• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Ike Boards Bi-Weeklies Thread ~ Come in and discuss ideas! ~

Would you like to see the bi-weeklies start up again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Okay guys, thank you to everyone who came out for this, it was the first one so it was a bit disorganized and attendance was kind of iffy for some. Nevertheless it went a lot smoother than I thought it would and I hope everyone had fun!

I have finished inputting all the data into the stats section, so you can all go there and click on 'Show' beside your name to view your stats so far. The current PRs are also up in the OP, although they are subject to change at the next bi-weekly, so if you want to hold your spot make sure to be there and get some more wins!

I hope for an even bigger turn-out next time and I'll work on a better system for organizing sets as well. In the mean time, feel free to use the Xat any time to find other Ikes for friendlies if you're bored one day. It can be our Ike boards social Xat while tourneys aren't going on.

And yah, San too good. His stats have plenty of green, lol.

:034:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
HOLY CRAP, I'M NOT DEAD LAST!

And I went 1-2 with IofSauron. I still blame losing my rhythm due to stage selection confusion (I still say he shouldn't have been able to CP BF as it had already been used as the neutral stage dang it!) and input lag for the two loses in that set.

However, I did discover some important things:

1) PS2's Wind Stage is amazing for Ike. We can drop back to ground level at a moment's notice thanks to aether. Eruption is too good here. Uair eats people alive. Seriously people, start studying this stage as a possible CP option.

2) PS2's Electric Stage is hilarious in Ike dittos if both Ikes fall off the same side of the stage. AETHER AETHER HYAAAAAAAA AETHER HYAAAAAAAAAAA HYAAAAAAAAAA AETHER

3) I should CP Norfair more. :D Sorry Ussi.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
>.> Never again am I going norfair, RC for life

Niddo, aethering down is only safe if the other guy is in the air too.

Iofsauron

Smash Journeyman
Im glad i played this for 2 reasons
1) First time I EVER played Ike dittos, which was a awesome experience
2) First time ever playing in wifi for Brawl (guess there is a first time for everything) :p

Iofsauron

Smash Journeyman
HOLY CRAP, I'M NOT DEAD LAST!

And I went 1-2 with IofSauron. I still blame losing my rhythm due to stage selection confusion (I still say he shouldn't have been able to CP BF as it had already been used as the neutral stage dang it!) and input lag for the two loses in that set.

However, I did discover some important things:

1) PS2's Wind Stage is amazing for Ike. We can drop back to ground level at a moment's notice thanks to aether. Eruption is too good here. Uair eats people alive. Seriously people, start studying this stage as a possible CP option.

2) PS2's Electric Stage is hilarious in Ike dittos if both Ikes fall off the same side of the stage. AETHER AETHER HYAAAAAAAA AETHER HYAAAAAAAAAAA HYAAAAAAAAAA AETHER

3) I should CP Norfair more. :D Sorry Ussi.
Sorry for double post, but don't lie, you laughed your *** off when on the first match i killed myself using eruption instead of Aether :chuckle:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Watching people try to SDI out of single jab lock on that 1 small wall on Rainbow Cruise is always so hilarious.

Aw, Red-X could've survived both stocks. Oh well XD

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Best match of the day

Against San, we shouldn't rank wins and loses but rank how many times we got to kill san legitimately (WiFi suicides don't count)
Lmao, I'll have to start taking note of the number of stocks each player had at the end of every match. And yah, single Jab lock against a wall is funny. I forget who it was I did it to on PS1, but I was up a stock so I didn't feel like being a douche and Fthrow infinite, so I just did one Fthrow and then Jab 1 like eight times.

A lot of people had trouble jab canceling online. I don't really find it much harder than offline unless the lag is choppy. I had relatively good connections with all of you guys though.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I think I was brought to 1 stock once, but I don't really remember =/ I think we should still just go by whatever methods we're already using (I know you were just joking tho).

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
>.> Never again am I going norfair, RC for life

Niddo, aethering down is only safe if the other guy is in the air too.
What, you don't wanna try to regain your honour by beating me at Norfair? lol

And I know that about aether. It's still an advantage other characters don't have here.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
What, you don't wanna try to regain your honour by beating me at Norfair? lol

And I know that about aether. It's still an advantage other characters don't have here.
2 characters that are unaffected by air are Pit and Pikachu. Their UpBs are unaffected by the wind. In a sense anyone with a controlable (with a direction to go down) UpB (Zelda, Spacies, etc) can go down thru the wind

I loved making those captions. When I did quick draw on the end I really pictured you saying "OH NO YOU DON'T"

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Slightly annoyed that my WiFi died on me before this tourney. As a sort of impulse reaction I have ordered my pro Wii ethernet adapter so that I don't have to worry about this. Plus a wired connection is necessary for this super serious game.

Some slight things for the next biweekly:
-I promise to beat Niddo on Norfair to reclaim your honor, Ussi.

Er, that's it, really.

