• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
I do remember having a dream about an econ class the semester before I took it....When that class happened, I got the déja vu and could tell what my professor was going to say next.

How exactly would they prove premonition dreams to be false, anyway?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Oh ok. How come?
Often times, when we dream of something that's "going to happen" or do dream of something that later comes true. We dream these things, because we have thought about them previously, and there is always a chance they may appear in your dream, diving further, and becoming a symbolic message.

For example, if you heard yesterday or even a few days ago that your friend's dog was sick, and you dreamed about him dieing...and he did die the following day, well there isn't much to it but your subconscious bringing out the worst possibility.

Also Nys, you say you remember your dreams, but you are aware that people experience multiple dreams throughout the night and generally come to remember only one right?

I do remember having a dream about an econ class the semester before I took it....When that class happened, I got the déja vu and could tell what my professor was going to say next.

How exactly would they prove premonition dreams to be false, anyway?
It's already been proven that everyone dreams. There's also been a general consensus that events making you feel a deja vu or "woah I saw this coming" vibe are courtesy of your subconscious gathering lil bits here and there from your life and answering the question in your dreams. When it happens in real life, you get that deja vu feeling. Basically, you thought it up in your dreams, but you don't remember it until it happens in real life.

Also, unless you believe in ESP and psychic powers...then dreams predicting the future is utterly false. If you do believe in that stuff, then I can't argue with that unless you change your mind.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ever had a dream of you getting a really good grade on a test.. Then you wake up? Once I didn't realize until a few seconds later and I was like oh wait -_-

Speaking of tests, only 1 test left til I'm done! So relieved right now.
I have the opposite and I wake up thanking god for a life lesson through a dream.

I have..... 4 tests X_X 1 on wednesday, 2 on thursday, and 1 whenever i want online but just by Sunday. I just hate the stacked amount.. I'll be fine once its over

metroid1117

Smash Master
Last week, I had a final at noon. That day, I woke up at 9 and studied on my bed. I woke up later at 10, realizing that me studying was a dream >.>. Too bad what I studied in my dream wasn't on my final...

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
You obviously made up stuff while studying in your dream that made you do worse or had no effect if it wasn't on the exam like you said (luckily)

Rangerike

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Thatsrike
I experience deja vu quite a lot. Like this one time when I had a dream I remember seeing my teacher helping two kids up front with a dvd player, and then maybe a week later it happened and I sat there watching thinking to myself that I dreamt about this. I have a lot more

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Brett, Bored and I don't eat ham, so you're gonna be carring for the both of us, and An(M)ist too if he shows up to the party

There is a point in Ike's jab where you can SDI behind Ike after the 2nd jab. You just have to know that position and don't do jab 2. Spaced Jab you can't SDI away from a AAA combo.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
oh the confusion of commas

That was meant to be:

Brett, (start sentence) Bored and I

In real life it would be fine cause i would be saying Brett to get his attention.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I think Ussi was talking to an invisible Brett about you and himself.

@Blub
You still have many options out of a single jab. Most of the time you can get at least 2 jab1s in.

jab1->uptilt works well on light characters. Jab->grab, jab-> retreating aerial for the non-speedy characters, or just hold A and hope it auto combat walks.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Oh, I see lol. I tend to ignore the topic titles.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I once had a freaking dream that I met the right girl. That dream happened on a Valentine's Day =/

I also experience some deja vu. Freaks me out sometimes.

As for the ham thing, I can eat a considerable amount (too damn fat) but not enough to cover 3 people.

The jab thing reminded me of something funny while I was having a boring day. Went up against a CPU and just held A. Damn things so stupid they run into it. Had an Ike CPU even DA into it. I lol'd.

Rangerike

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Thatsrike
Hey Redex I just noticed your name is -Red-X- with "-" :>

btw looks awesome when was this leaked

•Col•

Smash Champion
Heard a rumor that Namco haven't been too keen on selling their 'Tales of' games outside of Japan due to poor sales and a bad economy, which is why the past few haven't come to the US....

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Yeeeee, they haven't been localizing their newer games recently because of how expensive dubbing is. (Apparently, one line from a script could costs thousands. lol)

I hope this one is different and gets localized. I need a new Tales to play dammit. :[

@Ranger, probably about 2 hours ago.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm TICKED Tales of Graces didn't hit the US. ToS is one of the best games EVER.

BTW, Bowser mains can eat way more ham than Ike mains.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Ussi said:
There is a point in Ike's jab where you can SDI behind Ike after the 2nd jab. You just have to know that position and don't do jab 2. Spaced Jab you can't SDI away from a AAA combo.
This guy (an olimar) was SDIing away, and since I could barely get close enough for a jab at full range he could get away with no more than 1 or 2 jabs each time u_u

@san
what if he's getting up and away?^
go below and try to punish his landing, try a rising nair? I definitly couldn't get a Utilt.

Zigsta said:
ToS is one of the best games EVER.
true =)

Zigsta said:
BTW, Bowser mains can eat way more ham than Ike mains.
false =(

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Lol, your opinion...and a very biased one considering you're probably the biggest fan here.

And I'm surprised dubbing is so expensive given the fact that the dub can be REALLY bad.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Lol, your opinion...and a very biased one considering you're probably the biggest fan here.

And I'm surprised dubbing is so expensive given the fact that the dub can be REALLY bad.
Probably. -.- lol
I wonder how much money the English VAs for Arc Rise Fantasia were getting.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
The Tales series is probably one of the most entertaining around. The stories are somewhat generic (although they all have a few twists here and there) but the characters, battle system and sheer level of stuff to do in every game more than makes up for it.

Tales of Symphonia is my favorite game of all time, by the way. Tales isn't my favorite series (that's Phoenix Wright) but ToS is definitely my favorite game.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
PS3 is gonna be a waste of money in a long run. I already bought an xbox 360 >_> I'll probably buy xbox 360 games for now

Top Bottom