• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Ike Boards Bi-Weeklies Thread ~ Come in and discuss ideas! ~

Would you like to see the bi-weeklies start up again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Man, it seems like I missed out on some fun. But all you probably would've heard from me was wifi-john after wifi-john. Nah, I'd be blaming the game for preventing me from doing inputs, or making me do a n-air off the side of the stage.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
none of us here are taking it seriously, and stop buffering jabs near the edge. Just have fun and don't focus on playing perfectly when wifi itself makes it impossible to do that

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah, notice how certain moves become so much better on wifi? like the dash attack for example, its so much better on wifi

Heartstring

Smash Legend
It'll start this weekend, probably Saturday, and run until mid next week, probably Wednesday.

:034:
woo, cant wait for this again!
i was originally gonna be gonig to another tournament in which to try out my new (offline) playstyle. but i cant now, other commitments always get in the way of stuff

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Soo sunday 3pm like last week or is that a bad time for the rest of you? I may have a friend over that day but I can still probably play.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Something like this doesn't need to be stickied lol.

Iofsauron

Smash Journeyman
not ouch, its just last time you logged off before the first game so we played on bf all 3 games
Yeah I couldnt stay on, cause of a storm :p but it probably wont happen again. If I left chat on, it would have kept crashin, plus my other 2 bros were using 2 other computers, so that didnt help alot either :p but thankfully, Ive repaired my computer, so yeah ultra good now :bee:

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I was gonna post this sooner but I just got back from a tournament.

Sign-ups for next weekend have officially started!

If you've already signed up for the last one, obviously you don't need to provide a preferred screen name / FC, just post here or PM me to verify that you'll be attending this one as well.

It will be the same time as the last one, next Sunday at 3:00 pm EST (all times will be in the OP as soon as I update it). Keep in mind that since we are sticking to the round robin style for now, you can arrive a bit late as long as you notify me beforehand that you'll have to.

Sign-ups will end next Wednesday at midnight PST (so in EST it would be 3:00 am Thursday morning). That should give me enough time to consider how many people we expect to show up and maybe find a better way to make sets go faster.

Anyways, sign-up! Gogogo!

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Good stuff guys, confirmed all of you.

AN(M)ist said:
To Nys, is there a way for you guys to record the videos against one another. I don't have a wii to participate so I would love to see them.
If any of us has a way of doing that, then they could record their own sets, but I have no good way to do it myself and I wouldn't want to make one person join every room as a third party spectator just to record the set. You'd have to see if anyone participating has a recording device that wouldn't cause lag while playing live and see if they'd want to do it.

My only concern is that it would probably slow down the proceedings, and if a lot of players show up it may take awhile anyways.

:034:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I could record anything, but I don't really know many people who would want to watch, because there are so many Ike dittos on youtube anyways.

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
I'll try to play this time: Foodies/1977-5616-8194

But I'll most likely have to leave early or come in late because of lunch.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I agree with San, it's all Ike dittos, and there are hundreds of videos out there anyways of Ike dittos. It seems like there need to be some new ones (unless you count the AiB ones), but that doesn't mean they should be recorded every bi-weekly. Also New York Shark, you can enforce a rule similar to Chibo's Video to the Masses.

I think most of us have homebrew on our wiis with unlimited replays, so if we do decide to record a set, we can send them to someone who has recording equipment (which you should take note of). Honestly though, because it's wifi, I wouldn't want to be involved in any of this, but if two people agree to it and play a darn good set, then I don't see why not it can be uploaded.

And then, when you decide to do the top 8 thing, you have recordings for Losers/Winners/Grand Finals.

Top Bottom