Also Niddo doesn't Kirby's Final Cutter work in the exact same way as Aether wind wise? And can't Kirby just stone through the wind as well?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
ah, this was great fun, a few great moment's were had, such as nys's amazing comeback on me (f-throw > d-air is a true combo TT_TT) and spiking ussi out of quick draw felt pretty amazing, despite the fact i lost in the end.
will look forward to doing this again

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I thought I said "Most other character's don't have" instead of "Other characters don't have". Apparently, I forgot the "Most" part.

Ya, Kirby can do it. MK to some extent with Drill Rush/Dimension Cape. Can't think of others off of the top of my head.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I thought I said "Most other character's don't have" instead of "Other characters don't have". Apparently, I forgot the "Most" part.

Ya, Kirby can do it. MK to some extent with Drill Rush/Dimension Cape. Can't think of others off of the top of my head.
lol, i took red-x to ps2, got owned, and i've never palyed there before XP, but there wasnt much chance of me winning, and i might aswell try out new stuff in this after all...
wind stage was lol's though, its how ike's jumps SHOULD go...
can you imagine jiggly there? she'd never come down again

Max113

Smash Apprentice
Lol, I got the time zones wrong and showed up 6 hours late... D:

Next time, could you please say all the timezones...?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
*Checks Update* ... ._.'
Nysyarc said:
The tournament will begin Sunday, June 13th at:

12:00 pm PST
1:00 pm MST
2:00 pm CST
3:00 pm EST
Lol, it's all good though, there will be plenty more tournaments if all goes well. Speaking of which, I should probably remove the sign-up and start times for that last one from the OP.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Lol, it's all good though, there will be plenty more tournaments if all goes well. Speaking of which, I should probably remove the sign-up and start times for that last one from the OP.

i think he's after european timezones to be honest, if he lets me know what timezone hes in if that is the case that is.

also i look forward to playing nysyark again, out first game was too close!
'ok so i got this, just make sure he dosent intercept the aet...'
get's dair at 5%
GAME!
'....NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!'
my favourite game of the night that was

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
i think he's after european timezones to be honest, if he lets me know what timezone hes in if that is the case that is.

also i look forward to playing nysyark again, out first game was too close!
'ok so i got this, just make sure he dosent intercept the aet...'
get's dair at 5%
GAME!
'....NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!'
my favourite game of the night that was
Nah he's west coast Canada, so I guess PST. And yah that was lols, I figured I had a shot at it there and if I missed I'd have a long stock ahead of me (I play super defensive when I'm down on my last stock), so I went for it. San did that to me in friendlies once on BF, same general situation and exact same move to KO me early; I have the replay too, lol.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Nah he's west coast Canada, so I guess PST. And yah that was lols, I figured I had a shot at it there and if I missed I'd have a long stock ahead of me (I play super defensive when I'm down on my last stock), so I went for it. San did that to me in friendlies once on BF, same general situation and exact same move to KO me early; I have the replay too, lol.

and now youve passed on that moment of horror onto me...cheers you mug XP

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Dair on aether is just for flashiness cause it shouldn't be working. Even if it does hit, too easy to SDI & tech offline.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
san you are a killjoy for online funnies D: (just kidding, o_O what if aether is as the lowest point though, you can really DI that into the stage to tech???)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Dair on aether is just for flashiness cause it shouldn't be working. Even if it does hit, too easy to SDI & tech offline.
nah waht happened is he fast falled his dair and hit me before aether even properly started up, so i died before he fell to his death, i wasnt best pleased to be honest XP

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
san you are a killjoy for online funnies D: (just kidding, o_O what if aether is as the lowest point though, you can really DI that into the stage to tech???)
If it's at the lowest point it's likely possible to SDI it and tech... for Mr. Doom. Plus it is easy to see coming if you're the one using Aether so you do have plenty of time to prepare to SDI like crazy. If the peak of Aether is above the stage, then yes it's too easy to SDI/DI onto the stage and you don't even really have to tech. If it's below the stage it becomes trickier depending on the stage.

On YI it's easy because the wall runs all along the stage so you just need to DI so you'll hit it and time the tech. A stage like BF would be harder since the stage slopes in at a sharp angle so you'd actually have to SDI all the way under that slope of the stage and tech jump as soon as you're sent in motion.

And yah, it was just a Bthrow -> walk-off Dair that I did on G.P. I did Dair spike someone out of Aether during the tourney but I forget who.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
If it's at the lowest point it's likely possible to SDI it and tech... for Mr. Doom. Plus it is easy to see coming if you're the one using Aether so you do have plenty of time to prepare to SDI like crazy. If the peak of Aether is above the stage, then yes it's too easy to SDI/DI onto the stage and you don't even really have to tech. If it's below the stage it becomes trickier depending on the stage.

On YI it's easy because the wall runs all along the stage so you just need to DI so you'll hit it and time the tech. A stage like BF would be harder since the stage slopes in at a sharp angle so you'd actually have to SDI all the way under that slope of the stage and tech jump as soon as you're sent in motion.

And yah, it was just a Bthrow -> walk-off Dair that I did on G.P. I did Dair spike someone out of Aether during the tourney but I forget who.

i did not enjoy that moment in time TT_TT i then half threw the next game becuase i was still like 'wtf'

Top Bottom