far. After a throw, we have to run up to them, unlike Bowser's grab release. I can only think of tricks with true pivots or something like that, too, but the power's out in my area so I can't even check.

@ jam best time to use a pivot grab is to run underneath an aerial (never run past when they're on the ground), easy air dodge punishment, or punish characters with bad range. Knowing when to use pivot grab and getting your own timing based on usual opponent tendencies is all you need to know. Ike is pretty hard to pivot grab due to almost all of his aerials going down and around him, but you will get pivot grabbed a few times if you're air dodge happpy.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Ever since Golden Sun for the DS was announced like 2 years ago, I decided to try to go back and play the first two for the GBA...... I always wanted to get into the series anyway.

After I bought the first game though, I've only been able to play for like an hour before I lose interest in it..... :/ I don't think i can do it.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I had more fun with the second game, Colaya.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Oi, second game is more interesting. But playing through the first game helps with the plot.

And it has Saturos'(sp?) theme, so you need to here that coming through your DS. :D

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
I have saturos' theme on DF. Epic.
Did you know his name is Salamandar in france/europe (idk exactly^^") Sounds lame but makes sense.

and

But mainly to see if we can manage to get a Bthrow CG on more characters than Bowser.
wait

wat?

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Niddo your reply is gigantic. I need to reply with an equally huge wall of text but that'll have to wait until tomorrow because I have a midterm tomorrow!

Also Ike can probably do a lot more stuff with pivot grabbing and initial dashing than we know for sure but I'm not researching it because a) it's a video game, not my master's thesis and b) I play wifi anyway trololololol

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i reckon we can do it on donkey kong too, fox is a possibility because of his fallweight but im not entirely sure

also, when on ice (a.k.a only ever useful on ps2) we can bthrow cg falco till about 50%, but once again it must be frame perfect

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Niddo your reply is gigantic. I need to reply with an equally huge wall of text but that'll have to wait until tomorrow because I have a midterm tomorrow!
Just remember it's an incomplete argument, just what I happen to be working with at this moment. I probably won't have anything close to a completely thought out/researched argument for years. ;_;

And I don't think the CG will work on Fox. He falls too fast, while being too small.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
i will never eat flan again

Either "Wait Ike can Do that?" or "That ain't Ryko" are what you are looking for except their old. No recent ones and i'm on my phone so can't link

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Oh yeah, forgot about that.

I have pretty much no clips. I basically haven't played in 3 months. Nobody here has a chance to play at all, including me. =[
why do you say that? too busy with school? 0.0

also, yeah shield grab is faster but the time you have to regrab bowser i don't think you have time to run enough to get a shield up and grab... idk ill work on it and see how it goes...

Top Bottom